PCV Question and Vacuum hose routing? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Focus-Power Tuning

Focus-Power Tuning Discuss about forced induction upgrades and performance tuning for your Ford Focus.
Sponsored By: Focus-Power

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2006, 10:03 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 666
What I Drive: 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo, 2002 SVT

Points 578, Level 11
Points: 578, Level: 11 Points: 578, Level: 11 Points: 578, Level: 11
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 FocusPR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
PCV Question and Vacuum hose routing?

Currently I have my PCV connected to a hose that is going into the atmosphere, should this be connected back to the manifold?. On the Valve cover I have a small filter. The reason why I'm asking this is everytime I floor it, it just feels like it does not want to go over the 4500 rpm range as it just blows the air out somewhere. The way I have my hose setup is like this:

I have a hose from the evolution wastegate to a manual knob and the other side of the manual knob to the turbo.

I have a Godzilla blow off valve and have a hose going from the top to a tee'd line that goes from the manifold to the fuel transducer on the left of the fuel rail and closer to the throttle I also tee'd of this line for my boost gauge.

I also have a hose going from the throttle to the map.

I might have the last two the other way around, I'll check when I get home, but does this sound right for both situations?.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2006, 11:30 AM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 27765
What I Drive: 02 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 2.0TooSlow Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Get rid of the filter. I had the same problem. I would hit 6000rpm and just POUR oil out of the filter, as well as bog like I hit a limiter.

Run both the PCV and valve cover to a hose that dumps on the ground.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:59 AM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Points 578, Level 11
Level Up 56% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Quote:
Originally posted by 2.0TooSlow
Get rid of the filter. I had the same problem. I would hit 6000rpm and just POUR oil out of the filter, as well as bog like I hit a limiter.

Run both the PCV and valve cover to a hose that dumps on the ground.
I'm gonna do that today. What difference does it make this way? is there less pressure because of the length of the hose?. I sure hope this solves it, I just want to know what is the science behind it?. Is the filter restricting the pressure?. Will oil come out of the hose?. Thanks.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:56 PM   #4
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 53,445, Level 100
Points: 53,445, Level: 100 Points: 53,445, Level: 100 Points: 53,445, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 45%
Activity: 45% Activity: 45% Activity: 45%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Currently I have my PCV connected to a hose that is going into the atmosphere, should this be connected back to the manifold?.
*No leave it like it is your fine

On the Valve cover I have a small filter.
*Replace this with a long hose going to the bottom of the oil pan or there abouts only for the reason to keep oil from going all over your engine

The reason why I'm asking this is everytime I floor it, it just feels like it does not want to go over the 4500 rpm range as it just blows the air out somewhere. The way I have my hose setup is like this:
*The hose or filter would have nothing to do with how the engine runs

I have a hose from the evolution wastegate to a manual knob and the other side of the manual knob to the turbo.
*You should be coming from the bottom fitting of the EVO to the controller then from the controller to the turbo or intake for the psi signal the top fitting or hole of the EVO leave empty

I have a Godzilla blow off valve and have a hose going from the top to a tee'd line that goes from the manifold to the fuel transducer on the left of the fuel rail and closer to the throttle I also tee'd of this line for my boost gauge.
*Try staying away from teeing off any of the fuel Vac lines , If a line comes off you would loose boost signal to the fuel and that could be bad

I also have a hose going from the throttle to the map.
*This should be coming from the intake or anywhere there is a dedicated line that only goes to the MAP sensor

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 08-11-2006, 09:36 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Points 578, Level 11
Level Up 56% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Tom,

Thanks for your reply. I will try all of this today and let you know. I wish I had the money to fly you over here (PR)
Old 08-11-2006, 07:46 PM   #6
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 53,445, Level 100
Points: 53,445, Level: 100 Points: 53,445, Level: 100 Points: 53,445, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 45%
Activity: 45% Activity: 45% Activity: 45%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
LOL, I do to

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 08-11-2006, 11:44 PM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 19248
What I Drive: 2006 Subaru WRX STi

FF Reputation: 1 mike 1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Silly question, but have you gapped your plugs to the .032-.035 range?? You might just be blowing the spark out. Mine was doing the same...4500 and it felt like a soft rev limiter and wouldnt go any further under 50%-100% throttle...

Mike S.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:54 AM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Points 578, Level 11
Level Up 56% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Quote:
Originally posted by mike 1
Silly question, but have you gapped your plugs to the .032-.035 range?? You might just be blowing the spark out. Mine was doing the same...4500 and it felt like a soft rev limiter and wouldnt go any further under 50%-100% throttle...
I guess I have something else to check. I've been driving it for2 days now since changing all the vacuum lines and I've been hitting lot's of stop and go traffic. I really have not boosted it hard if not at all so that I can at least get to work. On Friday evening I will floor it and test it out in case I get the same problem I'll be able to work on it over the weekend. Thanks, and I'll keep U guys posted.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.