is stage 1 a HERO? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Focus-Power Tuning

Focus-Power Tuning Discuss about forced induction upgrades and performance tuning for your Ford Focus.
Sponsored By: Focus-Power

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2005, 03:11 PM   #1
Gan-San!

Fan#: 1411
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 5 focusonthefocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
is stage 1 a HERO?

Tom, you posted, "Most people dont install FI to make getting around town more fun , If people want FI for around town driving they need a jrsc and save all the money the jrsc is PERFECT for that."

There might be a biased answer, but I'd still like to hear it. I'm looking at FI for the stated reason above, however, the JRSC isn't a turbo.

QUESTION:
Hence, is your turbo, in it's stage 1 form, a hero enough to pound on the SRT-4's and WRX's that keep mocking me openly on the street? Is it legal?

Focus on the Mountain
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2005, 05:47 PM   #2
Banned

Fan#: 953
What I Drive: 2002 zx3 BAN MC DONALDS

FF Reputation: 1 focus mike Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
its not legal depending on your states emitions.

however it is a hero. i can run a 13 qt mile on a good day with a tire.

id say its hero enough. plus turbo kits shit on superchargers. it is so damn easy to upgrade to get more power if you want too, where-as a sc you need to do a lot to get a little power, and then you void the jrsc warranty anyways. also you will not match the tq a turbo puts out on a sc application.

look at my signature. 200/200 not bad, definatly a ton of fun to drive. i dont fear cars on the street anymore.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:55 PM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4767
What I Drive: 07 F one-fiddy

FF Reputation: 8 Poney Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I like supercharges better because theres no dreaded turbo lag, and you get the power through the RPM scale. Turbos do put out more power, but if your just a street driver, i would go for the SC.

** and wuts up with mcdonalds mike ??
Old 10-05-2005, 06:47 PM   #4
Banned

check out my thread in the offtopic forum.

"IN NEED SUPPORT" thats what its called. join me and ban those nazi's

modern turbo's are virtually lag-free. i can hit boost almost instantanously. AND WHEN it hits IT HITS HARD!
Old 10-05-2005, 07:06 PM   #5
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 53,004, Level 100
Points: 53,004, Level: 100 Points: 53,004, Level: 100 Points: 53,004, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 44%
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally posted by Poney
I like supercharges better because theres no dreaded turbo lag,
This just isnt the case , My turbo will come on when you want it , it isnt like mash the throttle then 1.5 to 3 Sec later the turbo makes boost , Ask Mike and others thay have my kit

Quote:
Originally posted by Poney
and you get the power through the RPM scale.
The only place a SC out does a Turbo is below 2800 to 3000 , and just how often are you that low , Unless your doing some of that PW famed 60 foot racing

The STG1 is very smooth and comes on as aggressive as you want it to ,

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 10-05-2005, 07:11 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 26883
What I Drive: 2003 Dark Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 zx3Fletch Good Standing Member
turbos just arent practical for alot of people (like me)...and with slight effort they (a jrsc bbk) can beat those pesky srt-4's and wrx's......its also legal

Starting fund for Jrsc/BBK
Mods: AEM CAI, Magnaflow, 17'' white rally rims, trim kit
Old 10-05-2005, 07:12 PM   #7
Regulator...mount up

Fan#: 3062
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black SVT

Points 5,930, Level 49
Points: 5,930, Level: 49 Points: 5,930, Level: 49 Points: 5,930, Level: 49
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 28 PapoSwing Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Quote:
The only place a SC out does a Turbo is below 2800 to 3000 , and just how often are you that low , Unless your doing some of that PW famed 60 foot racing
Exactly, that's why if you're just gonna drive around town a JRSC is a great option. If u want more go with the turbo, simple.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:31 PM   #8
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 53,004, Level 100
Points: 53,004, Level: 100 Points: 53,004, Level: 100 Points: 53,004, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 44%
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
If you going to stay under 3000 all day never mash the gas for fun why install FI at all and just buy a Hugo

Maybe your SRT-4 are slower where your at but a box stock SRT-4 will kick the crap out of a jrsc BBK ZX3 , The local here that has one (jrsc) just gave up trying

Like i said if your looking to get the ice cream home before it melts and just want a 28 to 3500 car than the jrsc will be fine , Now take into account that 5 of my customers this year alone wanted the same thing and are now in one of my turbo kits keep in mind that boost is adictive and once you have it you allways will want that little more and the jrsc just cant fill that need so choose wisely or do a few boltons and let it go

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 10-05-2005, 08:41 PM   #9
Banned

the for standard driving a stock focus is fine.

zx3fletch, a jrsc with the bbk will still not even beat my stg1 turbo kit.

now keep in mind with the bbk you alread swaped the pully so you are about maxed out. UNLESS you do a methonal injection kit to cool off the charge. but now your messing with other things. snow performance on mcnews automotive.com is what you can buy.

another thing is if you wanna play with methonal injection, i can too. methonal injection is a UNIVERSAL KIT. i can put it on my turbo too, and its a great solution to get more hp outta your kit, however it is like fuel. it WILL run out but its so cheap that thats really not an issue.

with my stg1 kit instead of doing the methonal injection i can get one of those shiney radiators you know what im saying

that way my intake charge is colder and guess what, a shiney radiator lasts forever where as methonal doesnt.

its kinda like nitrous but like i said if i wanted extra power i could still put the methonal injection kit on top of it.

the stg1 turbo with GOOD TUNING WILL COST YOU 4k dollars out the door, install is easy if you crafty with the tools, i would seek professonal installation just to insure you dont screw something up.

then you need to pay for it to get actually dyno tuned. w/o proper dyno tuning your motor can and most likely will blow up real fast.

ive had this stg1 on my car for a few months and have done around town driving, highway driving and its great.

i know where your coming from because before i blew my wad of cash on my car i really wanted to get a lil jrsc, I DID SO MUCH REASEARCH. a standard zetec motor with a jrsc is gunna only make around 150 hp and i think 130+ tq.

thats not all that impressive....

its your money but for every day driving the turbo works great too and its not being used all the time. i can drive around all day w/o boost but when i wanna boost IM BOOSTIN. do some homework ask around on the boards.

im saying do turbo cause you wont regret it and im not trying to kiss tom's ass because i bought the kit. im stateing a fact when i say ITS A GOOD KIT!

AMS automotorsports or amstuned.com thats where my friends work and they are top notch when it comes to turbo work. they break many records all the time and have one of the fastest evo lancers and fastest srt-4.

they told me the kit was very nice quality. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. tom charges a shit load for his kit, but you know what I PROMISE YOU, once you get bored with your jrsc if you get it your gunna want more power and you wont be able to, or you can just upgrade the shit outta it, and then your gunna pay more money than the stg1 kit.

good luck, do some homework and have fun.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:11 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23873
What I Drive: svt

FF Reputation: 2 spool3dSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
good luck trying to beat an SRT with any form of JRSC

just get a turbo and call it a day

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.