Focus Fanatics Forum banner

High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST

806K views 1K replies 303 participants last post by  Arty 
#1 ·

Come Visit The Ford ST Team At FocusFest 2011:

Enthusiasts of the much-loved SVT Focus, take heart, and start your engines. Ford will deliver on its promise of a high-performance version of the next-generation Focus, previewing a muscular Focus ST at the Paris Motor Show Sept. 30. Targeted for global launch in 2012, ST will be Ford's first high-performance model developed under its global performance vehicles strategy. With its own 2.0-liter EcoBoost™, ST will offer enthusiasts an intoxicating mix of exhilarating performance and handling, not to mention a most addictive sound.

• Exciting new next-generation Ford Focus gears up for Paris launch of full production-ready range of bodystyles together for the first time
  • Global reveal of new high-performance 250 PS Focus ST for 2012 launch
  • New Mondeo and C-MAX ranges on show
  • Ford accelerates efforts to reduce CO2 emissions with high-efficiency Ford ECOnetic Technologies and Electrification feature displays
  • September 30: Alan Mulally and Stephen Odell to unveil the next-generation Focus family at 09.15 on the Ford stand in Hall 1

The exciting new next-generation Ford Focus range is the star attraction in Ford Motor Company's display at the 2010 Paris Motor Show on September 30.

For the first time, the complete global Ford Focus line-up of three production-ready dynamic bodystyles will be displayed together, providing customers with a full insight into this significant new model before it goes on sale in Europe and North America early in 2011.

Ford is also delivering on its promise to introduce a global performance version of the new Focus with a world premiere for the exciting flagship of the range, the muscular 250 PS Focus ST. The dramatic new ST will launch in early 2012 and will be revealed on September 30 at the Ford stand by Alan Mulally, Ford’s President and CEO, and Stephen Odell, Chairman and CEO, Ford of Europe.

First Global Product
The formal launch of the full production-ready Focus range in Paris is highly significant for Ford, as it signals the introduction of the first truly global product developed under the Company’s ONE Ford strategy.

The Focus is Ford's most significant car range globally. Developed at Ford's Global centre of excellence for Small Cars in Germany for sale in over 120 markets worldwide, the next-generation model is the most important Focus yet and is created from Ford Motor Company's new global C segment platform with up to 80 per cent parts commonality around the world. This platform will underpin at least ten vehicles globally and account for some two million units of annual production by 2012.

With the complete range of three bodystyles on display in Paris for the first time – sporty five-door, elegant four-door and stylish wagon – show goers will have an exclusive opportunity to see and experience the car’s individual design and class leading technology first hand.

New Focus promises to outsmart its competitors by offering more affordable technologies and features than customers have ever experienced in this critical vehicle segment. Next-generation Focus also offers customers the highest standards of quality and detailed craftsmanship, plus outstanding fuel economy, and will take the legendary Focus driving dynamics to a new level.

Previewing the exciting new Focus ST
At the 2010 Geneva Motor Show, Ford Motor Company's group vice president for Global Product Development, Derrick Kuzak, promised that an exciting new performance version of the next generation Ford Focus was in development.

At Paris, Ford is delivering on that promise by revealing an early preview model of the exciting next-generation Ford Focus ST. Targeted for launch in all global markets from early 2012, the all-new Ford Focus ST will be Ford's first high-performance model developed under its global Performance Vehicles strategy.

The new range-topping Focus – which features a unique 250 PS version of the new 2.0-litre, four-cylinder Ford EcoBoost engine – will be completely true to Ford's ST heritage, offering driving enthusiasts an intoxicating cocktail of exhilarating performance and handling accompanied by an addictive sound.

Visitors to the Paris display also cannot fail to notice the show car’s highly distinctive sports exterior, which is finished in 'Tangerine Scream', a dramatic new body colour that reflects the new ST’s exciting and energetic character.

