Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What did you drive before your SVT?

139K views 235 replies 187 participants last post by  Mittfisto 
#1 ·
I still do drive my 944, but not very much anymore.

Before that I had the following:
1993 Ford Festiva (Black, 5-spd) (bought it as a joke for $300)
1991 VW Golf (Red, Auto)
1990 BMW 325i 4 door (White, 5-spd with M3 rear-end)
1987 BMW 325e 2 door
1986 BMW 325e 4 door
1988 Ranger XLT X-Cab (Silver, 2.9L Auto 2WD)

#221 · (Edited)
Texas
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas
1985 4 Runner 4x4 jacked to the moon
2001 Exploder Sport 4x4 supercharged
1991 J30 Maxima SE with a snail
1986 AMC 4x4 Eagle Wagon supercharged and jacked to the moon
2000 ZX3 with a snail, slammed, and with an SVT gearbox.

Moved to Mexico
2003 SVT EAP

Moved back to Texas
2013 VW 2.5L Golf with a close ratio 5mt and an SRI

Moved to Denmark
A bicycle

Moved to Deutschland
1999 Opel Barina turbo

Moved to the land down under
1998 Rav 4 4x4 with a Hilux Diesel stuffed in it, custom soft top, a rooftop tent, 65mm lift
2006 TJ Wranger 65th with just about every ARB bit they make for it, rooftop tent, locking diffs
(Still have the Jeep)
2004 ST170 weekend warrior for AutoX

Shopping for a new vehicle to beat to hell every day so I can take my weekend car off the roads. Probably the mythical RWD taurus with a Jag straight six chopped into a trucklet --the Aussie market Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo Ute OR a modern El Camino with an LS3, a Holden SS Ute.

#225 ·
Had a yellow Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V that I brought back w/ me to the "Main-land"....

But had to start looking for something else since the Spec-V model I had didn't have a real ABS system & no traction controls.... which at the time was dicey in real rain/ice/snow. Kinda wish I could have kept it & gone w some all-season tires versus the OE Continentals it had....

..................................................................................................

Back in '04, found an unreal deal where with all the rebates plus A/Z-plan pricing, basically paid a couple of grand plus taxes/plates for my SY SVTF with my Spec-V as trade-in.....

Going on 14 years now, wonder how many here are still original owners of their SVTF.....

Attachments

#228 ·
I drove a '98 ZX2 for four years before selling it and picking up my current '04 SVTF. I'm still in awe at how different the two Zetecs performed.

On to my current vehicles, I've got a 1980 Pinto and a 1995 Ranger. Both with the 2.3 Lima.

Oh how I love Ford's iron block L4's.

#229 ·
Before Lucy I owned/drove a;
-2002 Mitsu Lancer OZ Rally, Lightning Yellow. 5spd manual. still owned, brother drives it. 120hp, 5 gears, really soft/vague clutch. good mileage, decent cruiser. Probably going to sell to brother or something.

Other cars (technically not owned, but daily drove.)
-2003 Mazda Protege5, sportshift auto/sequential, damn good wagon. nice and tight suspension, with a 130hp engine. Had issues, sold it for $800. Looking for another one to turbo for a Mazdaspeed Protege5!
-1991 Mercury Capri Convertible, 4EAT Automatic. 100hp 1.6l Mazda engine, a convertible, 2+2. 1 grand Beater car, but was frickin' fun. Made 30mpg all day, every day. summer we could drop the top, and it was just so much better. FLIPPING FLIP HEADLIGHTS! Bought by my father (who owns a 1991 Capri XR2 TURBO) for my first car. Traded (with car dolly) for a 1993 Ranger 4x4

#233 · (Edited)
Before the SVT,

'99 Civic Si (Stolen and stripped while I was at work in Downtown Denver. RIP)

Before that,

"89 Mustang GT Convertible (Sadly had to sell it)

Just before I found the Focus, I was negotiating with a guy that had a '90 Toyota Celica All-trac that was putting down about 350hp.

Anyway, Focus when I bought it,

and today,

Small update to that, painted the grill and the chrome around the badge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.