My '12 SE Picture/Project Thread - Page 63 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

Like Tree49Likes
Reply




 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #621
Focus Enthusiast
 
Senayski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 110276
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL, Tuxedo Black

Posts: 123
FF Reputation: 1 Senayski Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfire View Post
looks good! is today your favorite day of the year??

03/20


lol.
Haha this guy ^^
__________________
Proud MK3 Hatchback Owner*

Pittsburgh brah
Senayski is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #622
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
 
Twenty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 90312
Location: Calgary, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

Posts: 4,608
Points 24,449, Level 95
Points: 24,449, Level: 95 Points: 24,449, Level: 95 Points: 24,449, Level: 95
Level Up 10% Completed
Level up: 10% Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 10 Twenty Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfire View Post
looks good! is today your favorite day of the year??

03/20


lol.
Actually the second person to make note of that.
__________________
officialTHREETWENTY
2012 YB Focus SE Sedan [featured in Performance Ford, Sept '14]
1992 BW Grand Prix SE Sedan [restomod project]
SR#74/SMk3C#17/YBOC#03
Bill M.
Twenty is online now  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #623
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
 
Twenty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 90312
Location: Calgary, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

Posts: 4,608
Points 24,449, Level 95
Points: 24,449, Level: 95 Points: 24,449, Level: 95 Points: 24,449, Level: 95
Level Up 10% Completed
Level up: 10% Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 10 Twenty Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Last night was the weekly local meet. I have yet to go through all of the photos but couldn't resist getting this one ready to go.

__________________
officialTHREETWENTY
2012 YB Focus SE Sedan [featured in Performance Ford, Sept '14]
1992 BW Grand Prix SE Sedan [restomod project]
SR#74/SMk3C#17/YBOC#03
Bill M.
Twenty is online now  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #624
Adam
 
1slofofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 92422
Location: Chicago, IL
What I Drive: Mk3

Posts: 2,233
Points 5,001, Level 45
Points: 5,001, Level: 45 Points: 5,001, Level: 45 Points: 5,001, Level: 45
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 6 1slofofo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Kinda like yours better than the ST lol.
__________________
Avant Garde M310 Hyper Black. ST2 Recaros. Downforce USA Front Lip. KW V1 Coilovers
1slofofo is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #625
ninja lurker status
 
SvviftSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Fan#: 58277
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: Green-Eyed 2004 Black SVT #0461

Posts: 19,601
Points 14,260, Level 77
Points: 14,260, Level: 77 Points: 14,260, Level: 77 Points: 14,260, Level: 77
Level Up 53% Completed
Level up: 53% Level up: 53% Level up: 53%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 11 SvviftSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slofofo View Post
Kinda like yours better than the ST lol.
THIS!
yours is just so much classier. lol
__________________
Tha Kraken: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/ford-focus-builds-general-showroom/285082-meet-kraken.html
Ermac: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/ford-focus-builds-general-showroom/573721-ermac-14-fist.html
SvviftSVT is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #626
Focus Fanatic
 
Drumr90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99659
Location: Northampton, PA
What I Drive: 2006 Black ZX5 auto

Posts: 3,232
Points 3,816, Level 39
Points: 3,816, Level: 39 Points: 3,816, Level: 39 Points: 3,816, Level: 39
Level Up 11% Completed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 Drumr90 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I complatley agree urs dose look nicer than st. Good work
__________________
Ive been bleeding ford blue since birth.
CO2 is nutrition not a polluitant ask a tree.
Hatch nation #03
Rally revolution #06 [HOONIGAN]
Team Duratec #30
Drumr90 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #627
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
 
Twenty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 90312
Location: Calgary, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

Posts: 4,608
Points 24,449, Level 95
Points: 24,449, Level: 95 Points: 24,449, Level: 95 Points: 24,449, Level: 95
Level Up 10% Completed
Level up: 10% Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 10 Twenty Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slofofo View Post
Kinda like yours better than the ST lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvviftSVT View Post
THIS!
yours is just so much classier. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumr90 View Post
I complatley agree urs dose look nicer than st. Good work
Thanks all! The ST front is still on the long-term to-do list though.
__________________
officialTHREETWENTY
2012 YB Focus SE Sedan [featured in Performance Ford, Sept '14]
1992 BW Grand Prix SE Sedan [restomod project]
SR#74/SMk3C#17/YBOC#03
Bill M.
Twenty is online now  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #628
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
 
Twenty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 90312
Location: Calgary, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

Posts: 4,608
Points 24,449, Level 95
Points: 24,449, Level: 95 Points: 24,449, Level: 95 Points: 24,449, Level: 95
Level Up 10% Completed
Level up: 10% Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 10 Twenty Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Sedan owners, watch for this:

Saturday I was out running some errands with my mother. We got back to the Focus, put our things in the trunk, hopped in, and went to drive off. Suddenly, the TRUNK AJAR warning came on, so I got back out to open and close the lid again, thinking it was just mistaken somehow. It wouldn't open. The key fob wouldn't open it, nor would the button on the trunk lid itself. I released it using the emergency release inside (by crawling in through the back seat opening) and shut it. Driving off, the warning came back on.

