Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Focus RS Build.....For the Occasional Track Day!

470K views 811 replies 179 participants last post by  04ZTSJelf 
#1 ·
Since I am finally tearing my car down after collecting RS bits since early 2009 I decided I would start the build Thread.

I will be going from here:

To Here:

See less See more
Reactions: miragesmack
#134 ·
I'm not planning on using any airbags so the rs wheel would be useless

Also unless you get a reworked rs wheel that was redone in suede or new leather they only last about a year due to color bleed.

#136 ·
I would never paint a steering wheel, RS wheels are not hard to get a hold of at all. In fact Germany sells refurbished ones in both suede and leather.

#137 ·
Finished Welding up the Front, Fitment looks good:

Finally nothing is holding it up but the bolts!

Started Welding up the rear. I have to trim a couple of the bolts and then clean up the threads but the fitment looks good.

#138 ·
The work is looking great, but this caught my eye, you're going to be to high if the foam is to be installed, and if not trial fit bumper to see if supported correctly.

Take a good look at the difference here, I believe you are a little high. Look where the outer edge of the crash bar come just above the 45deg angle inward bottom edge

#139 ·
Your right, it does look a bit high. I'm not planning on using the standard crash foam but I will make sure to do a test fit soon to make sure it will fit. Thanks!

#142 ·
Checked to make sure the bumper fit with where I had my crash bar placed and it fits great. I will be creating some minimal crash foam from my previous bumper foam so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Had to trim a bit from the exhaust hole and bottom of the chassis as well, I will take more pics of that later.

#147 ·
Yea, there is welding to do on the interior and I really don't want paint on those parts. I need to decide whether I want to paint the cage anthracite to match the wheels or satin black. I'm leaning towards satin black right now but who knows, it might change.[8D]

#153 ·
Placed car on Rotisserie last night: ...
LOL ... that's funny. Roasting the Focus.

Looks the build is coming along nicely. Good luck with the rest of the build and look forward to seeing the finished product.

-Ray-

#151 ·
I will be laying down some anti-chip, then I will prime it and I think I will be painting it with a dark charcoal metalic single stage as we have a gallon of it laying around from my brothers wheels.

The car shouldn't see much weather besides occasional rain on roadtrips.

#154 ·
thielt1,
Looking like you got it all in order. Have any trouble getting it set up(Rotisserie) Looks like the front's too high and the back low, have you tried a 360 maneuver? Probably not since you haven't emptied the body yet

Regards
Nz

If you don't mind let me insert these to compare

I think I had the next size smaller pipe stuck through the rear frame pipe to go deeper. Now that I see it assembled, I remember taking them out long
before I shipped to you. If you have stability issues you might take some 12-18 sections and run them inside the tubes and tack to hold

#156 ·
NZ:

Everything went together great and it looks very stable, I believe the center section I bought was 18 or 20 gauge and it almost hits both sides even though the bolts look farther forward.

Its lowered right now to be able to move it as we will be in the process of tearing down the shop this next weekend.

what I get done over the next three weeks is going to depend on how far the shop is.

#157 ·
Parts arrival:

-Brand new RS Pedal Set
-Change Pocket for Center console
-Blank Build Number
-Goodridge Stainless rear brake lines (Front goodridge lines came with my brembos)
-black inner door moulding plastic (only on RS model)
-New leather RS ebrake boot
-euro temperature surround
-air deflectors
-door handles in case I decide to go with carbon door cards down the road
-RS bumper to Fender brackets

#158 ·
On a side note our shop is finally down after 5 straight days of work in blistering heat. New Shop will be started on Monday and hopefully is done in arround 2 weeks.

#164 ·
You just need to locate someone willing to ship.

Looking awesome. Never seen a rotisserie for a car b4. Wish I had my car 3-4 years ago so I could started something like this. He'll I'd just like to at least have an RS looking exterior, front bumper and flares(if S2 makes them). Of course need to locate bumper(Capaldi???). Then how to extend front wheels flush w/o using wheel spacers up front?
I always thought a dirt brown RS would look cool

#160 ·
Looking awesome. Never seen a rotisserie for a car b4. Wish I had my car 3-4 years ago so I could started something like this. He'll I'd just like to at least have an RS looking exterior, front bumper and flares(if S2 makes them). Of course need to locate bumper(Capaldi???). Then how to extend front wheels flush w/o using wheel spacers up front?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.