Focus Fanatics Forum banner

High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST

806K views 1K replies 303 participants last post by  Arty 
#1 ·

Come Visit The Ford ST Team At FocusFest 2011:

Enthusiasts of the much-loved SVT Focus, take heart, and start your engines. Ford will deliver on its promise of a high-performance version of the next-generation Focus, previewing a muscular Focus ST at the Paris Motor Show Sept. 30. Targeted for global launch in 2012, ST will be Ford's first high-performance model developed under its global performance vehicles strategy. With its own 2.0-liter EcoBoost™, ST will offer enthusiasts an intoxicating mix of exhilarating performance and handling, not to mention a most addictive sound.

• Exciting new next-generation Ford Focus gears up for Paris launch of full production-ready range of bodystyles together for the first time
  • Global reveal of new high-performance 250 PS Focus ST for 2012 launch
  • New Mondeo and C-MAX ranges on show
  • Ford accelerates efforts to reduce CO2 emissions with high-efficiency Ford ECOnetic Technologies and Electrification feature displays
  • September 30: Alan Mulally and Stephen Odell to unveil the next-generation Focus family at 09.15 on the Ford stand in Hall 1

The exciting new next-generation Ford Focus range is the star attraction in Ford Motor Company's display at the 2010 Paris Motor Show on September 30.

For the first time, the complete global Ford Focus line-up of three production-ready dynamic bodystyles will be displayed together, providing customers with a full insight into this significant new model before it goes on sale in Europe and North America early in 2011.

Ford is also delivering on its promise to introduce a global performance version of the new Focus with a world premiere for the exciting flagship of the range, the muscular 250 PS Focus ST. The dramatic new ST will launch in early 2012 and will be revealed on September 30 at the Ford stand by Alan Mulally, Ford’s President and CEO, and Stephen Odell, Chairman and CEO, Ford of Europe.

First Global Product
The formal launch of the full production-ready Focus range in Paris is highly significant for Ford, as it signals the introduction of the first truly global product developed under the Company’s ONE Ford strategy.

The Focus is Ford's most significant car range globally. Developed at Ford's Global centre of excellence for Small Cars in Germany for sale in over 120 markets worldwide, the next-generation model is the most important Focus yet and is created from Ford Motor Company's new global C segment platform with up to 80 per cent parts commonality around the world. This platform will underpin at least ten vehicles globally and account for some two million units of annual production by 2012.

With the complete range of three bodystyles on display in Paris for the first time – sporty five-door, elegant four-door and stylish wagon – show goers will have an exclusive opportunity to see and experience the car’s individual design and class leading technology first hand.

New Focus promises to outsmart its competitors by offering more affordable technologies and features than customers have ever experienced in this critical vehicle segment. Next-generation Focus also offers customers the highest standards of quality and detailed craftsmanship, plus outstanding fuel economy, and will take the legendary Focus driving dynamics to a new level.

Previewing the exciting new Focus ST
At the 2010 Geneva Motor Show, Ford Motor Company's group vice president for Global Product Development, Derrick Kuzak, promised that an exciting new performance version of the next generation Ford Focus was in development.

At Paris, Ford is delivering on that promise by revealing an early preview model of the exciting next-generation Ford Focus ST. Targeted for launch in all global markets from early 2012, the all-new Ford Focus ST will be Ford's first high-performance model developed under its global Performance Vehicles strategy.

The new range-topping Focus – which features a unique 250 PS version of the new 2.0-litre, four-cylinder Ford EcoBoost engine – will be completely true to Ford's ST heritage, offering driving enthusiasts an intoxicating cocktail of exhilarating performance and handling accompanied by an addictive sound.

Visitors to the Paris display also cannot fail to notice the show car’s highly distinctive sports exterior, which is finished in 'Tangerine Scream', a dramatic new body colour that reflects the new ST’s exciting and energetic character.

New Mondeo and C-MAX on Display
Taking their place alongside the next-generation Focus family will be five-door and wagon versions of the new Mondeo range, which was previewed at the recent Moscow International Automobile Salon. The Paris show sees the debut of the ultra-low CO2 Mondeo ECOnetic version. The Ford stand also showcases the latest S-MAX and Galaxy models which were launched earlier in 2010.

The all-new Ford C-MAX and Grand C-MAX will be represented by high series Titanium models fitted with a Ford EcoBoost 1.6-litre 180 PS petrol engine and the updated 2.0-litre Duratorq TDCi diesel. Bringing new levels of style and desirability to the compact Multi-Activity Vehicle (MAV) market, the all-new Ford C-MAX is the first production model using Ford's exciting new global C-segment platform. The Grand C-MAX also goes on sale in North America in late 2011.

Lower CO2 Emissions across the Ford Range
Ford is accelerating its efforts to minimise fuel consumption and CO2 emissions across its product range, and two important new entries to the Ford of Europe product portfolio are being displayed at Paris – a new Ford Mondeo ECOnetic model and a new Ford Ka derivative with standard Ford Auto-Start-Stop system.

