Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Rude's Ultimate Build....

64K views 329 replies 87 participants last post by  Rudel 
#1 · (Edited)
NEVER had a real build thread on this forum....I want to take you on a summerized history before we get down with the build....

2004-05 The Early Years:

After my tour in Iraq, I was quick to jump on this SVT. It wasn't long before I added a cold air intake. The sound of the air being sucked in was real nice. I few months later I joined FocusFanatics and Fj online communities, to learn more about my car.

One of the popular mods for the SVT was replacing the R13 relay with a jumper wire so that you did not have to turn on the head-lights when you want to use the fog-lights. Replacing the fog-light bulbs with Hoen H10s made out nice. An order all the way from France was Morette's tail lights. I didn't like the OEM lights as it messed up the roof-line flow for me...

Click on the pictures to see the larger ones.

See less See more
#218 ·
That would be great. Somewhere I went wrong trying to win ROTM since 2004. [scratch] lol

Sweet!
Will this be done for FR?
Unfortunately no. [xx(] But my toddler has the chicken-pox now too, so I wouldn't be able to go now anyways. [limp]

#224 ·
These pictures are a weeks old. It has been sitting in primer for nearly 2 weeks. We had a ton of rain early June, so the body shop filled up with wrecked car, slowing down my project.

Today, everything got painted and I just received these from my painter's phone :D I would seriously have better pics, but my mobility sucks and I cant really push the button on my real camera anymore.

#226 ·
Djzx3 :)

Next is getting the lights wired up I'm just making my rear fogs into brake lights for now. Not to mention the harness bar.

More pics I just received. The rear diffuser will be painted matte black as well.

#235 ·
Thanks guys. I almost went with the matte black like the RS500. Another idea was two tone, silver top and imperial blue bottom.

There's another Silver RS conversion happening on FJ.

#236 ·
Sooo close now [deviltail] Have a gander at my rear diffuser and upper grill in the background. :D The body shop finished up buffing the paint, and now piecing it together.

#243 ·
Not a huge update, but the harness bar is primed. Going into the focus for test fitting first, before it's painted. The WRC '99 wing is on too! The shop says they should be finished by Friday!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.