Focus Fanatics Forum banner

ST content.....

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Focus YBTC 
#1 ·
well I got the phone call today, the first ST in my area came in off the truck so I went to go check it out.

when I got their it was still all in plastic getting ready for detail so I had to come back a little later in the day, after talking with the salesmen I quickly learend I knew more about this car than he did [hihi]

so I gave him the break down of how I wanted to get my dad into the car since his warranty is about up on his fusion and we spent about an hr and 1/2 talking.

as we got more into the talk of sticker price he made it very clear they are not willing to budge on it [poke] since in his words its their bread and butter
as for incentives you basically get nothing other than discounted prices on oil changes/car detail work.

now as for test driving it me and my dad were not allowed to drive it, we were told a credit score and approval would have to go through first
before they would let us take it out on the street.

just to even sit in the thing I had to find the salesmen I spoke with on the phone so he would unlock it.

now as for the sticker price it was marked at $29,065 and the dealership added their own undercarriage rust protection and seat protection stuff which made the price jump to just over 30k

now I'm not one to normally complain but if your blowing 30k for a brand new car that has 3 miles on it you should be getting some sort of incentives for it other than just discounted maintenance [poke]

also while I was at the dealership this caught my eye

the C-max came in on the same truck as the ST lol

See less See more
#2 ·
The incentive for buying an ST is the engine, drivetrain, and suspension. I talked with my dealer about the ST they are supposed to be getting soon and I was told they are getting one. That is it, one.

Now reality says that not anyone can just walk in and drive it....if they did they would have everyone wanting a joy ride. It is just plain best to stay away from the ST unless you are prepared to buy it because it is one of those cars that you will just get stuck in your mind and your mind will eventually play all sorts of tricks on you....basically 'the heart does not long for what the eyes never see' as my dad used to say!

#4 ·
I talked with my dealer about the ST they are supposed to be getting soon and I was told they are getting one. That is it, one.
this place originally told me they where supposed to be getting a few in at the end of the month

that was on monday lol then I got the phone call today and they said the same thing this is the only one we are getting

#5 ·
The engine drivetrain and suspension are in no way an incentive, those obviously have impacted the price, so to spend 30+ thousand dollars on a car that's got some ups on the competition like the Mazdaspeed 3 which is a perfectly capable, award winning hot hatch you can have around 22k, you need some real incentive. What can Ford provide me that the competition cant? Honestly? If I'm spending 30k+, I'll just pony up the extra few grand and buy an STi or Golf R.

#6 ·
My god, it's not like it's a $300,000 car lol. It's a 30k car. Ford has a whole bunch more cars that are way more expensive than this little thing. Taurus SHO, even Explorer's are more expensive, oh and the Edge Limited's, Escape TI, Mustang's....oh and that one car a little while back what was it called.....oh yaaaa, the Ford GT. It's just a car. A Motherf[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]ing bada** car that maybe I will get next year sometime haha. Once the hype calms down they will "budge"; unless they want them sitting in their lots forever...!

#7 ·
Exactly, like I said, we need some real incentive here. The MS3 is stickered around $25k, but like I said, they routinely go for more like $22k.

This car will sell, but eventually to keep sales up, it will have some wiggle room.

#9 ·
As much as I like my Focus .... before I'd pay anywhere near sticker price for any Ford ... I'd just buy a GTI and be done with it for about $23K and with 0% 60 month financing ....

That kind of attitude just turns me off .... and if Ford is making them so exclusive that all a dealership gets is one .... they can keep it .... or in reality sell it to someone else ... which is fine by me ... my interest level is now zero. I will never compete for ANY car ... or be treated like that.

You should go in ... do the credit check .... get approved .... test drive it .... and then say 'No thanks' ... I don't like the way it drives.

REV

#13 ·
It's not that Ford's doing anything wrong ... OR the dealership ... it's just supply and demand .... and with that short of a supply ... I have no demand.

I can't blame them for trying to hit a homerun with a car in such limited production and what probably will be pretty high demand. They just won't hit that home run with me.

REV

#14 ·
...so I gave him the break down of how I wanted to get my dad into the car since his warranty is about up on his fusion and we spent about an hr and 1/2 talking.

as we got more into the talk of sticker price he made it very clear they are not willing to budge on it [poke] since in his words its their bread and butter
as for incentives you basically get nothing other than discounted prices on oil changes/car detail work.

now as for test driving it me and my dad were not allowed to drive it, we were told a credit score and approval would have to go through first
before they would let us take it out on the street.

just to even sit in the thing I had to find the salesmen I spoke with on the phone so he would unlock it.

now as for the sticker price it was marked at $29,065 and the dealership added their own undercarriage rust protection and seat protection stuff which made the price jump to just over 30k

now I'm not one to normally complain but if your blowing 30k for a brand new car that has 3 miles on it you should be getting some sort of incentives for it other than just discounted maintenance [poke]
It's better to wait unless you like being taken advantage of.

One day I may own a ST but at this moment it isn't a consideration. I'll wait until the hype dies down and the local dealers have them on their lot collecting dust.

Has dad seen pictures of the new Fusion?

#15 ·
A dealer near me is hosting a "clinic" about the ST on two different days.
It's supposedly by appointment only, but at least you can drive it. If you attend they claim they'll give you a $500 discount on a future ST purchase.

Code:
During this time you can:

[LIST]
[*]Test drive the vehicle
[*]    Examine the options available on the Focus ST
[*]    Learn "hands on" about the new MyFord system and the infotainment system
[*]    Learn how to make the best use of Ford's exclusive Microsoft Sync information systems
[*]    Review pricing and current factory incentives (as requested)
[*]    Receive an "event" discount for $500.00 off your future purchase of an ST, just for attending!
[/LIST]

#17 ·
Wow, a grand for that crap that no one in their right mind even wants? That dealer blows chunks. The dealer where I bought my car put cheesy looking tape pin stripes on every car in the lot and then put a sticker on each window charging $300 for the honor. I almost refused to even begin to deal with that dealer because of that. The first question I ended up asking before we started any negotiation was if I could get those horrible pin stripes removed at no cost. The answer was yes. This is the kind of BS stuff that makes people really hate car dealers and car salesman and I can't believe it still goes on. I think they'd prosper much better by working honestly for a living instead of trying low class tricks like this.

I don't have any problems with charging the sticker price if they can get it. If I bought one I'd wait until they were fairly common and get one then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.