Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New ST already throwing codes...

7K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  shineboy 
#1 ·
[mad] P0330 - Knock sensor malfunction

SUX... just venting, yeah I know its is under warranty BUT only ~700 miles

#2 ·
What octane fuel? Fuel filler door closed?

Have you pulled the engine cover yet? I read on a post that someone's intake hose was the wrong part number and had an "extra" unused hole in it.

#3 ·
93 Octane and yes fuel door is closed. What difference does the fuel door make anyway?

extra port was probably mine, I had the issue and posted pics......now codes.

My 2012 Focus SEL was a vibrating POS, Ford pulled the trans twice and could not fix it. They wouldn't do anything till it was leaking like a sieve, Nice car but who wants one that viabrates ~55-75 mph? Actually had the balls to tell me that is how it is. and now this, un-freaking believable! My wife cannot believe I bought another Ford and I am starting to see her point.

#6 ·
Yes dealer confirmed it had wrong intake an swapped it for one in the lot so I did not have to wait for ordered one to come in. There are pics before and after on here. Should add that was within the first 100 miles

#13 ·
If it doesn't have a MAF then what are the wires for that connect to the intake tube immediately after the air cleaner box?

#18 · (Edited)
It is weird, 2 out of 3 times I filled up with gas (93 octane) and the light comes on when I restart. I am in Ford service today and the the service guy told me that check engine light tend to be knock sensors or catalytic converters on Ecoboost....we will see

#19 ·
Think of the knock sensor as a microphone that is tuned to a specific frequency.
Even when the engine is running normally (no knocking/pinging), it has a certain amount of output.

If for example the knock sensor had no output while the engine is running, the PCM will see that as a bad sensor.

#20 ·
this is true, that's all it is. you can trick or at least used to be able to trick a knock sensor to test its abilities by tapping on the block with the right tool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.