Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Whose car is this???

3K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  skeets 
#1 ·
I must know how he made that grille...

See less See more
#2 ·
He just cut out a stock grille, then he got a spare lower grille and cut it to the shape. This same car and question pops up time to time. I think it would look even better in a Euro facelift grille, and easier to make as well.

Someone else tried to do it and cut it with a Dremel. He had big gaps, a hot knife would make more precise cuts than a cutting wheel I think.

#6 ·
I would advise not bothering and just putting the Euro grill on as is. Sure it's nice having matching upper and lower grills, but the difference is so small that IMO it's more work than it's worth for what most people wont even notice. Just my opinion, though, and I respect those who put the work into it.

#7 ·
I just got my euro grille today and upon closer inspection, butchering it would be a ton more work than butchering the SVT grille, due to the fact that the attachment points are molded into the euro grille itself rather than the frame around it.

also i am well aware that it's far more trouble than it's worth, but that has never really bothered me, considering 99% of the stuff we do to our cars no one will notice lol

#9 ·
I think the guy said he put in 4-5 hours a day for 12 days to make that grill.

I painted my Euro grille to make a faux ST170 version. I just got done refinishing it to match the color that I panted the headlights. I even smoothed out the frame this time, filler primer makes that task much easier. Didn't take 48-60 hours either, lol.

Most of my car is something most wont notice or can't quite put their finger on. If the average Joe notices something that you did to your car then you doing it all wrong!

#11 ·
IDK lol, but the corner lights look like a pain to cut out, smooth, and look good, a lot of sanding I bet. Which is why I said the Euro grille might be easier. Still shouldn't take that long though.

It might be quicker to start with a '98 Euro because it's the American version without lights.

I wish Ford put clear lenses in the SVT then no one would be in a frenzy to swap grilles. Or made an EAP version without lights because they're redundant with Machs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.