Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Richbrook Brake & Bezel Bling-i-fi-cation

9K views 54 replies 20 participants last post by  chadman86 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey. You may or may not have seen my painted-dash thread from almost two years back (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139808&highlight=tacky), but I took things further a few months ago and finally got around to uploading some pics...

Additions:

(1) Euro Focus ST220 shift knob;
(2) Richbrook Ford-licensed ebrake handle (thanks, Waffles!);
(3) Richbrook chrome (nasty!) gear-shift surround, which I had powdercoated CD Silverish, but with heavier flake to make it "pop" from down on the center console.

http://www.richbrook.co.uk/

Next step will probably be two-tone Redline boots (similar to CaysE's, but with blue instead of red, of course); but now that Redline changed its 'Violety Blue' from an almost perfect SVT blue-tweed match, to something much lighter and not even close, my enthusiasm has waned (but I'll probably go with their 'Dark Blue'). One of these days, maybe.

I will say that pics don't do it justice at all - I'm always shocked when I approach the car and/or get in by how much better it looks in person. (And the Richbrook handle feels like sex. Kind of.)

Anyway, enjoy (sorry I didn't vacuum the car first or pull the crap out of the door pockets - wasn't really going for glamour shots).

Project-progress pics to follow later...

See less See more
#39 ·
^^ Courtesy of a Rug Doctor carpet cleaner (with optional upholstery attachment, of course) rented from a local Giant supermarket.

#41 ·
Which "won't fit"? The backordered one or the stubby one?

And, if it's the backordered one, did they give any indication of whether they know if it'll ever be available again?

Reactions: Master-Baits
#42 ·
Allright, gentlemen, if you're serious about wanting a bezel or e-brake handle like mine, here's your chance:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204359

15% off Richbrook parts for Focus Fanatics!!!

#45 ·

Got mine installed, it's not the Richbrook though, I think it's a knock-off, fits great however. I definetly need to get it painted though, for one it doesn't match anything in my interior and two, on my way to work yesterday, the sun was reflecting off of it blinding me the whole way lol.

I need to get an SVT ebrake handle now! and new boots, mine are already shot.

#47 ·
Got mine installed, it's not the Richbrook though, I think it's a knock-off, fits great however. I definetly need to get it painted though, for one it doesn't match anything in my interior and two, on my way to work yesterday, the sun was reflecting off of it blinding me the whole way lol.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... a knock-off. Explains the great price. Oh well, as long as it's nice.

And, yeah, I know what you mean about the blinding from the chrome. I drove around with it for a day when it first arrived to see if I liked the reality of the bezel or not (knowing that I'd later remove or cover the chrome).

#48 ·
Hell yeah. Too bad, however, that the blue is MKI RS-interior blue...

(Then again, maybe I could sell it at a premium to an RS owner!)

#49 ·
i got my shift knob in today liek yours, and incidentally my ford racing sts arrived like 10 minutes after.... god what a difference. Going back to the stock knob would be like grabbing a fi[:)][:)][:)][:)]l of rusty razor blades

#51 ·
^^ Um, after seeing Brüno last night, I'd rather not guess...

Let's see some pics of that knob mated to your STS! (And, hey, you received that knob pretty quick.)

#53 ·
^^ Yeah. I love the Ali G show (and its Bruno episodes), as well as Borat, but Baron Cohen seems to be running out of ideas. Bruno the movie was a major disappointment (although I did laugh like a hyena for the first ten or fifteen minutes. After that: sucked.

#54 ·
So I just ordered a new bezel and handle from Richbrook, to take advantage of their 15% off deal. The handle's for backup, but I want to powdercoat the bezel to match my shift knob, not my dash (something I went back and forth on before ordering the silver flake). I could just have the current one re-done, but I might not like it as much - so it makes sense to just try another and be able to do a real side-by-side comparison.

So I'll have ONE of these powdercoated bezels for sale here eventually - whichever one I like less...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.