Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1200 miles Turbo burnt out

10K views 44 replies 24 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 ·
So while cruising home from Vermont I noticed a weird metal burning smell and had pulled over to check oil and fluids. everything was normal,continued driving and once I got back into nj I noticed it had gotten worse, took it to dealer today by my mothers house and turns out the turbo is shot. Im kinda confused cause i really dont boost the car at all and I babby it to get decent millage and I run 93octane only. I hope this was just a factory fluke ad not something to be a normal occurrence on these cars.

#31 ·
I've heard of at least one other owner reporting a bad turbo due to oil starvation.

If it were me, I would make very sure that this issue has been well documented by the dealer as well as Ford Customer Service.

#34 ·
Not to hijack your thread but i just had my turbo go out at about 6k miles. All is fixed and back to normal though. First problem i have had with the car and hope its the last. Thank god for warranties on first year models hah

#39 ·
Got the st back today around noon and while driving home I noticed it feel like the car grew a pair of balls, it pulls really hard now. Feels like there is actually 250 to the wheels. Also no more smoke either. It's seems fun to drive again but is reminding me of my old srt4.

Time to let I break in some more and then time to mod the crap out of it.

#43 ·
Yes now I'm planning on keeping it

Your Exh is loaded with oil and will take some time to burn it all out

You are no where close to the first one this is happened to , ask your self why Ford took weeks to get in a part for your car , Maybe backordered ?????????

Tom
Your probably right Tom.

#44 ·
It could also be that currently they are importing all the engines for the ST from Spain, so they won't have a ready supply of spare parts yet if they are struggling to keep up with production volumes. Hence why they are opening 2.0 L EcoBoost production at the Cleveland Engine Plant #2 afaik.

#42 ·
wonder if they forgot to go drive it around and get rid of the oil in the exhaust...if any found its way in there.

edit: oh whoops... thought there was only one page.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.