Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What did you drive before your SVT?

139K views 235 replies 187 participants last post by  Mittfisto 
#1 ·
I still do drive my 944, but not very much anymore.

Before that I had the following:
1993 Ford Festiva (Black, 5-spd) (bought it as a joke for $300)
1991 VW Golf (Red, Auto)
1990 BMW 325i 4 door (White, 5-spd with M3 rear-end)
1987 BMW 325e 2 door
1986 BMW 325e 4 door
1988 Ranger XLT X-Cab (Silver, 2.9L Auto 2WD)

#2 ·
1997 Dodge Neon SOHC with the shorter-geared 5 speed manual. Power nothing and no A/C, but passed to my brother with no outstanding mechanical issues and the original clutch at 145k miles. Flog it for a week and you'll still get 30mpg, drive it nice and I got a steady 35mpg all summer long.

Too bad its a complete piece otherwise.

#3 ·
We've gone through this more than a few times in the general car chat...
But, seeing as you're only asking for SVT owners' input for this one...[;)]

I drove a 85 Bronco (8mpg on a good day) for at least 12 years and over 200,000 miles.
Ya shoulda seen the looks on some peoples' faces when I pulled up in the SVTF. [eek]
^^^Cracked me up. LOL!!

#4 ·
A Bronco I? Cool! We use to have a lifted '79 and that thing was REDICULOUS... 35" swampers, 411 gears with posi, 351M w/o exhuast (unintentional mod- belly pans were in the works!), lifted about 6", various plates of armor to ram through trees/brush, etc.

I always wanted to put a 6.8 trition in it but we had to get rid of it. I have some pictures of it somewhere...

#5 ·
Pretty much name it and I have had it!
Camaro, Firebird, Mustang, (4) Talon TSi, (4) Beretta GTZ, Cherokee, Corolla, Eagle Summit.... I could go on and on. My SVT is my 36th car. I am only 28. Sort of a sick/stupid fetish I have. Talon TSi AWD was the fastest (11.7@114 in full stock appearance) but my SVT ranks up high as far as enjoyment/handling.

#34 ·
Hey all it takes is money bro and from the sound of it, it seems as though you gotz plenty!!!

I've only had one other car which I still would be driving if I hadn't crashed it [smackbum]

It was a 94 Saturn SL2 I had almost 200k on it at the engine was just fine. Trouble is it wasn't worth even $2k and when I hit a curb it would have cost more to fix it than it was worth lol.

#25 ·
Woot For the SHO

my progression was.

76 Ford LTD
74 Cadiallac Coupe Deville
93 Dodge Spirit
96 Mercury Sable LS DOHC ( I really miss this car )
now My 03 SVT ZX5

of course there were other vehicles that graced my presence during that time but those were the only main sources of transporation.

#13 ·
Here is my list...

1986 Pontiac Sunbird SE Convertible
1988 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi
1987 BMW 325i Convertible
1988 Chevy Celebrity
2001 Ford Contour SE 2.4L
2002 Ford Focus SVT BIOTCH! lol (had to add that for some odd reason)

I have loved the BMW, the Bonneville SSEi, and of course my SVTF!

#15 ·
Hell yea! My buddies want me to join BMW CCA and race with them. They forget I HAVE NO MONEY!

#19 ·
1994 Geo Prizm 5 spd...it was free! Luckily one of the salesmen I work with had a "spare car" that he used for the winter months (His Firebird wasn't exactly good in the snow) so he offered me the Priz. Still runnin strong almost 3 years later and I just hit 177,777 today!

#20 ·
1989 Chevy Cavalier (first ride the family ever owned, parents got rid of it soon after i bought my focus and my sister got her car)

1998 Dodge Durango (moved on up after my sister got her license so i got to borrow Daddy's car while she handled the beastly cavalier)

2002 SVTF (First car that i can really call my own...)

along side the Durango there's a 2003 Honda Accord and a 2004 Mazda 3 (Mothers and Sister's respectively) that i will occasionally "borrow" if i don't feel like taking mine or if theirs is in the way.

#21 ·
2000 zx3 with a few mods... then hit a bridge!!!

#22 ·
1987 nissan Pickup, twas an ugly mother lol. old v6 farm truck i tried to run it into the ground all through HS, but still kept running, then my old man traded it in for a 01 Lightning lol. pics really describe it better, but after searching my extensive "car pics" i was unable to find a pic of the beast.

#23 ·
Even though I don't own an SVT yet, that may change in the next week or so. [hihi]

I have owned quite a few cars, I am almost 32. I also seem to have an issue with keeping a vehicle for more than 2 years.I have my fun and get bored easily!

From present to past:

Current: 2002 Dodge Stratus R/T Coupe
2003 Dodge Stratus SXT Coupe
1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT Coupe
1996 Pontiac Sunfire GT
1993 Pontiac Grand Am SE Sedan
1988 Honduh Prelude (beater car)
1993 Ford Probe GT ( I LOVED that car, got wrecked bad [mecry]
1991 VW Jetta
1996 Pontiac Sunfire SE
1993 Grand Am SE Coupe V6
1993 Pontiac LeMans Hatch
1978 Monte Carlo Landau (my first car and such a big boat!!)

#24 ·
1992 Dodge Shadow ES convertible (first car, sold)
1984 Camaro Sport Coupe (junked for parts eventually)
1986 Camaro Sport Coupe (junked for parts eventually)
1992 Camaro RS (current project car)
2002 Focus SVT (totalled)
1994 Taurus GL (selling soon)
2003 Focus SVT (current)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.