Frustrated by Ford, Recaro Seats - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2015, 05:50 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 277777
What I Drive: 2015 black focus st

Points 43, Level 1
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 tuxedoST Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Frustrated by Ford, Recaro Seats

I have been having issues with my Recaro Seats. I have a 2015 ST2. When I bought the car the seats did not move, and about 3000 miles into owning the car the lower seat cushion started to move left to right when going around corners.

I took it to the dealer and they said that ford told them to compare it to another ST with Recaro seats to make sure that the seats were not designed to move from side to side, which sounded ridiculous to me. The problem is that these are not all too common so I had to wait for one to come in. At this point I also opened a case with Ford customer service. I had to wait until another ST came into the dealer I originally bought the car from, sadly this was 40 minutes away. I went to the dealer initially and the service writer looked at the seat without a tech and notated that the seat did in fact move. I had to come back to have a tech look at it. At this point I drove a new ST with Recaro seats and there was no movement in the seat.

So I came back once again to have a tech look at it. I had to actually drive the car because the tech said he couldnt feel the seat moving (contrary to what the repair order said after the fact). I wasn't sure how he couldnt feel the seat moving, the fact that you can actually hear the seat moving back and forth must indicate so someone that somehow can't feel the seat that there is something wrong with this seat. After all this they say that a bar underneath the seat was not lubed properly, so they lubed this bar and sent me on my way. The drive home felt fine but the next morning the noticeable movement was back.

So now my car has been in twice and will be going back in next week for the same seat problem. Ford customer service has been no help and hasn't really gotten anything done to get a new seat put into the car. Not to mention that the second dealer was telling me one thing and the ford rep another which is incredibly frustrating to try and get something done.

At this point I'm just wondering if anyone else have had issues with the Recaro seats, and if anyone had any advice for dealing with ford to actually get something done, because frankly this is frustrating me to no end. I was excited about the RS and was ready to put down a deposit on one but after this experience I just want to stay far away from ford, which is too bad because they are coming out with some very fun cars.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2015, 11:18 AM   #2
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 6,545, Level 52
Points: 6,545, Level: 52 Points: 6,545, Level: 52 Points: 6,545, Level: 52
Level Up 98% Completed
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 19 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedoST View Post
I have been having issues with my Recaro Seats. I have a 2015 ST2. When I bought the car the seats did not move, and about 3000 miles into owning the car the lower seat cushion started to move left to right when going around corners.

I took it to the dealer and they said that ford told them to compare it to another ST with Recaro seats to make sure that the seats were not designed to move from side to side, which sounded ridiculous to me. The problem is that these are not all too common so I had to wait for one to come in. At this point I also opened a case with Ford customer service. I had to wait until another ST came into the dealer I originally bought the car from, sadly this was 40 minutes away. I went to the dealer initially and the service writer looked at the seat without a tech and notated that the seat did in fact move. I had to come back to have a tech look at it. At this point I drove a new ST with Recaro seats and there was no movement in the seat.

So I came back once again to have a tech look at it. I had to actually drive the car because the tech said he couldnt feel the seat moving (contrary to what the repair order said after the fact). I wasn't sure how he couldnt feel the seat moving, the fact that you can actually hear the seat moving back and forth must indicate so someone that somehow can't feel the seat that there is something wrong with this seat. After all this they say that a bar underneath the seat was not lubed properly, so they lubed this bar and sent me on my way. The drive home felt fine but the next morning the noticeable movement was back.

So now my car has been in twice and will be going back in next week for the same seat problem. Ford customer service has been no help and hasn't really gotten anything done to get a new seat put into the car. Not to mention that the second dealer was telling me one thing and the ford rep another which is incredibly frustrating to try and get something done.

