Focus Fanatics Forum banner

high milage SVT's

2M views 683 replies 352 participants last post by  jvert 
#1 ·
IM AT 72K

03 svt

where u guys at?

#9 ·
I have had my SVT since 03. Was my commuter through the state of Texas. I am now starting to baby it, and fix the things that have worn down ... [wrenchin]

With all that said I have 108,125K ... so at the moment I win. [nutkick] [woot]

#18 ·
Well... for me, I just changed out my Clutch Slave cylinder. I drive my car hard alot and it's my daily commuter. A friend ... God now rests his soul ... who was a great mechanic, looked at my set up. The works. [headbang]

Tranny, Clutch, Engine ... and all he found was that the slave cylinder was out. I have a still standing engine, the tranny doesn't have any issues ... like someone else said "It's a Getrag". Just the clutch. I replaced it all anyways, because it's HELLA expensive to even take the tranny out. [thumb]

Well, Enjoy the car and the many miles that will come. [cheers]

#11 ·
I got 83,000 miles out of the stock clutch. I only replaced it because i let one of our dealership drivers take it for me to get tires while i was working. He brought it back slipping a little during cold operation. So minus the boost and him driving. The original non TSB clutch if it didnt frag on you is not too shabby.

And I do not do daily driving...i do spirited driving lol.

#64 ·
I'm at 102K with BBK, custom tuning, catback, TB, S/R intake, been boosted since 54K miles. Still pulls hard as ever [gunfire]

02 - 37500 ;-) stock clutch...why u worry about trans ? It's GETRAG - Made in Germany....BMW is using it for ex. ;-)
Don't be so sure just cause BMW uses it, I had to replace mine at 86K when it went out. Some others have had to replace theirs aswell.
Other than that just minimal maintenance
-A few 02 sensors
-Clutch only cause I boosted and wanted it
-a few horns
-Valve cover cracked (wierd I know)
-DSI clip
-2 sets of tires
and some other random stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.