Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Rude's Ultimate Build....

64K views 329 replies 87 participants last post by  Rudel 
#1 · (Edited)
NEVER had a real build thread on this forum....I want to take you on a summerized history before we get down with the build....

2004-05 The Early Years:

After my tour in Iraq, I was quick to jump on this SVT. It wasn't long before I added a cold air intake. The sound of the air being sucked in was real nice. I few months later I joined FocusFanatics and Fj online communities, to learn more about my car.

One of the popular mods for the SVT was replacing the R13 relay with a jumper wire so that you did not have to turn on the head-lights when you want to use the fog-lights. Replacing the fog-light bulbs with Hoen H10s made out nice. An order all the way from France was Morette's tail lights. I didn't like the OEM lights as it messed up the roof-line flow for me...

Click on the pictures to see the larger ones.

See less See more
#41 ·
[clap] WOW just WOW
Thanks guys. [burnout]

Ill be back. I just messed myself!
kjbhgcv bnjhgcfvbhjnnbvh

Sorry had to wipe the keyboard.
You guys should relieve yourselves before you visit this thread. [:p]

wow some really nice and rare stuff there
Indeed, that's why I have 2 of everything...haha [;)]

I dont follow build threads that often. I have the upmost respect for you. For what you went through and waht you are doing now. Good luck with everything and good luck on the future recovery
Appreciate you looking. This really isn't just my project now. It's for all that have donated, helping build my car for me, and like others said....inspiration to not to stop what you love doing just because of paralysis. [race]

really like your build man. makes me wanna say eff the car i was thinking about getting and keep building the focus. also besides no one where i live has a nice focus other then me and haveblue it seems.
Thank you,

lol...follow your feeling, if you really want that car, go for it! [cool]

Mike, you are such a inspiration to a lot of us. Can't wait to see you behind the wheel of that beast again[thumb]
Anytime! Me too, it seems soooooo close!

#42 ·
[pray]....epic build. I have one question now since u are going all out. Are u making a right hand drive RS or a normal lhd? That would be awesome to have a RHD RS!!!!!!

#43 ·
RHD would be nice, but a true RS Focus would be LHD as they are all built in Germany. [:D]. It just seems easier to get parts from England.

#44 ·
Ok, so I've been watching you hoard parts for years and now you're building the car right under my nose!

Let me know when Josh and Owen are coming over next time, I'll try to come up too. I need to meet the man...and the car.

#45 ·
Ok, so I've been watching you hoard parts for years and now you're building the car right under my nose!

Let me know when Josh and Owen are coming over next time, I'll try to come up too. I need to meet the man...and the car.
Or in this case, over your head [grinking] Sept 18th they should be by to install the front end. Within the next 2 weeks (if plans are good) Jim should be by to pick up the car to start with everything else.

Im missing a few things though.

ATX ECU, CPS, & Harnesses <- Very Critical!
Fuel Injectors & FPR
Jared's 4" Exhaust
.82 Tial SS Turbo Housing

#46 ·
Speaking of hoarding parts all these years. [:D]

Turbo Stuff - Jared's Old Kit

Exhaust - Waiting on 4" Still

Drivetrain

Engine Changes

Cockpit Changes

Reactions: Jburks
#53 ·
You and me both! [woot]. Tom will have no choice but to have another FF.

Wow nice collection!
This is amazing. keep up the good work
Thanks guys [8D]

I should be available the 18th. Sundays are good for me usually.
Sounds good, I'll PM you the address, and as the guys on the time.

Holy parts hoard!
[rofl]. More stuff not pictured.

great thread. while it's definitely a concise build thread, not sure i've ever seen it so tightly put together. usually i see r&d / trial...perhaps error.
love the photos and vids are great too!
I've had the Focus for 8 years now. Just, being in the communities, I've learned about what works and what not. The major portion is done, which is the engine build. Fairly broken in now, I think it's ready for some turbo upgrades, and a few changes.

It's definitely an invasion I've had for quite a while, with only my quadriplegia creating a bump and extra expenses. Thanks to eveyone that donated, I can put forth that to the driving controls.

It might seem like I have a lot of money, when in truth these parts were being collected since 2007. Recent items, were the DGR Suspension, and a few small RS parts.

#54 ·
amazing build thread.
even more amazing inspiration.
I truly admire what you have done, went through, and what you are doing.
you=the true meaning of fanatic.

i can't wait to see this all the way done.

#66 ·
amazing build thread.
even more amazing inspiration.
I truly admire what you have done, went through, and what you are doing.
you=the true meaning of fanatic.

i can't wait to see this all the way done.
Definitely one of the nicest builds I have seen.

Beast of a ride.

Good luck with everything Rudel and I wish you the best to getting back into the ride.

-Ray-
[strongman] Thank you. Soon enough. Looking forward to FR and FF this year. Will my car finally be at a show? lol

Way to go Mike. I love looking at Focus RS interior bits!
Now only if I could feel sitting in them...haha

omg does want this car
can't wait to see if finished
Don't we all? [deviltail]

Work in progress. Rudel has many challenges to go along with finishing this project.

I hope the changes will help to accommodate you, Rudel.

-Ray-
Can't wait to see vid of You tearing up some blacktop, Mike!

Oh, and for the record, I'm pretty sure the last car I saw with a turbo this big was a mk4 Supra.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/308/1689/2576834418_large.jpg
Man...I have to practice transfering to a car and back from a wheel chair, then the practice of using only one arm/hand to hold the torque steer as I barrel down the 1/4 mile...lol

That snail is a nice GTX-3582R. Same type Jared and Stolle used in their cars.

more updates please!
How's this: When Jim's workshop floor is 100% cured, the fun will start. Next week I'd say.

I cant wait till that transmission is installed. Going to be awesome.
Yeah, Im waiting too see how much I can throw at it.

loving this build. im curious to see how you behind this thing soon!
Me too!

#55 ·
Definitely one of the nicest builds I have seen.

Beast of a ride.

Good luck with everything Rudel and I wish you the best to getting back into the ride.

-Ray-

#58 ·
Work in progress. Rudel has many challenges to go along with finishing this project.

I hope the changes will help to accommodate you, Rudel.

-Ray-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.