At this point I'm just wondering if anyone else have had issues with the Recaro seats, and if anyone had any advice for dealing with ford to actually get something done, because frankly this is frustrating me to no end. I was excited about the RS and was ready to put down a deposit on one but after this experience I just want to stay far away from ford, which is too bad because they are coming out with some very fun cars.
Hi tuxedoST,

I see you worked with Nick to get a case set up last month, and that your CSM is planning on calling you tomorrow to discuss the transmission repair. I remember working with you back in July of last year, though I can't recall which concern it was. I also see another case from January regarding noises from your clutch. Do you have the case number for your seats handy? Please private message it to me, and I'll take a look.

Meagan

p: 800.392.FORD
t:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

f:

M - F 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 12-09-2015, 11:50 AM   #3
Focus Rookie

Points 43, Level 1
Level Up 86% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
I think you may have me confused with someone else, the only problem I am having is with my seats. I sent you a PM as well, I can send you another with my case number as well if you like.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:09 AM   #4
Focus Rookie

Points 43, Level 1
Level Up 86% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
So no one else have ever had this problem with their Recaro seats?
Old 12-15-2015, 07:57 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105482
What I Drive: [2013/T-Scrm/ST3 RIP] 2014 OWST3

Points 396, Level 7
Points: 396, Level: 7 Points: 396, Level: 7 Points: 396, Level: 7
Level Up 92% Completed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 xxWeinerDogxx Good Standing Member
I put 27k miles on a 2013 and have 34k miles on my 2014. I've had zero issues with the Recaro seats. I like them very much, except when I'm trying to sit in them to clean the windshield...
Old 12-15-2015, 11:50 PM   #6
Trump 2016

Fan#: 62350
What I Drive: 2003 eap svt

Points 19,198, Level 87
Points: 19,198, Level: 87 Points: 19,198, Level: 87 Points: 19,198, Level: 87
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 9 pasta Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (47)
Time to get in touch with upper management.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:13 PM   #7
Trying to Focus

Fan#: 64813
What I Drive: '13 Performance Blue ST3

Points 1,407, Level 21
Points: 1,407, Level: 21 Points: 1,407, Level: 21 Points: 1,407, Level: 21
Level Up 7% Completed
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Forum Activity 2%
FF Reputation: 13 ChrissyL Great Standing Member
44K miles on my 2013 ST3 with no movement or noise issues with the seats. Hope the OP can get the problem properly diagnosed and fixed, even if that means working with a different service department. Recaros make a fine perch from which to work with an ST.
NW Posse #17
"Straight roads are for fast cars. Curvy roads are for fast drivers."
Old 01-31-2016, 07:40 PM   #8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 241266
What I Drive: 2015 Tuxedo Black ST

Points 14, Level 1
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Level Up 27% Completed
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 1 numbersix Good Standing Member
OP, any updates? I've very curious now because I'm having the same issue with my 2015 ST. No issues up until last week, just hit 6,800 miles. My Recaro seats shift around corners, more so when I turned to the right. I can feel a clunk through the bottom of my seat when this happens.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:21 PM   #9
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 6,545, Level 52
Points: 6,545, Level: 52 Points: 6,545, Level: 52 Points: 6,545, Level: 52
Level Up 98% Completed
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Forum Activity 2%
FF Reputation: 19 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersix View Post
OP, any updates? I've very curious now because I'm having the same issue with my 2015 ST. No issues up until last week, just hit 6,800 miles. My Recaro seats shift around corners, more so when I turned to the right. I can feel a clunk through the bottom of my seat when this happens.
Hello numbersix,

My name is Tricia, and Iím one of the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representatives on this forum. Let me get this escalated. Please PM your full name, VIN, dealer, and best daytime phone number. Iíll loop in a customer service manager for your region to assist!

Tricia
Lloydy1 likes this.

p: 800.392.FORD
t:

f:

M - F 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 02-01-2016, 07:52 PM   #10
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 241266
What I Drive: 2015 Tuxedo Black ST

Points 14, Level 1
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Level Up 27% Completed
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 1 numbersix Good Standing Member
Thank you Tricia, it is nice to see active support from a company on a community forum. PM heading your way in a couple minutes.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.