My Tuning Experience with Tom - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Focus-Power Tuning

Focus-Power Tuning Discuss about forced induction upgrades and performance tuning for your Ford Focus.
Sponsored By: Focus-Power

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2015, 11:11 PM   #1
Focus Rookie
Fan#: 115526
What I Drive: 2009 Sangria Red SES Coupe

Points 33, Level 1
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 1 Parasuv0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My Tuning Experience with Tom

Ok, so I was totally new to the world of modding, so I bought an X4 from an autoparts place around here.

Noone knew what to do with it, so I began searching the internet and found this site!

I had already put an MagnaFlow catback and K&N intake in the car, and wondered why at times it would choke out, this was rectified by the base tune, and I was happy!!!

Finding out that such a service was available all through the internet was a tad freaky for me , cause I know nothing about cars at the time.

I have however been exposed to a hell of a lot of things in researching now!

My car was abit difficult at times for sure, SCT needs to keep working on getting things perfect, as getting the datalog to log my car was super hard, one of the very few cars that somehow had a problem.

My car is like me , super finicky I guess, it just HAD to be difficult as hell.

The free updates are key here, I added a race header, and I had done just about 25 logs to find out my cars reasons for being so dam stubborn, Tom phoned me and said he would not give up and it was true, the car now runs like I imagined it could, perhaps better before I began all of this.

150 bucks for the amount of time he has spent on this car from thousands of miles away seems like a steal looking back, I will likely do a turbo next year and cannot wait to debug the silly car lol.

This car was difficult as all getout, because of faulty 02 and other things but somehow the perseverance paid off, and now it is very unique in this area, sounds great and no one can tune it here, and provide follow up service.

Will do a log maybe next week and see if its 99 or 100%, its somewhere in that region now.

Thanks Tom, this weekend I go for a long burn in the car, maybe I will drive to Carolina next year hahah!

K+N intake, MagnaFlow Catback, AR103, FSWerks Race Header and Flex, VF Rear Engine Mount, Tuned by Tom.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2015, 03:26 PM   #2
FF Affiliate
Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 57,378, Level 100
Points: 57,378, Level: 100 Points: 57,378, Level: 100 Points: 57,378, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 89%
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%
FF Reputation: 156 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
I am glad you are enjoying your Tune , Please let me know if you need anything

Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Phone: 704-249-3745

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 07-30-2015, 05:31 PM   #3
Focus Fanatic
Fan#: 224858
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Bk FF Titanium HB DCT

Points 5,628, Level 48
Points: 5,628, Level: 48 Points: 5,628, Level: 48 Points: 5,628, Level: 48
Level Up 39% Completed
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Forum Activity 48%
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%
FF Reputation: 5 FFhb13 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Good to looking at a tune soon, leaning towards tom so far
FS Werks intake w/MST Hose - CFM Rmm - Snorkel byebye - ST Exhaust (not installed yet) - FS Werks header (not installed yet) - ijdmtoy drl triangles
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Your real name.
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.