These new models follow the significant new developments which have already been introduced during 2010, including the launch of the new high-efficiency Ford EcoBoost turbocharged direct injection petrol engine family and completely updated versions of the powerful yet highly fuel-efficient Duratorq TDCi diesel engines.

Ford is also moving forward with its European electrification program and will be displaying for the first time the core technology destined to drive its C-MAX PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle), that will be produced at the Valencia plant in Spain and is due to go on sale in Europe from 2013.

Along with the wider introduction of low-CO2 Ford ECOnetic Technologies such as Eco Mode and Smart Regenerative Charging, Ford of Europe is on track to surpass its goal of a 30 per cent reduction in CO2 emissions from its new vehicles by 2020, relative to a 2006 model year baseline.

"The launch of the complete new Focus range, plus the global debut of the high-performance ST model, makes this Paris Show not only very exciting for Ford, but also highly significant," said Stephen Odell, Chairman and CEO, Ford of Europe. "With the all-new C-MAX also on the Paris stand, along with the latest Mondeo, S-MAX and Galaxy models, it’s clear that the pace of change within Ford remains as aggressive as ever."

See less See more
1 11
#1,239 ·
#1,243 ·
2013 ST average fuel consumption rating has been noted (Euro cycle) as 7.2l/100km, so in Canadian imperial gallon speak this equals 39MPG average or combined city/hwy which in USA gallons equals 33MPG average or combined city/hwy.
And CO2 emissions of just 169 g / km
Damn impressive I'd say.
Ford Germany media release below -
The new Ford Focus ST production begins from mid-June at the Ford plant in Saarlouis (Saarland) and can be ordered now from end of May. The five-door hatchback sedan will cost from (Euro) € 27 950.00 The new Ford Focus ST is also available wagon version - the extra cost of the wagon is (Euro) €950.00

Ford UK announced pricing as well - The 5 door starts at (GBP)£21,995 and the Estate starts at (GBP) £23,095. Order banks open 1st of June, for delivery in September

#1,244 ·
^^ Thanks for sharing that, Ghiafan!

[scratch] Now where was that one dude on here who was so adamantly arguing with me that there was NO WAY that the new ST could touch 35mpg on the highway??? I bet he will suddenly become silent on this one...

Sorry kam327. Maybe next time you won't be so positively sure of yourself?

#1,245 ·
It's an epidemic here, so many people speak as though they are the subject matter experts on everything. It gives me the frustrations.[scream]

Luckily, most get to a point that they (i assume) realize that they look like a douche and fade away. [thumb]

#1,247 ·
My dealer also has a totally loaded ST ordered for stock, list price on that ST3 with all options you can get is $29825.00. So, there is a $30k ST, but it is absolutely loaded with everything you could possibly want, in a car that is supposed to do 0-60mph in about 7 seconds flat and get over 35mpg to boot. Not bad I say. Wig

#1,249 ·
Lets see those mpg figures in the real world before we start dissing people since arguments on paper are just that. I know I wouldn't see those MPGs if I was driving it along with most buyers. I also will be down at the dealer and see what they look like in person and see what those stickers say. Just have to wait and see and then we can argue some more. hehe

#1,251 ·
True 'nuff but just to let you know where I'm coming from, I speculated that the ST would be capable of ~23 city and ~35 highway. That's not too obscenely unbelievable, is it? But Mr. kam327 scoffed and went after me for such a crazy thought. Well, sometimes turnabout is fair play. If you wanna dish some out, be prepared to get some back sometimes...

That said [cheers]

And Ron, I'm with you in speculating (= not guaranteeing) that the car will be capable of better than 7 second sprints to 60. I believe 6.5s or better should (almost) certainly be possible... [burnout]

#1,250 ·
It's gotta be quicker than 7.0 secs 0-60,even an early '90s MR2 would turn 6.1 and that car was still a 2700lb car and only 200hp. I'm hoping to see closer to the low 6s in the hands of owners that really push it.
What about 1/4 mile times? It's gotta be in the 14s since even a Toyota RAV4 has turned a 14.7.

#1,252 ·
I get ya' but I'm just antsy for this car to come out and with the offerings from Hyundai,Mazda and Subaru and the new Toybaru cars it's simply a good time for car enthusiasts period no matter what you like.

#1,256 ·
I just read Ford is saying the ST will do 0-60 in 'about 6 seconds'. If their underestimation of horsepower ratings are any indication, I'm betting 0-60 will be in the high 5's. . . . I'm sure the 15 second over-boost on the turbo will be good for great 1/4 mile times, probably what it was designed for. Wig

#1,259 ·
I really hope high to even mid 5s with a little stickier rubber which is why if I was buying this car MPGs wouldn't be my main concern. I really like the look but wish it was AWD and it would be able to compete better with the WRX and with some tuning an STI.