New Mondeo and C-MAX on Display
Taking their place alongside the next-generation Focus family will be five-door and wagon versions of the new Mondeo range, which was previewed at the recent Moscow International Automobile Salon. The Paris show sees the debut of the ultra-low CO2 Mondeo ECOnetic version. The Ford stand also showcases the latest S-MAX and Galaxy models which were launched earlier in 2010.

The all-new Ford C-MAX and Grand C-MAX will be represented by high series Titanium models fitted with a Ford EcoBoost 1.6-litre 180 PS petrol engine and the updated 2.0-litre Duratorq TDCi diesel. Bringing new levels of style and desirability to the compact Multi-Activity Vehicle (MAV) market, the all-new Ford C-MAX is the first production model using Ford's exciting new global C-segment platform. The Grand C-MAX also goes on sale in North America in late 2011.

Lower CO2 Emissions across the Ford Range
Ford is accelerating its efforts to minimise fuel consumption and CO2 emissions across its product range, and two important new entries to the Ford of Europe product portfolio are being displayed at Paris – a new Ford Mondeo ECOnetic model and a new Ford Ka derivative with standard Ford Auto-Start-Stop system.

These new models follow the significant new developments which have already been introduced during 2010, including the launch of the new high-efficiency Ford EcoBoost turbocharged direct injection petrol engine family and completely updated versions of the powerful yet highly fuel-efficient Duratorq TDCi diesel engines.

Ford is also moving forward with its European electrification program and will be displaying for the first time the core technology destined to drive its C-MAX PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle), that will be produced at the Valencia plant in Spain and is due to go on sale in Europe from 2013.

Along with the wider introduction of low-CO2 Ford ECOnetic Technologies such as Eco Mode and Smart Regenerative Charging, Ford of Europe is on track to surpass its goal of a 30 per cent reduction in CO2 emissions from its new vehicles by 2020, relative to a 2006 model year baseline.

"The launch of the complete new Focus range, plus the global debut of the high-performance ST model, makes this Paris Show not only very exciting for Ford, but also highly significant," said Stephen Odell, Chairman and CEO, Ford of Europe. "With the all-new C-MAX also on the Paris stand, along with the latest Mondeo, S-MAX and Galaxy models, it’s clear that the pace of change within Ford remains as aggressive as ever."

See less See more
1 11
#7 ·
Haha, different articles tho! So techinically its not a double post right?

Who cares, this car is SICK!!!! I am done modding my ST, I need to save for an ST.

#14 ·
Posted via FF Mobile Heres the press release that autoblog got.

HIGH PERFORMANCE ST TOPS NEW FORD FOCUS LINEUP FOR PARIS MOTOR SHOW LAUNCH
Exciting new next-generation Ford Focus gears up for Paris launch of full production-ready range of bodystyles, displayed together for the first time
Global reveal of new high-performance 250PS Focus ST for 2012 launch
New Mondeo and C-MAX ranges on show
Ford accelerates efforts to reduce CO2 emissions with high-efficiency ECOnetic technologies and Electrification feature displays

Cologne, September 15, 2010 – The exciting new next-generation Ford Focus range is the star attraction in Ford Motor Company's display at the 2010 Paris Motor Show on September 30.

For the first time, the complete global Ford Focus line-up of three production-ready dynamic bodystyles will be displayed together, providing customers with a full insight into this significant new model before it goes on sale in Europe and North America early in 2011.

Ford is also delivering on its promise to introduce a global performance version of the new Focus with a world premiere for the exciting flagship of the range, the muscular 250PS Focus ST. The dramatic new ST will launch in early 2012 and will be revealed on September 30 at the Ford stand by Alan Mulally, Ford's President and CEO, and Stephen Odell, Chairman and CEO, Ford of Europe.

First Global Product

The formal launch of the full production-ready Focus range in Paris is highly significant for Ford, as it signals the introduction of the first truly global product developed under the Company's ONE Ford strategy.

