Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SCT Datalogging issues PLEASE POST

62K views 150 replies 36 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 ·
This IS NOT a thread ment to bash SCT and I wont allow it

I ask if you are having or had issues datalogging with the SCT xcal that you post here with the problems

I am then going to use this to send to SCT to try to get these issues fixed

I am 100% positive that it is a software issues because the old Raptor works perfectly on the cars that wont datalog properly and so does the Diablo Predator

Please post your probelms

Tom

#2 ·
If you are going to do this please everyone, post ALL OF THE NECESSARY INFO so that we can look into the issues. Meaning:

What device are you using
Year/make/model and strategy of vehicle you are logging
What is the firmware revision on it
What version of livelink are you using
What operating system is on your computer

I will say that a new version of livelink is being released within the next 2 days that addresses MANY issues stability wise with the software and adds some new features. Problems with the SVT have not been addressed but I already have them looking into the issue.

#3 ·
I have beta tested the new version and it did not help with the SVT loggind issues like you stated

What device are you using (x2 some ,x3 all have issues )
Year/make/model and strategy of vehicle you are logging ( does not seem to matter what the strategy of the Focus is even tryed the new XNG0 )
What is the firmware revision on it (tryed them all back to 4.1? and the new BETA)
What version of livelink are you using ( They all have this issues going back about 1 year maybe 1.5 )
What operating system is on your computer ( For me XP)

I have sent in about 50 requests and about as many datalogs showing many issues

Tom

#4 ·
having major issues as well.

Car: 2003 Focus SVT
Device: Xcal2
Firmware: 1.14
Software version: 5.1 Rev.0
Strat: Unknown Xcal won't read it.
PS OS: Windows 7 on both PC and datalogger netbook

#5 · (Edited)
Locking up/pausing.
The updater program not recognizing my device when I try to save a tune file.
The updater adding extra selections that I didnt pick to moniter during dataloging (example; I pick 11, hit ok and 12 comes up on the datalog screen)
Upper case STFT1 does not work

Car: 2003 Focus SVT
Device: SF3
Software version: 5.1 Rev.0 and 6.0.17

#7 · (Edited)
I have i pretty simple issue...

knock retard and maximum knock retard both show up as maximum knock retard in the DMR list for my strategy. Its a pain to have to datalog both all the time since it switches between which is which.

02 ford focus SBAF6 / NFC1
xcal2 v1.14
livelink 3, 4.30, 5.1.0
windows xp

#9 ·
I figured out the "updater not recognizing my device" part, I have to close out the Livelink program then open updater and load a tune. No biggie there.

The updater adding extra selections was wrong on my part, its the Livelink that does that. And its usually always the same one in the "fuel" section. I always select "fuel pressure drop across injectors" and it always adds in I think "fuel rail PSI", cant get into it right now to look cause Im not hooked up to my car.

Can you look at the datalogging wideband thread? I left a post on there last night when I was trying to calibrate my AEM to the LL. Wasnt working for me at all, just needed some help with it. Thanks

#17 ·
I've seen timing recorded like that as well.... its was on a Zetec instead of an SVT.

#19 ·
I am also having the same issues. SF3 and livelink, freezes and stops the log. Spark spikes at random. And my newest issue is my new laptop runs windows 7 with 64 bit. SCT doesnt supprt windows 7 or 64 bit systems. So i cant load livelink on my laptop, which is a major setback for tuning.

#25 ·
I was correcting myself. i tryed logging tonight, and had a few issues. i am using livelink 6.1 with my SVTF. If I understand right SHFT or SHFT0 should be bank 1. But nothing reads on those selections. i also had some freeze ups, which i cant tell if its my car or livelink. My IC goes dead at random sometimes, and i dont know why yet.

#26 ·
What device are you using: XCal3
Year/make/model and strategy of vehicle you are logging: 2003 Focus ZTS with Tom's F/I Tune
Device Updater: 2.3
What is the firmware revision on it: Just downloaded 1.2.118-3000
What version of Livelink are you using: Just downloaded version 6.1
What operating system is on your computer: Windows 7

Somewhere along the process of updating my SCT device updater, firmware, and Livelink, my handheld went completely blank. It’s lit up, almost like it’s in “Firmware Mode,” but it’s otherwise blank. When I try to do anything with it through any of the programs, I get a “Failed to Write” or “USB Device Not Recognized” error. I think it’s a driver issue but I can’t seem to fix it manually.

Per the directions, I returned vehicle to stock so as to do the updating. I don’t want to drive the car with the stock tune, though, given my F/I. And Tom’s asked me to send him a datalog because of some other issues I’m having. So, I need some help.

Anyone got any ideas?

#29 ·
What device are you using: XCal2
Year/make/model and strategy of vehicle you are logging: 2004 ZX3
Device Updater: not exactly sure
What is the firmware revision on it: 1.14
What version of Livelink are you using: Just downloaded version 6.1
What operating system is on your computer: Windows 7

When i try to datalog the device doesnt recognize my ECU

#34 ·
Unfortunately as I stated in my first post, this version does not fix the issues with the SVT. It fixes a lot of overall stability problems and adds many things but does not address the SVT.

The issue is already being looked at and should be in the next release.

#36 ·
I just began using LiveLink 6.1. The interface is great and the datalogging is easier and faster than ever.

One issue: When I hit the "Start Data Logging" button (and during the data log itself) some of my gauges act goofy. In particular, my speedometer and engine temp gauges move randomly and I get an occasional (but brief) CEL.

Any ideas?

#41 ·
it is because I havnt even got to use it yet... Im still waiting for my J&S to come in the mail THEN tom and I can go back to tuning. So im hopeing this will happen really soon and I hope the older version does well.

#42 ·
data logging has never worked for me, i consistently get initialization errors, tried it on two different laptops (PC & Mac) unplugged and plugged in all different ways. besides that i cant even get my xcal2 to work 60% of the time, period.

#47 ·
Your PC is not communicating with your SF3. Check in device manager to be sure the device shows up there under jungo.

If it doesn't show up, something happened with the driver...which doesn't just "happen" unless something else caused an issue. Did you install a new program or something?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.