Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What did you do to your SVTF today?

34K views 383 replies 97 participants last post by  jw7991 
#1 ·
I saw this on a completely unrelated forum I belong to and thought I'd see if it catches on here like it did there.

#278 ·
as roger mention I'm in london-england so headlamp washers with xenon headlamps were standard on my model

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

couple of pics I took this morning in my buddys drive

#291 ·
Installed a brand new set of michelin pilot super sports 225/45zR17 and serp belt ;)

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
These are AWESOME tires… I have a set on my ESM wheels, and this weekend I'm picking up a set to put on my EAP SVT wheels next. They're fantastic in the wet and in the dry, you won't find a better set for the money! Don't skimp out on tires when it comes to a drivers/handling car.

#283 ·
^^^I've got Conti 225's on mine. [headbang]

Been thinking about some 5MM spacers to add a little more clearance on the inside.

Noticed a little rub on the brake lines and the liner when I carved up the cloverleaf getting on the freeway lol. Smelled some rubber/plastic too.

#284 ·
Today after 10 months of work, a whole summer of daily driving, 2 car shows, and oddly enough exactly 138K...

She has been officially retired for the Winter. The blue ZTS will be my daily now.

Attachments

#286 ·
Snagged a full year 2000 rear subframe rust free for $70 off craigslist! Score! Tore it down, cleaned her up and will be building it up as a proper rear end for my SVTF which originally cane from Illinois which means it's current rear end is rusted... Even worse than my last focus which spent 12 years in alaska. I'll call this project cure cancer.
this hardware looks impeccable!!! And to think i already bought a full set from ford thinking i was gonna be breaking every single bolt tearing my current one out of my car... Those all cost more than this subframe. And finally cleaning up the core peices i'll be using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#294 ·
Well its been sitting for two years so It needs a lot of new parts to make it road worthy again.

In the past two days: Timing belt, pulleys and tensioner, plugs (denso special order) and wires, valve cover gasket, cv axles, all new rotors and pads, new rear calipers, radiator flush, oil change, transmission fluid change, new hood and fenders, prepping front bumper for a coat of paint.

#301 · (Edited)
Replaced the upper radiator hose, the serpentine belt, belt tensioner, both O2 sensors, new shift nob, and a little DIY fab work to fix the front upper grill that broke when my belt tensioner disintegrated and took the serpentine with it!

Next in line, lower radiator hose, new headlights, and TB!!!! TOMS TUNE is the end game

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.