The Focus is Ford's most significant car range globally. Developed at Ford's Global Centre of Excellence for Small Cars in Germany, for sale in over 120 markets worldwide, the next-generation model is the most important Focus yet and is created from Ford Motor Company's new global C segment platform with up to 80 per cent parts commonality globally. This platform will underpin at least ten vehicles around the world and account for some two million units of annual production by 2012.

With the complete range of three bodystyles on display in Paris for the first time – sporty five-door, elegant four-door and stylish wagon – show goers will have an exclusive opportunity to see and experience the car's individual design and class leading technology first hand.

New Focus promises to be the smartest car in the C-segment and is packed with more affordable technologies and features than customers ever before in this segment, the next-generation Focus also offers customers the highest standards of quality and detailed craftsmanship, outstanding fuel economy, and takes the legendary Focus driving dynamics to a new level.

Previewing the exciting new Focus ST

At the 2010 Geneva Motor Show, Ford Motor Company's group vice president for Global Product Development, Derrick Kuzak, promised that an exciting new performance version of the next generation Ford Focus was in development.

At Paris, Ford is delivering on that promise by revealing an early preview model of the exciting next-generation Ford Focus ST. Targeted for launch in all global markets from early 2012, the all-new Ford Focus ST will be Ford's first high-performance model developed under its global Performance Vehicles strategy.

The new range-topping Focus – which features a unique 250PS version of the 2.0-litre Ford EcoBoost engine – will be completely true to Ford's ST heritage, offering driving enthusiasts an intoxicating cocktail of exhilarating performance and handling accompanied by an addictive sound.

Visitors to the Paris display also cannot fail to notice the show car's highly distinctive sports exterior, which is finished in 'Tangerine Scream', a dramatic new body colour that reflects the new ST's exciting and energetic character.

New Mondeo and C-MAX on Display

Taking their place alongside the next-generation Focus family will be five-door and wagon versions of the new Mondeo range, which was previewed at the recent Moscow International Automobile Salon. The Paris show sees the debut of the ultra- low CO2 Mondeo ECOnetic version. The Ford stand also showcases the latest S- MAX and Galaxy models which were launched earlier in 2010.

The all-new Ford C-MAX and Grand C-MAX will be represented by high series Titanium models fitted with a Ford EcoBoost 1.6-litre 180 PS petrol engine and the updated 2.0-litre Duratorq TDCi diesel. Bringing new levels of style and desirability to the compact Multi-Activity Vehicle (MAV) market, the all-new Ford C-MAX is the first production model using Ford's exciting new global C-segment platform. The Grand C-MAX also goes on sale in North America in late 2011.

Lower CO2 Emissions Across the Ford Range

Ford is accelerating its efforts to minimise fuel consumption and CO2 emissions across its product range, and two important new entries to the Ford of Europe product portfolio are being displayed at Paris – the new Ford Mondeo ECOnetic and the Ford Ka with standard Ford Auto-Start-Stop system.

These new models follow the significant new developments which have already been introduced during 2010, including the launch of the new high-efficiency Ford EcoBoost turbocharged direct injection petrol engine family and completely updated versions of the powerful yet highly fuel-efficient Duratorq TDCi diesel engines.

Ford is also moving forward with its European electrification program and will be displaying for the first time the technology destined to drive its C-MAX plug-in hybrid vehicle, that will be produced at the Valencia plant in Spain and is due to go on sale in Europe in 2012. A version will also be sold in North America.

Along with the wider introduction of low-CO2 Ford ECOnetic Technologies such as Eco Mode and Smart Regenerative Charging, Ford of Europe is on track to surpass its goal of a 30 per cent reduction in CO2 emissions from its new vehicles by 2020, relative to a 2006 model year baseline.

"The launch of the complete new Focus range, plus the global debut of the high- performance ST model, makes this Paris Show not only very exciting for Ford, but also highly significant," said Stephen Odell, Chairman & CEO, Ford of Europe. "With the all-new C-MAX also on the Paris stand, along with the latest Mondeo, S-MAX and Galaxy models, it's clear that the pace of change within Ford remains as impressive as ever."

