Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Video: 2013 Focus ST with Steeda CAI

7K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  egbertnr 
#1 ·
Check out our new video of a customer's 2013 Focus ST dynoing with our (still under development) CAI:

Dyno pull of a 2013 Ford Focus ST using Steeda Cold Air Intake without tune. Dyno pull using customer car. Steeda's cold air intake for the Focus ST will be available soon at: http://www.steedafocus.com

#2 ·
Were the two numbers off back to back runs, or was the stock dyno from a previous time?

#5 ·
Back to back runs. Just enough time to get the temps down so they car ran at the same temp though. Both runs were made within an hour or so.

That engine needs stronger mounts, ASAP!
The car currently has an upgraded Steeeda rear mount actually. So you're seeing less flex than a stock car in this video.

#10 ·
Glad you are enjoying it ... yes the difference can be noticed easily!

Best Regards,

TJ

#12 ·
Live, and in color.

My "mechanic" consulting with me over preassembly

Preassembly done

Honkin' big air filter! Much larger than the AEM unit I had on my '03WRX!

Hoping to install on Tuesday! [headbang]

#15 ·
Hi Bertozx3,

This question tends to pop up a lot, so a search may have yielded a faster answer, but that being said, no, installing an after market air intake will not void your warranty. The dealership/repair shop would have to prove that a failure or repair was caused by the aftermarket part in order to void the warranty, which is frankly quite difficult to do, especially for an air intake. It would have had to have been installed incorrectly and caused obvious damage for it to potentially be an issue. There are laws in place protecting such things, though frankly, don't care to take my own advice. If you are ok receiving ad-lib advice, then that's what I can offer [8D]

#17 ·
After tuning my truck f150 ecoboost with sct and afe stage 2 intake...really looking forward to similar mods on my st. Tune will give me yhe power and the intake will give sound. I did back to backs on my intake for my truck and didnt gain a thing. So my thoughts on intakes in very skeptical of any gains.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.