Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Focus RS Build.....For the Occasional Track Day!

470K views 811 replies 179 participants last post by  04ZTSJelf 
#1 ·
Since I am finally tearing my car down after collecting RS bits since early 2009 I decided I would start the build Thread.

I will be going from here:

To Here:

See less See more
Reactions: miragesmack
#2 · (Edited)
Build Plans:

OEM RS Parts
-Focus RS Build All Exterior OEM Parts
-RS Engine
-RS Gearbox
-RS Suspension
-RS Gauges

Non OEM
-Team Dynamics Pro 1.2 Anthracite 18x8
-Sachs RS OEM Shocks with Vogtland Springs (Will eventually be running GAZ Coilover Setup)
-Eibach Swaybars
-Full Prothane Kit
-Autopower roll bar
-Hella Mach HID
-Carbon Fiber Hood Painted
-FIA Approved Seats (OMP WRC, Sparco Corsa, Cobra Suzka Pro)
-Airbag Delete and OMP Superquadro wheel
-Shortened Borla Exhaust
-Carbon Front Lip

#5 ·
As far as RS parts go everything but:
-rear quarter mouldings
-Brand New RS Grill (have a perfect rs collection grill and an oem rs grill in need of repair)
-RS Center Console if I decide to use it.

I might be forgetting a small piece or two but for the most part I have everything.

This Project will be completed, I thought long and hard about the late 80's vintage 911 I could have by the time this thing is done. But if I don't build one now chances are the opportunity to own one will be gone.

#4 ·
Door Cards

Instead of importing the RS door cards I decided to build them.

Stencil

Clamp to hold foam tight for even expansion

Glued and Pinned

Fitted

#7 ·
man, if you want to focus RS turbo, i have most of the parts, i have been(like you) getting RS bits for the past 3 years, manly turbo and some other parts, i also have the brembo RS calipers. Pm for some pictures or some info if you are interested.

#8 ·
Vary nice. I cant wait to see the end product.

#9 ·
#22 ·
If you haven't sourced your parts for this build yet it will be almost impossible to complete or you better have a lot of money. Part are mainly sourced from the U.K. with some parts coming from the USA and Germany.

what did you use for the door panels? i want to do that this spring!

I used a thin fiber board which I found at menards, I ordered some suede in from hungary, found some foam for the padding and lots of epoxy! I helped someone else on here who I now believe has a sticky in the how to section.

Are you doing the bodywork or fitting a look alike body kit?

All OEM Exterior (all metal panels)

Any projected time for completion?

-I want the body completed and in for paint by May at the latest
-I want the engine and running gear in and dyno'd by July
-If all goes well its First Trackday will be in October after the couple month break-in

I might be done before these dates but only time will tell.

#23 ·
My only update is from this weekend Dropped both front and rear subframes. Ran into a problem with the front subframe as I didn't have the tool for the quick spring coupling on the power steering. I will be running to autozone for that tonight.

Next:
-finish dropping front subframe
-Finish pulling all heat shields
-Cut out Front bumper

#26 ·
^ Thanks, and you said it perfectly. Unless you began this project a couple of years ago (and had a bidding war against all the UK and US buyers) it will be almost impossible to complete.

Nzwinrz has been a great resource and he has completed a fantastic build which still has more to come! If I ever have questions he's always there to help.[thumb]

#28 ·
Update from the weekend:
-Removed front lower subframe
-Removed radiator
-cut out front bumper

I think I will be able to mount the euro front bumper onto the stock plates but room will be tight
I also noticed the two plates are not mounted symetrical to each other (notice the angle on this one where the other is flush)

I also found some extra wiring work as the previous owner thought is was a good idea to wire strobes and other electronics into the ignition and oil pump harness.[?|]

Next:
-pulling engine and everything else from engine bay
-finish removing heat shields
-remove rear windows

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.