Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Cobb Rear motor mount

9K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  pasta 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Its a shame Ford installed such a weak rear mount as standard, the engine really moves a lot when you unbolt the old mount. I installed the electric Focus one which does not add any extra vibration and does stop some of the banging. I will be interested in reports of the Cobb mount, I don't want the vibration you normally get from poly bushes.

#10 ·
Installed the Cobb RMM after work today. Great install instructions avail on the Cobb website. There is noticeable vibration at idle to about 1300rpm. Smooths out completely above 1500rpm. Not as bad a vibration that our 2010 Focus SEL has stock tho. Did a couple quick runs with it, really helped with the wheel hop, and couldn't get it to bang 1-2.

Factory mount with 1000 miles. Poorly designed, already blown out.

#12 ·
I also have the cobb mount installed.
i hardly noticed any vibes except when starting off.
But passengers don't feel a thing.
What i did notice is how much more planted it is, wheel hop only when wet and 1-2 bang only at redline

#13 ·
Wheel hop and bang

I have been looking at the reviews for the Cobb and CP-E RMM. Talked to a mechanic at the Ford dealer who also has the Cobb in his car. He says the bang is improved but the wheel hop is caused by which tires you are using. He has the all seasons. Reviews are saying hop and bang are almost gone. I'm not sure what to do. I want to get rid of the annoying wheel hop.

#17 · (Edited)
After taking off the rmm do I need to take the weight off the rmm? like engine hoist or jack it up?

RMM is bad, so gonna leave the car on rhino ramp for a few days, ok to just leave it up like that? or again use engine hoist or jack it up to take weight off the engine, or no need?

When I was trying to get last few bolts the whole engine and tranny moved some when I was getting the bolts. Kinda INTERESTING when the engine and tranny was right on top of me! (2014 FoST)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.