Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2013-2015/16/17 st

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  fighterbandit1200 
#1 ·
So I'm about to trade in for an ST
What is the most reliable year. Least problems.
Is the weight vs power still the exact same?
Handling the same?
Same engines?
Is one easier to modify then another.

Is the 2013 lighter? Better looking?

#3 ·
But only AFTER a particular date.. (so not ALL 2014 have larger brake rotors) And actually the rotors are a larger diameter, he brake pads are the same size, but different material composition.

As far as engine all are the same. Power is the same in all.
2013 had a wire harness issue, which seemed to be fixed well enough.

2015 and forward had slight body changes, and a different steering wheel.
Different years had some colors new, some no longer available.

#5 ·
Why the earlier years? Better body style front end in your opinion?
They both look mean. I guess early years are more boy racer almost, and the newer ones are more mature racer type look to it. Either way very aggressive I've seen both behind me on highways and they're intimidating lol.

#6 ·
I've seen both behind me on highways and they're intimidating lol.
The main reason I placed my front license plate OFF the grill and up on the passenger sun visor was so the front end 'growl' appearance would not be compromised!
I love the look of the front end on my ride. Mean, nasty, ready for ACTION!

I AM sad Ford made the regular MK3 front more like the ST... At least it is not identical.

(Here the state law reads "the license plate shall be visible from the front', and not that it has to BE on the front...So I have no fear of getting stopped for it's odd location. On my Contour SVT I had it up under the top passenger windshield glass for 13 years.. Never questioned)

#8 ·
If you get a new or newer model it will have factory warranty. That may give you some peace of mind. They all have 252 hp and 270 tq. I think in 2015 Ford put a little bigger brakes up front and also changed the spring rate a little. But if you drive a 14 and then a 15 , I don't think you will not notice the difference. You can get more bang for your buck (bells and whistles) if you go for a 13 or 14. As long as it is a ST you can't go wrong.

#13 ·
I have a 13 and the only negatives it has versus the later cars are:

1. Smaller front brake rotors versus 2014.5+ cars
2. Even with an ST3 (which is nicer than the ST2 and ST1) the front end is nicer on the 2015+ cars
3. Interior is "cleaner" on 2015+ cars
4. MFT versus Sync 3 on 2015+ cars
5. Larger turning circle versus 2015+ cars (steering arm was changed on 2015 not 2016 as a poster indicated above, but variable ratio rack was also removed).
6. Lack of red brake calipers or different wheels as options.

Positives are:

1. Better looking rear end (and tail lamps)
2. Smaller brake rotors allow 16" winter tires (trade off with above).
3. Car is fundamentally the same except for above points as a later car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.