Focus Fanatics Forum banner

ever seen a saleen svt focus??

9K views 63 replies 31 participants last post by  WitchCitySVT 
#1 ·
has anyone ever seen a saleen svt focus? this was supposed to be available from saleen, for special order. I was just wondering if anyone has ever seen one. The cost was about $30k. if there are any they would have to be extremely rare.

#4 ·
I am afraid it is not just a body kit. You must have it confused with the Roush. First, anyone that knows saleen understands the suspension is one of the best in the world. Second, the svt does not come with cold air induction, and of course NOS. Third, I really find my MOMO seats extremely comfortable. Fourth, the body kit makes it stand out a lot more than the svt, which looks like a regular focus from a distance. Lastly, yes it says Saleen on the front window.

#6 ·
I still wouldnt spend all the extra money for:
1) The saleen suspension, because there ARE others out there who have better ones
2) COld Air induction only gives you like 4 whp and i got that for $260 plus the saleen comes with nitrous hookups and if you run nitrous the warranty is void
3) Seats are comfy but you can buy em and install em for alot less than the saleen
4) IMO the saleen wing looks ghey and the body kit is not in my taste at all.

Mayber for the extra thousands of dollars they should have actually made the car faster instead of just making it look nice and putting Saleen on everything. Not that i am ripping on your car its just i would rather spend money on performance over body kits and seats.

#8 ·
Hey, I think in the end if whatever rocks your boat.If you have the money and dont want to fuzz with doing all the mods yourself, hey the saleen is a cool way to go.Besides is limited edition. However,if you rather do the work (for economic or bragging rights reason) hey more power to you......But here is my point........

Focus rulez[headbang]

#9 ·
The thing is tho....there are really no great "mods" to it. I mean ITs a nitrous kit without a bottle that under warranty you cant use, a big body kit, seats, an intake and center exhaust to tons o money. I mean even if "YOU" dont do the work and pay to get em done, you can have a nicer car than that one for less. And as far as limited edition goes. There are millions of so called limited edition things in the world. The only ones worth the extra cash are the ones that are that much better than a original. And imo this is not a great l.e. item.

#10 · (Edited)
Nitrous without a bottle?

All it's missing to be "hooked up" is relays and switches, ~$30

Atleast get your facts straight man, check out my site and tell me it didn't come with a bottle.

And limited edition does hold its value more. Depending on how many "limited were made"

Not like "Number 1126 of 8000". To me that's not very limited.

Now, the Saleen rep told me only 90 N2O's were made. That seems a little low so I plan on calling Saleen today. I'll let you know.

And to Egz and BONOMAN. - As far as "doing the work yourself" I totally agree with you. But I believe that only applies to people with a Saleen/other fixed up models if they plan on not doing anything. There are tons and tons more things to do to the car. We just got to fast forward a little bit.

#12 ·
paxtonpayne1 said:
has anyone ever seen a saleen svt focus? this was supposed to be available from saleen, for special order. I was just wondering if anyone has ever seen one. The cost was about $30k. if there are any they would have to be extremely rare.
They must have decided not to do it...cuz it would be listed on www.saleen.com if they did

#13 ·
I personaly have never seen the n20 in anything but a magazine ive seen lots of kids with zx3's runnin around with steeda body kits. i dont even think ive seen a saleen sticker on a focus let alone the body kit. O well... who need warranties anyways crack that bottle open woot .

#15 · (Edited)
pharcyde253 said:
I think the saleen is overpriced. For that money, I'd want a stock svt with better body kit, no ugly wing, volant intake, and the eibach suspension for way under that cost.
I agree with your opinion about "overpriced". But really that depends on the BUYER. Some people think paying extra for a name is stupid. I understand that position. But for some of us buying a name is very important. The same reason some people would never drive a ford, or never drive a chevy. It's all about the "NAME".

As far as the wing..I believe it to be one of those, like it or hate it things. Personally I think it fits the kit very well.

Edit: What do you include in eibach suspension?

N2O comes with :
Front - MacPherson and lower A-Arm with Saleen Racecraft system, including N2 struts, coil springs, 1.25-in stabilizer (anti-roll) bar with urethane pivot bushings, specially calibrated suspension settings and strut tower brace

Rear - Control Blade multilink independent with Saleen Racecraft System, including Saleen N2 Racecraft shocks, coil spings, 0.98-in stabilizer (anti-roll) bar with urethane pivot bushings

Not to mention the 17x7 wheels, and pirelli rubber

And ofcourse the bodykit, NOS..seats...painted interior peices, shift knob, pedals, floormats, car care kit, etc

#16 ·
04svtfoci said:
I personaly have never seen the n20 in anything but a magazine ive seen lots of kids with zx3's runnin around with steeda body kits. i dont even think ive seen a saleen sticker on a focus let alone the body kit. O well... who need warranties anyways crack that bottle open woot .
I hear ya! Unfortunately its a month or 2 from winter here. So I figured I wouldn't get much use outa the NOS anyway. So i'm putting some miles on it first. (not driving the car in winter either)

But come spring....The "instant make happy" button will actually work :)

#17 ·
That was a lot of money to drop on a Focus. I like that it was an 04' hatch with the 2.3L in it but I wasn't into the interior styling, brakes, and exhaust. My dealer had two so I went over them pretty good. They cost a good amount more than the maxed out ZX5 SVT with EAP but still offer less. I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder on this one.

