Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Will my car still run alright?

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  aheroicrevolt 
#1 ·
Currently i have no EGR. i deleted it and got a tune for the deleted EGR last year.
I am now putting my EGR back on. Will my car still run alright without another tune? I thought all the tune did was tell the ECU not to throw a code because of it. but i could be wrong.

#3 ·
ohhhh
i was actually incorrect then. See i didnt think you could tune a computer to "delete" a program. I thought you could just tell the computer to "go on without it" and not throw a code.
So even when i put it back on, it will be non operational until i retune it?

#4 ·
from my understanding it blocks codes and the computer cant control the EGR actuator thingy under the DPFE. and yes non operational untill retune, if you have an older tune that doesnt have the egr delete you could use that, or stock till you get a retune if you need it working ASAP.

#7 ·
yeah Tom i know that. Your a busy guy! I just have 1 day off this week and need to do it that day whether i have my tune by then or not; you know?
I look forward to your update. Have fun with your...other stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.