#286 ·
people will say what they feel, and you have to let them express themselves because the wife wont listen. BUT WE WILL...

Now we're waiting for 3 door version!
SCREW 3 doors... i need a FAMILY 5 door please.... :)
Finally. Ford needs to give the Steeda/Roush/Saleen performance houses one of these ASAP so they can start developing some performance parts right away!!
^^ x2

Coupe, you want AWD? Get a truck.....lol Ford finally decides to release a pocket rocket and yet the crowd still [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)].... Here's a mass bitch slap for all you whiny panty waists.

i love what you are saying... love it or leave it

#20 ·
That is sweet. The problem will be price though. I'm sure it will be closer to the $30000 range. And with a family, I'm not willing to spend that much on a compact car. I'll wait and see though. It may be time to replace the SVT by then.

#66 ·
I think price is the biggest reason we have never had them in the past. Its still going to be tough because more than likely the price range will be in the evo and sti price range without their performance. Besides.... how many people are going to drop 25k plus on a Focus except the diehards.
people are speculating 30k for this car.

they need to keep it under 25k to make it competitive (ie: MS3 territory) they creep up on 30k with the price, and that is entry level BMW territory, not to mention WRX and EVO
It's a PERFORMANCE model, EXPECT it to be around 30K MSRP wise to compete with the Evo and WRX, the Focus is now in that territory.

If you want a cheap Sport Compact there is the Fiesta.

People will buy these, yes the tide of owners may turn from College Level kids to Late 20's to Early 30's but that is because the car will cost more. If you want everything this has to offer well then you gotta pay for it, plain and simple.

Kudos to Ford on making a world class car. I will be buying one. [thumb]

#26 ·
Focus reminds you of the MOST BEAUTIFUL CARS ON THE PLANET, and you're complaining.....

[confused]

I really like it! i don't care if it's a 5 door. the ZX5 SVT is still a killer car, and the new ST is just about CERTAIN to be turbocharged.

And on the "gaping hole grill" thing, it works for this car. i actually like cars with a grille that actually looks like it'll cool the motor, and given that it's likely to be intercooled, the grille may be necessary.

#25 ·
Please tell me this is a joke. Not a fan of the gaping hole grille up front. I guess Audi started the trend or something. And yeah now that you mention it, it does look like an Aston Martin crossover. The snowflake wheels look a little ridiculous too. And epic FAIL on Ford's part not to make it a coupe.

I don't know I'm just not feeling it. Not that I'm complaining. I mean if the base trim 2012 Focus looks sexier and is cheaper... hey it works for me! :)

#27 ·
I think price is the biggest reason we have never had them in the past. Its still going to be tough because more than likely the price range will be in the evo and sti price range without their performance. Besides.... how many people are going to drop 25k plus on a Focus except the diehards.

On a side note, it had better come in the obnoxious orange and green colors in the US.

#397 ·
people are speculating 30k for this car.
O.k., first post here so be gentle. I can't see how this thing is going to be sub-$30K when the regular Focus is going to be $24K with a host of options still not applied (you can see this one here says a price of $23,490).

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/focus/2012/

It looks like it's missing the "Sport" package, which will have the 18" wheels and better suspension and such. More than likely it doesn't have any of the "Tech" package on the interior either. Add both of those - I'm speculating of course - and you're knocking on the back door of $30K.

Now add to that all the goodies that the ST is going to add and I think it will be closer to $35K, or more with ADP (added dealer profit). I know I look like I'm a troll, but I'm just trying to give the American auto guys a second look these days, but with this thing, IMO, being close to the price of a WRX or 2012 VW R, I think it's competition is going to be too strong, and those two have all wheel drive.

I hope you are all right, but I fear this thing is going to be super spendy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.