Focus Fanatics Forum banner

high milage SVT's

2M views 683 replies 352 participants last post by  jvert 
#1 ·
IM AT 72K

03 svt

where u guys at?

#63 ·
all original minus tires, bougth in april at 46,700, sits in drive way at 70200, but i also put 60k on the last svt

#65 ·
I do believe the 2002 Sonic Blue produced have been the most reliable SVTFs yet. Well besides your tranny mishap.

#69 ·
60k 2002 - had a load of crap fixed when I bought it used(still under warranty back then) Clutch is on its way out I think... maybe another 15k left on it or so.

#82 ·
Well after reading all the posts I believe that I have the Trophy. I am 130,600 on my '02 Pitch black SVT. I haven't driven it as much this year because I picked up a Cobalt SS/SC. But I just took it out today after a new thermostat, fixing my driver side window assembly and new tires(Kumho AST, best tires for price by the way hands down.). I have posted on here before with all my mods and probs. I don't feel like listing all of them again, sorry. I still have the original clutch though. I have to let the clutch pedal almost all the way up before it grabs, but it still takes off.

#84 ·
im up to 73,500 miles now. been in the shop twice since i bought the car in July. nothing major, just dumb little quirks that costed a bit. in the next 2 weeks he's getting new springs and dampers, brakes and pads, and 4 tires. there goes my bonus [mecry] [?|]

#86 ·
I just rolled over 91k on my 2003 SVT
stock clutch and timing belt (and most everything else)
i just replaced a blinker bulb this morning (the first one ever)
a bit of warranty work was done though, major stuff is as follows:
rear motor mount at 60k
my right axle was replaced at 88k
my e-brake cable, (rear portion) at 88k
thermostat housing, at 88k
my seat heater element, (drivers side) at 88k
its been a mostly trouble free car, i will be doing the timing belt soon, and the clutch will be next spring if i can get my hands on the TSB clutch parts.... maybe an LSD as well... i'll update the warranty list if i find anything else substantial in the papaerwork..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.