Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How-To: SVT Side Mirror Installation

21K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  A Focused Family 
#1 ·
Items Needed:
1) Two SVT Side Mirrors (Will require painting) Part# FO1320314 (Left) & FO1321314 (Right)
2) Socket/Ratchet
3) Torx Screwdriver

Step 1:
Remove the plastic cover. Start by gently pulling/lifting the backside and then pull the cover off.

Step 2:
Using a Torx Screwdriver, remove the mounting screw.

Step 3:
Unplug the Mirror.

Step 4:
Remove the rubber grommet. This thing falls off really easy so be careful.

Step 5:
Use a socket/rachet and remove the second mounting bolt. You will need to remove the foam insullation for easier access.

Step 6:
Remove the old side mirror.

Step 7:
Feed the wires from the new mirror through the hole.

Step 8:
Reinstall the rubber grommet.

Step 9:
Reinstall the side mirror.

Step 10:
Install the painted mirror caps. "I had a clear film installed to protect the pain against rock chips."

Keywords: svt mirror install, svt mirrors installation, svt side mirrors how to, svt mirror how to

See less See more
#11 ·
I can answer the question whether the heated function works. It does not on an 00-02, but does on >03.

Of course, I learned the hard way. Does anyone know which wires to tap into to get the heated function to work? I'm assuming I can tie into the rear window heat button but where to go on the other end? Anyone?

#17 · (Edited)
Hey, thanks for these photos, I think they will really help me, I have to replace the passanger mirror, my wife met the trash can backing out of the garage. Now, I know it is electric, but what tells me if the mirror is heated? PN 98AB17682-M and -L on inside vane trim of mirror. The plug coming in to mirror is 5 wire, the plug going to mirror is three wire.

#18 ·
SVT Torx?

The SVT definitely does not use a Torx...what does it use? I'm trying to replace my passenger side and I can't see in there to verify what bit it takes. Any clues?

#20 ·
Sweet! Thanks for the pics. Getting ready to replace the mirrors on my daily driver.

This is what the previous owner did to fix the mirrors...lol. Still can't get the flippin' glue off of the paint either.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.