Focus Fanatics Forum banner

ST Spotting......

17K views 63 replies 30 participants last post by  Now534 
#1 ·
I was |..| that close to waiting for the ST to come out and before I plunked down the cash on my new Focus. I needed to make the deal happen and have the car in hand before class started, and even more so, wanted to have a few weeks of driving on it before that. I also wasn't sure I wanted to spend the $25k sticker price as compared to the $17k I gave for my 203A/SE model. $8k buys a lot of mods and a lot of miles in fuel at 30mpg.

I come out of class this afternoon, and whats parked right beside me?!?! A pretty BRAND NEW black ST. First time I've seen one in person, and I'm not sure who's driving it. There are only about 250 +/- students in my program, so I should be able to track him/her down somewhat easily. Had temp tags on the back, and a sticker from Carriage Ford in Clarksvile, IN. Had the MFT in the dash, and a moonroof, I'm not up on the option packages, but I think that's the top fo the line. What a nice looking car! I'm going to try to find the owner and see about a "personal test drive" :D :D....although I doubt he/she'll go for it. I'll get a picture tomorrow assuming the owner has Tuesday/Thursday classes.

Moral of the story....I'm starting to wonder if I should have waited?!?!

#56 ·
Saw a couple of ST2's at the local dealer. They've had the silver one for over a week. The red one is a from a new shipment.

#61 ·
I've seen three so far in person. First two sales man were too busy to come out and talk. Sure everyother time I'm at a dealer and they have to harass you, this time no one.LOL Was there a least 20min. even looked at the new Fusion, nice car. Well today i got to sit in a Tangerene Scream ST2, I liked the seats alot even though someone said they are too tight. I'm 6'4" and close to 260lbs. and there fine, might change my mind if I got to drive but don't think so. Told the woman sales person not buying just want to look
so I didn't even bother asking for a test drive. It's been there for two weeks and nobody has test driven it yet she said. Muist be one of those dealers that unless your really interested your not getting a drive. I might have to see if those calipers and rotors will work on regular Foci. Just eyeing them as a guess at a good 12" or even 13".

#62 ·
Oxmoor Ford in Louisville has a Silver ST2 on the lot when I drove through this afternoon. Had a sleeping kid in the backseat, otherwise I would have asked for a test drive. Although I'm guessing the rain isn't the ideal weather for a test drive.

#63 ·
Today, on my way home from work, I saw my first ST that wasn't my own. A guy was exiting off of I70 East to 465 South here in Indianapolis in his Tangerine Scream ST. He let me merge in front of him so I could grab my exit, then while we were on the exit ramp side by side we threw a few windows down compliments and a thumbs up before heading our separate ways. I felt like a member of a cool little cult. :-D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.