#19 ·
cgrant said:

N2O comes with :
Front - MacPherson and lower A-Arm with Saleen Racecraft system, including N2 struts, coil springs, 1.25-in stabilizer (anti-roll) bar with urethane pivot bushings, specially calibrated suspension settings and strut tower brace

Rear - Control Blade multilink independent with Saleen Racecraft System, including Saleen N2 Racecraft shocks, coil spings, 0.98-in stabilizer (anti-roll) bar with urethane pivot bushings
Translation: Stock suspension parts with different shocks, springs, swaybars, and bushings.

Not to mention, without knowing their spring rates, their swaybar sizes are just plain wacky. 31mm up front, 25mm in the rear? Sounds like understeer to me. Unless they have like 400# springs in the back, and 150# springs up front.

For about 1200 bucks, you can have a superior suspension setup (in my opinion), using Gaz coilovers, with adjustible dampers, rear H&R sway bar, front Addco sway bar, and Prothane bushings.

#20 ·
seen it in person at a local dealer who can't get rid of 'em! body kit is not tickling my fancy, esp. because the fit of the front bumper around the grille is horrible.

also can't believe they set it all up for NO2 but voids the warranty if you hook it up and use it. talk about standing behind your product.

Mike

#21 ·
whiteboyslo said:
seen it in person at a local dealer who can't get rid of 'em! body kit is not tickling my fancy, esp. because the fit of the front bumper around the grille is horrible.

also can't believe they set it all up for NO2 but voids the warranty if you hook it up and use it. talk about standing behind your product.

Mike
That has nothing to do with standing behind your product. It has to do with not trusting people...I wouldn't freaking trust someone...Ford doesn't warranty Ford Racing parts either.

#22 ·
Egz said:
Translation: Stock suspension parts with different shocks, springs, swaybars, and bushings.

Not to mention, without knowing their spring rates, their swaybar sizes are just plain wacky. 31mm up front, 25mm in the rear? Sounds like understeer to me. Unless they have like 400# springs in the back, and 150# springs up front.

For about 1200 bucks, you can have a superior suspension setup (in my opinion), using Gaz coilovers, with adjustible dampers, rear H&R sway bar, front Addco sway bar, and Prothane bushings.
You forgot struts

And you're right, saleen has no idea what they are doing

#23 ·
i should have figured that this would make some major debate. I have been busy @ work today and have not been able to debate on this subject.

first. I found out there are no svt saleens available. they were going to make them, but it never got finalized.

second. it is roughly a $8,000 package (i believe, approx.) I know if someone bought the body kit, the FULL suspension system, exhaust, the interior upgrades, the nos, the wheels, cold air, and etc. installed by team saleen, and not by Joe Bob's Import's this would probably be a fair number.

Oh, by the way I am now looking into a turbo charger along with my option of using NOS. That will really ruin my warranty!!!!!!! I can't wait. Who wants to race thier Focus?

one more thing SVT suspension is not the same as a Saleen suspension.

#24 ·
paxtonpayne1 said:
i should have figured that this would make some major debate. I have been busy @ work today and have not been able to debate on this subject.

first. I found out there are no svt saleens available. they were going to make them, but it never got finalized.

second. it is roughly a $8,000 package (i believe, approx.) I know if someone bought the body kit, the FULL suspension system, exhaust, the interior upgrades, the nos, the wheels, cold air, and etc. installed by team saleen, and not by Joe Bob's Import's this would probably be a fair number.

Oh, by the way I am now looking into a turbo charger along with my option of using NOS. That will really ruin my warranty!!!!!!! I can't wait. Who wants to race thier Focus?

one more thing SVT suspension is not the same as a Saleen suspension.
Yeah I'm anxiously awaiting a turbo kit to come out aswell....but I don't think I can just sit around and save money, must...mod....now....

#25 ·
For the record I like the saleen focus. I like the looks and the fact that it is a limited edition vehicle and the NOS sounds like a lot of fun. I just wish that saleen would've put a turbo or s/c on the car instead of the NOS.....heck svt should've s/c the svtf as well (just like the cobra and lightning), but then again we could just do it ourselves. Focus Fanatics Mag should've done a comparison between these two cars...would've been pretty interesting.

Btw does the saleen focus have rear disk brakes or drums?

#26 ·
cgrant said:
You forgot struts

And you're right, saleen has no idea what they are doing

No I didn't. Struts are implied when I said shocks, and dampers is all inclusive.

I just feel Saleen should stick to Stangs, or put more effort into it. Like I said, just my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.