Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SaleenT's Duratec 2.0L Build

50K views 121 replies 31 participants last post by  SaleenT121 
#1 ·
I have been put in a position where i am forced to build my engine one year ahead of my plan. I had a slight mishap and sucker punched my engine destroying a few valves, head and shattering a piston...anyways, i have enlisted the help of Turbo Turtle who will handle the build up. Most of my choices came from good deals and a budget that im keeping in check. I know there many options to chose from but here is what i have so far.

Super deal on rods the cheapest ive found ...http://www.importperformanceparts.net/

See less See more
#36 ·
Update

Basically went to the dyno and maxed out the injectors!!!!
Going with 80lb cobra jet and trying again in 2 weeks, though i reached 290hp at 4K and he had to let out cause i ran lean. The boost was about 17-18 psi.

#38 ·
NICE pull. have you thought running secondaries? this way you keep like 24 or 30 for normal driving & the secondaries kick n when they hit the rpm u set the mega squirt for so like 30 all day & then 72 lbs one kick in when ready to build power

#42 ·
Dyno Update

Finally finished tuning (for now) and saw what that lil turbo can do, I will upgrade at some point in the future but for now with all thats been done im gonna ride with it. Got some video but its sucks LOL.

#45 ·
SICK!!!! i love that intake manifold. i was going to say i could try to get you some torque spec's if you wanted but i see its already assembled and installed. at least if i was reading it right you said u couldnt find torque specs for bolts. i love the Ford Blue block btw!

#48 ·
A quick rundown on my setup.... Im using a MHI TD04H that i plan on upgrading the wheel to a 19T. Mine has the 15G that you see in the 3000gt volvos and eclipses. I choose this turbo because i had not planned on building the car but wanted to get something that spooled ridiculous fast on a stock motor. Its now on 17psi and rated at 250hp which i have exceeded. The upgraded wheel is rated at 280hp which looking at the dyno should put me right at 300hp which is where i want to be.

#57 ·
Exhaust

Just thought i would update a bit, I decide to remove my Cutout setup and finally get a exhaust. Though having a Saleen car my center exhaust had to go in favor of a turn down. The Exhaust is a Trubenz 2.5.

I also decided to upgrade my turbo in the near future to a GT28RS.
I got everything ready to install but im enjoying the car so much after a long year of building that im saving something for later. Plus i really dont need to upgrade being that i already burn my friends LOL.

#60 ·
LOL, me too! It sounded beastly but since the flange is attached to the DP and im preparing for a upgrade i decided to remove it.

Sorry man it's promised to Turbo Turtle. He asked for it about a week ago.

#61 ·
should have went 3" [poke] once you get that 28rs on there and notice how chocked down it is let me know and i'll weld your turbendz 3" on there for ya

burn all your friends... do i need to get the sti out of the garage haha

sporadic if my idea with the cut out on the festiva doesnt work i'll let you know. im hooking it up to open when the bp's intake runners switch..

#68 ·
Summer Update

Finally had some time to complete my side projects. Those who came to the focus meet in Birmingham saw my unfinished Volant intake box mod for the Duratec. This is what i finally ended up doing. I also installed my moroso catch can for the valve cover.

#69 ·
I had to Relocate the cruise control box and trim the bracket so the box could sit lower. I used the hole in the front of my saleen bodykit to draw in the air with a spectre funnel and some spare 2.5in intercooler piping.

#75 ·
Yes, yes it is. Im trying to extinguish my thirst for more power but its like automotive crack! LOL. Your gonna love it when its built, and more when its turboed!

Looks awesome SaleenT121. What exhaust manifold are you using? & you went w/ a 20 cause you had one all ready? Or not?
Im using a FSWerks style log manifold, and i went with the 20 because i did not find a 23 untill i got all my parts. Then i was pissed LOL! But everything turned out great plus there are more built 23's out there so its good to be different sometime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.