Upon getting home, the trunk still wouldn't open and the car was still convinced the trunk was ajar. After an inspection I found the culprit:



Cut wire. Notice how there's no loom or protection of any kind there? While it doesn't pass through metal (though it looks like it in the picture), it appears that over time the moving and folding of the wires as the trunk lid is opened and closed caused the wire to weaken, and it finally broke in half.

Today I drove it in to work to let a coworker who does electrical reconnect it - thus documenting the problem and avoiding any potential future warranty issues (thanks to Mike for fixing it, by the way!). As I was backing up into the bay though, he called out to say my reverse lights started flickering - and then they cut out entirely.



Following a repair of the wire, it and the rest were then taped up and covered in a section of wire loom, as they should have been from the factory. The reverse lights work again, the trunk opens as it should, and the warnings are gone from the cluster.

The rest of the wires were still in good shape but that one had had enough and split in two. So sedan owners, check to see if your wires are covered, and if not note that you could have a problem if one weakens like this one did.
__________________
officialTHREETWENTY
2012 YB Focus SE Sedan [featured in Performance Ford, Sept '14]
1992 BW Grand Prix SE Sedan [restomod project]
SR#74/SMk3C#17/YBOC#03
Bill M.
Twenty is online now  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #629
That Guy
 
dyn085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98047
Location: Fayetteville, NC
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Posts: 13,220
Points 31,410, Level 100
Points: 31,410, Level: 100 Points: 31,410, Level: 100 Points: 31,410, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 34%
Activity: 34% Activity: 34% Activity: 34%
FF Reputation: 54 dyn085 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I think he has enough loom
__________________
FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
dyn085 is online now  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #630
Focus Enthusiast
 
Wasney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 109571
Location: Saginaw, MI
What I Drive: 5SPD 2013 Focus SE

Posts: 428
Points 279, Level 5
Points: 279, Level: 5 Points: 279, Level: 5 Points: 279, Level: 5
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Wasney Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty View Post
Sedan owners, watch for this:

Saturday I was out running some errands with my mother. We got back to the Focus, put our things in the trunk, hopped in, and went to drive off. Suddenly, the TRUNK AJAR warning came on, so I got back out to open and close the lid again, thinking it was just mistaken somehow. It wouldn't open. The key fob wouldn't open it, nor would the button on the trunk lid itself. I released it using the emergency release inside (by crawling in through the back seat opening) and shut it. Driving off, the warning came back on.

Upon getting home, the trunk still wouldn't open and the car was still convinced the trunk was ajar. After an inspection I found the culprit:



Cut wire. Notice how there's no loom or protection of any kind there? While it doesn't pass through metal (though it looks like it in the picture), it appears that over time the moving and folding of the wires as the trunk lid is opened and closed caused the wire to weaken, and it finally broke in half.

Today I drove it in to work to let a coworker who does electrical reconnect it - thus documenting the problem and avoiding any potential future warranty issues (thanks to Mike for fixing it, by the way!). As I was backing up into the bay though, he called out to say my reverse lights started flickering - and then they cut out entirely.



Following a repair of the wire, it and the rest were then taped up and covered in a section of wire loom, as they should have been from the factory. The reverse lights work again, the trunk opens as it should, and the warnings are gone from the cluster.

The rest of the wires were still in good shape but that one had had enough and split in two. So sedan owners, check to see if your wires are covered, and if not note that you could have a problem if one weakens like this one did.
Thanks for the pics, I'm going g to take a look tomorrow, see if mine is similar (uncovered).
Wasney is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 PM.


Copyright 2002-2015 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Mazda CX-3, Audi S3, Mazda MX-5 Miata and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus, Focus ST and Focus RS related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. If you own other makes have a look at Challenger Hellcat Forum, Charger Hellcat Forum, Cadillac ATS-V Forum, Cadillac ATS Forum, Cadillac CTS-V Forum, Lexus RC-F Forum, Lexus GS-F Forum, Mercedes GLA Forum, Mercedes GLE Forum, Civic Type-R Forum and Volvo XC90 Forum.





Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1