Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Hmmm

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 ·
Sooo according to Ford the 2.0l power plant in the ST is close to its limits as far as hp and tq go. They said that without major turbo and fuel system upgrades there is not much more power you can get out of them. Idk but I am hoping they are alittle off and we can still get good numbers from them.

#3 ·
Hum, they are at 126HP per L... pretty stout. That is almost 600 in a 4.6L V8. The almighty 2013 Shelby has less HP per L at 120.4. My 04 Cobra is at the limits without major $ being spent at 157HP per L (but it did take a lot of $ to get there).

So with all that said I sort of wonder about the capability of the all aluminum block to go much further... well I am positive Ford is a good conservative % below the capability of the motor for longevity. It will be interesting when someone finds the limit. But I do agree with Sleepin 4.6 people will find 300 when they get the tuning down pat.

#5 ·
Hope it doesn't go the same way it did over at the Mazda forums with the Speed3 and Speed6. One by one, the cars with power mods started throwing rods. Lots of carnage on that site.

If the new Cadillac ATS 2.0 is any indicator, I don't see why you couldn't pump it up to at least 272 hp. That's not a lot of gain over 252...but it's closer to 300!

#9 ·
I wonder what the limits of the stock engine is after you doa turbo and fuel upgrades.

My '93 Mitsu Eclipse GSX was putting out 400 crankhorse from it's 2.0 with just a turbo,injectors and a fuel pump upgrade and over 8 years I never touched the engine but I didn't want to push it too far past that number.

#11 ·
At the SEMA Show Cosworth introduced the 330hp ST.

http://s1.aecdn.com/images/news/gallery/2012-sema-ford-focus-cosworth-cs330-live-photos_19.jpg

Interesting to see that PUMA Speed states that the small turbo on the ST is designed to spool very quick and is chocked out about 300hp. The stage 1 turbo upgrade offers:

Larger Billet Compressor Wheel
Cut Back Blades for extra flow.
Uprated Motorsport Thrust Bearing

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Stage-1-Hybrid-Focus-ST250-EcoBoost-Turbocharger_15694.jsp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.