Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What are these connectors for?

956 views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  zombiedraken 
#1 ·
Hey everyone.

Have a couple of questions related to the SVT Focus wiring harness connectors. I have tried to look up information regarding this, but could not find anything specific.

My first question is about the large, flat, dark gray connector with the red interface coming from the engine bay fuse box and branching off from the same wiring as the Brown and Gray super plugs for the dash harness connection. It is the only other giant plug on the engine bay harness. I was told it is PCM, but it does not seem to hook up to the PCM, nor does it have the bolt for that purpose. It is not wide enough for the PCM, and it appears to be a blade connector type. It also isn't long enough to reach into the interior, so whatever it hooks to is close to the engine bay fuse box. Could not get a picture of it, but if I do, I will also post it. I also have the PCM harness and that has the correct connector, so I know for a fact that this is not the PCM connector.

#11 ·
Anyone on the other connectors? Im not using the Gertrag in my vehicle due to the expense of implementing a cable shifter and making the rear mount, and axles. Im using the 5-speed from the ZX2, and there are but three connections on that trans. Speed Sensor, Neutral Safety Switch, and Reverse Lights Switch. Still unsure on those dash connections.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.