Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Europarts headlights

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Sniper Focus 
#1 ·
Anybody running the European Carparts head lights, wondering if they are worth the $360ish with exchange rate. I know H7s are bright i have em in some Hella dot projector driving lights on my motorcycle ,my svt is a 02 so no machs here,so its a choice of oem replacements from Rockauto, these Euro lights or Ebay specials , although i do like the styles of some of the Ebay ones just not heard too many good reviews,please chime in if you have them or a freind has them , would like to hear how they are in regards to light output and build quality, Thanks

#5 ·
Those are known as ST170(euro version of the SVT)headlights and left hand drive to boot!. At $320.00 ish new a pair before shipping, that's a good deal. But do not be surprised if shipping is gonna be around $200.00 or so. But, it's a pretty good deal none the less.

#6 ·
Link does not work for me. if the lights are chrome they are not ST170 lights. If they are grey, they are ST170 lights.

#10 ·
I'll just point out that the Machs and ST-170s both use the same plugs so you'll need to rewire your car regardless of which you choose. However, you can make or buy conversion plugs which can make this swap pretty painless.

As for the lights themselves, I own both sets. I use the Machs for winter use since they have such good light output and the ST-170s for summer since they look so good. The main downside of the St-170's is that they have halogen housing so it is strongly recommended that you don't run HID. However, I have retrofitted my ST-170s with projectors so I can convert them to HID in the future and just in general have better light output.

#11 · (Edited)
02 svt where can you get the new ends for the headlight harness`s and do have pics of your retro fit 170s .
I could kick myself because i was back home ( notts uk ) in sept and there was euro parts real close by where i lived, even though they`re chrome or grey (would prefer the black ones) i could have saved a bunch on shipping, oh well guess you gotta research live n learn

#12 ·
I think Ford sold or might even still sell conversion harnesses. Try Tousley Ford on this sight to see if they still have any. Other members have also made them and sold them; you could try posting a Want To Buy thread and get one that way

If you can't find one already made or want to save some dough, you can make one using the plugs from inside your old headlights plus a VW headlight plug. I can get you more details on making your own if you can't find a premade harness.

Here are mine after the retrofit. The highbeams were already yellowed out when I bought them but I do like them like that; it does hurt the light output, though. The lenses were also really bad so after some restoration I put on tinted Leminx. The projectors were a cheap grab from a salvage yard so they are just lowly projectors from a Hyundai Tiburon from the early 2000. You can do much better than I did with light output but this set was only for summer use so I was going more for looks than function.

#16 ·
Extreme Demensions has one listed for $400 and I've seen other good ones for $600 or so for OEM replacement hoods (no scoops or gills). I bought mine used so I got it for less than that but it also needed work done to it due to the all to common deteriorated clear coat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.