Focus Fanatics Forum banner

If i pull the fuse will the engine light go out?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  BowerR64 
#1 ·
Today i put in my wideband sensor to the bottom bung (the third one)

I wired the module (innovate LC-1) into the fuse box under the hood for power but when i drove it i notice its not reading quite right. I may need to replace the sensor or rewire it to a different power source.

When i look in the manual i see a fuse for "HEGO sensors" it says (Heated exhaust gas oxygen) what if i pull that fuse? is that for all the sensors maybe?

Im sure its not that easy but it never hurts to ask.[???:)]

See less See more
#4 ·
yeah I thought of that after I posted and left the thread. well.... hook up a cheater to it or something just so it's hooked up. may not even need to do that. I (sadly) had an 02 sensor wrapped around a harness for a few days so I could still drive the car and didn't get a light [hihi]

#5 · (Edited)
This should stop the CEL until you get a tune . I did it after I installed my header and not once did I get the CEL until I put my Wideband in and then I got a tune update and now no more CEL .

But this should do the trick for you , I know you don't have a header but it would be worth a try .

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161467

#6 ·
I dont understand.

The wideband comes with its own 02 sensor, i used the #3 bung and took out the stock 02 in the #3 location and just unplugged it. Thats why its throwing the CEL because its reading nothing at that location.

I need to try and trick it with the LC-1 it has an analog out with a selectable voltage output to trick the ECU into thinking its there but i wanted to ask about that fuse first. I knew it wasnt that easy but thought ide ask.

I need to find out what lead the stock 02 uses and tap into it. I believe its +12, -12 (for the heater) and signal + and signal ground to the ECU

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.