Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2008-2011 Picture Thread!!

2M views 9K replies 317 participants last post by  bwiren13 
#1 ·
Didn't see one of these yet. I just bought mine but havn't actually taken delivery of it yet. It is a 2011 SES 4door in Blue Flame Metallic with the lighter interior. I'll be sure to update my post with pictures when I get it. When you post put your mods before your first picture so we know what you have done. Look forward to seeing everyone's car's and am really looking forward to actually getting my car!!

#8,722 ·
Yes that is definitely the wrong size tire for that wheel.

205/45R17 = 24.2" total diameter
215/45R17 = 24.6" total diameter
225/45R17 = 24.9" total diameter (too large)
225/40R17 = 24.0" total diameter (too small)
235/40R17 = 24.4" total diameter, though I do not believe 235 width tires will fit this gen Focus.

You are currently running the smallest acceptable diameter for this car. (The smallest OE tire size is 195/60R15)

You would be better off with a 215/45R17 tire for those wheels. Stretching the 205 width tire on an 8" rim makes your fender gap appear more dramatic than it really is. You are also risking damage to your wheels if you were to hit a pothole or curb. Also, since you take your car to the drag strip, you want a wider contact patch and increased sidewall flex to achieve greater traction off the line.

As for your suspension, if it hasn't settled by now, it may be worth checking for installation issues.
If you have the FRPP suspension installed and your car is not sitting the same as mine:

You may have a problem somewhere.

#8,723 ·
Here is the best picture I have of the way it sits. Just a touch nose high, sometimes is appears worse, but this is flat ground.

I don't believe my tires are too small. My cars stock tire size is 205/50R16 which is 24.1x8.1 and 205/45/17 is 24.3x8.1. It is actually bigger.

Let me know your thoughts, it is appreciated.

Attachments

#8,727 ·
Lower poly mount is really nothing to sweat about. I had full on racing mounts on my '07 Civic Si and THAT I will agree was really obnoxious for daily driving (pic below).

#8,733 ·
Did you paint those eaps gold? If so I'm just curious what you used. Looks good. When we finish our house buying process in the next couple of months I'm going to repaint my wheels again as well as give my focus the tlc I haven't had time to do in a long time.

#8,740 ·
It's been a while since I have been on the forum. Still get notifications on the picture thread and been lurking lately. Glad to see some new people and new things people have done to their rides. Nothing new from me besides went back to stock headlights. I upgraded to the SilverStar bulbs to get the same amount throw and brightness as the projectors. These actually provide more throw and brightness than the projectors did. Also upgraded the sidemmarker bulbs for brighter ones.

#8,741 ·
Now I gotta buy tires.

[/IMG]

#8,751 ·
Yeah I still have the focus. Hard to sell while in college. I'm waiting for the summer to sell again while I save money for my next car. I was skeptical on getting the silverstars because I heard mixed reviews, but IMO they're far better than stock and the highbeams are great. I travel on a lot of dark back roads and can see very far ahead of me.

With highbeams. Picture does not do much justice though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.