Focus Fanatics Forum banner

ST pics and test drive

5K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  tech10002 
#1 ·
So i had the an exciting day yesterday
while my Ti was getting looked at for transmission issues and i was hating myself for buying that i saw this i asked to test drive it and now I'm hoping i can get this sometime in the future
the car accelerates like crazy sounds great and has all the great features of the Ti without its biggest flaw the DCT anyways enjoy
[driving]

See less See more
#5 ·
Yeah... I have 35k miles, a chattering clutch, and climate control that doesn't work.

Needless to say, I won't be trading it in anytime soon.

#7 ·
kbb.com for my ti is 16500 id be losing 1500 but still not worth it my car is immaculate however for the st it was 28500 with alot of bells and whistles only thing it was missing was hid other than that it was perfect im kicking myself right now i should have waited oh well at least ford offered me esp for my troubles with my Ti hopefully all issues are fixed and i can enjoy this car worst case scenario im gonna drive it till it runs out of warranty or needs a new tranny and ill be doing a st swap to it by then ill have saved up the money for that

#10 ·
kbb.com for my ti is 16500 id be losing 1500 but still not worth it my car is immaculate however for the st it was 28500 with alot of bells and whistles only thing it was missing was hid other than that it was perfect im kicking myself right now i should have waited [. . . ] worst case scenario im gonna drive it till it runs out of warranty or needs a new tranny...
I'm at about the same ($16,781 for a trade-in, $19,321 private sale) assuming "excellent" condition - only difference is that I still owe $23k on it...

Try to look at the positive side of NOT buying an ST. [bash]
Good call...

#8 ·
Looks exactly like ST the one guy has who lives a few blocks down my street. Always see him passing by my house with his son in the front seat after picking him up from school I guess. The exhaust is more quite than I thought when he accelerates from the stop sign by my house. Almost sounds like a regular Focus like mine. Disappointed I didn't hear more of a purr when it pulled away.

#9 ·
Try to look at the positive side of NOT buying an ST. [bash]

First: Your insurance will not go up.
Second: you will avoid the speeding tickets with added on reckless behavior.. for driving at 140mph..
(this second one is MY reason not to buy a ST. My LAST ticket in my Contour SVT was 35 over the limit.. And I was LUCKYLUCKY, becuse I had just hit the gas, and if the cop had been only a 1/4 mile further down the freeway, i would have been stopped for doing 65 over the limit..
So I DO NOT NEED a ST... I really would rather keep my license)

Then you will also avoid having guys in Subarus wanting to race you.. with perhaps the same bad end as #2 reason for not owning a ST.

#11 ·
Forget KBB numbers ... the only way to tell what your car is worth is to actually sit down and SERIOUSLY negotiate for the new car. Where dealers start at means nothing ... where dealers END at and the out-money is all that matters.

Of course ... if you're so far upside down that you can never get out that's another matter. Learn to live with the car you have or go even FURTHER upside down by financing your negative equity into the new car. Not exactly a good financial idea, but a lot of people do it.

REV

#12 ·
Too much negative equity won't be allowed to be financed most likely. My VW will be the first car (out of many) I'll have paid off. The ST is sooooo tempting. I know what my VW is capable of. I would most likely be one to get some speeding tickets in an ST. That in turn will jack the insurance up even more.

But there are two on the dealers lot close to me finally...

#13 ·
Too much negative equity won't be allowed to be financed most likely.
True. I have a bunch of money in the bank that I've been saving over the past year, but I'd rather keep my rainy day funds than get a new car (that might also be plagued with issues).

I bought a 125k mile warranty, I'm going to use it.

#21 ·
Had a mustang GT..then I had kids, and the stang had no rear doors lol...a focus ST would be a great family ride (as long as I keep the conversion van for trips!).

I have been seeing them around here for months. Glad to see they are making their eay into the lots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.