This is one car that does look a little different than other hatches as I get alot of people that are surprised it's a Focus.

#1,257 ·
I ordered my Silver ST3 w/moonroof today! Got it for 'dealer cost' which is invoice + destination + fuel charge + advertising assessment, so $28,135. That's 1690 under MSRP, even adding tax, title and all it's still less than MSRP. There are probably better deals out there, but I'm pretty happy with mine.
Now the waiting begins. Wait, I mean the waiting CONTINUES! I've been waiting on Ford to release this car for almost 2 years now... Looks like my '03 SVT may be pushing 185k before I pass it along to my nephew. Might be just in time for Christmas.

#1,261 ·
Yeah,my STI weighs in at a hefty 3700lbs which is just about only 300lbs shy of my 4Runner most of that weight is the 3 diffs and other electronics. AWD is a huge advantage off the line tho'' since I was able to nick Viper GTSs with 450hp (and much more tourque) to my under 400 crankhorse as I was killing them off the line and they would blow right past me but not before I tripped the lights at the end. The big diff was our trap speeds which mine were in the 102-104mph range and the Vipers was another 10mph faster but traction won it for me.

Around a track and in the twisties is where the ST will shine since getting alot of ponies to the ground with fwd is tricky as I found out with my Type R when it was SC'd with about 240hp at the crank.

#1,264 ·
Canadian Pricing

I just noticed that the Canadian optional packages, including the pricing, has been added to the ford.ca site.

Focus ST•2.0L EcoBoost engine with 252 HP and 270 ft-lb of torque ($29,999)

•6-speed manual transmission
•Variable ratio Electric Power Assisted Steering
•Front and Rear disc brakes
•ST Sport Suspension
•Full leather and heated Recaro seats
•Unique front and rear ST fascia
•HID Headlamps with LED signature lighting and cornering functionality
•Center Dual Exhaust with bright tips
•Intelligent Access with Push Button Start
•and more

ST Technology Package•SONY audio with 4 additional speakers (+$1,000)

•MyFord Touch w/8" colour LCD touch-screen
•Dual Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control
•SiriusXM® Satellite Radio w/6 months pre-paid subscription

Navigation (+$700)

•Requires the ST Technology Package

Moonroof (+$1,200)

Tangerine Screem Tri-Coat Paint (+$300)

#1,265 ·
I just noticed that the Canadian optional packages, including the pricing, has been added to the ford.ca site.

Focus ST•2.0L EcoBoost engine with 252 HP and 270 ft-lb of torque ($29,999)

•6-speed manual transmission
•Variable ratio Electric Power Assisted Steering
•Front and Rear disc brakes
•ST Sport Suspension
•Full leather and heated Recaro seats
•Unique front and rear ST fascia
•HID Headlamps with LED signature lighting and cornering functionality
•Center Dual Exhaust with bright tips
•Intelligent Access with Push Button Start
•and more

ST Technology Package•SONY audio with 4 additional speakers (+$1,000)

•MyFord Touch w/8" colour LCD touch-screen
•Dual Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control
•SiriusXM® Satellite Radio w/6 months pre-paid subscription

Navigation (+$700)

•Requires the ST Technology Package

Moonroof (+$1,200)

Tangerine Screem Tri-Coat Paint (+$300)
where are you getting this info?

I am looking at the Ford.ca site and nothing on pricing. Also, nothing from the automotive press.

#1,276 ·
Ford Canada should remove the images of the the 2 coloured Recaro's as these are
not available in Canada. I am sure the marketing people would be clueless to this
mistake, but this will only cause confusion and frustration for the Canadian consumers.
See, now we're going to have a problem. [hatchet]

#1,268 ·
Just spent some time with the ST on the Dearborn test track (along with a 2013 stang 5.0, elec focus, hybrid fusion, Taurus SHO, etc...). I can honestly say that my mind was blown into the back window. I didn't think that an 80 hp increase from the base Focus would be such an incredible difference! From a rolling start at 20mph we got up to 70 in 2nd gear and couldn't have taken more than 4 secs. This car has power to spare! One of the best parts is the way they've tuned the exhaust note. In the cockpit it seriously sounds as good as a V8. The entire time I was just yelling "son of a bitch!" because I'm so pissed that I didn't wait for this thing to come out before purchasing my Focus Ti. My only hope now is Roush coming out with that supercharger.

Here's the real kicker, not only was the Focus more fun than the 5.0 Stang, but both me and my passenger think the ST is on par or faster than it. So if you're even remotely considering this car, WAIT FOR IT TO COME OUT YOU WANKER!

#1,280 ·
The only problem is I wish it was AWD since more and more power through the front wheels is a torque steer nightmare especially coming out of corners on a track. My Type R was laying down about 210 to the wheels and it was a handful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.