Stage 1 Turbo Vs. JRSC? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Focus-Power Tuning

Focus-Power Tuning Discuss about forced induction upgrades and performance tuning for your Ford Focus.
Sponsored By: Focus-Power

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2005, 01:33 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10382
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 2002silversvt5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Stage 1 Turbo Vs. JRSC?

Hello Tom:
I have some questions about your Stage 1 Turbo kit. For the price of it in comparison with the jrsc for the SVT, which would I being see better results from?
From what I understand, to make the JRSC really perform well, it would probably be best to get the injectors and recal MAF from you along with a 200 FI tune.
We're looking at 2500 for the JRSC and about 1000+ for the MIC kit for a good total of 3500+.
I know your stage 1 turbo runs for about 3000 plus about 1000 for the MIC, so we're only looking at about 500 or so more.

I question is, will the turbo produce more power at a safe boost setting like 6-9 psi than the jrsc would at a similiar setting?

Furthermore, is it completely necessary for the turbo to be dyno tuned or is a similiar flash tune like the jrsc tune available?

As always, it is all about what plans I have for my car. I'm just looking for streetable boost for a fun daily driver. The turbo just seems like a better system for the SVT with much less parasitic loss. Another thing for me is to retain the characteristics of the 4 cylinder. If I really wanted more torque down low, I would have definitely bought a 6 or 8 cylinder. I would imagine that gas mileage is good as long as I stay of the boost when I don't need it correct?

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

-Art

P.S. Without an intercooler, is it possible to utilize an AEM CAI with the turbo system or is the stock system better for this?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2005, 02:26 PM   #2
Banned

Fan#: 953
What I Drive: 2002 zx3 BAN MC DONALDS

FF Reputation: 1 focus mike Good Standing Member
your aem c.a.i you can sell because its getting THROW THE F$%K AWAY!

your torque for a turbo will shit on a supercharger.

ok the jrsc is a very small modification for what you get. it doesnt put out that much power in stock jrsc form, to make the power and the torque tom's turbo will put out you would have to upgrade the jrsc, thus voiding its warranty, also spending more money in the process.

jrsc uses a black box tuning with is garbage anyways so im glad you want to get a better form of tuning.

i was in exactly you same shoes and right now tom is making my stg1 right this moment and hopefully it is going smoothly for him.

ok now check this out i was going to buy a jrsc too at 1 point. in a few more months i will post up dyno results on how his turbo kit did on my car.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:29 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1159
What I Drive: SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 JRSCSVT Good Standing Member
Take it from me...do his stage 1. The turbo will be much more enjoyable for you.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:54 PM   #4
Regulator...mount up

Fan#: 3062
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black SVT

Points 5,930, Level 49
Points: 5,930, Level: 49 Points: 5,930, Level: 49 Points: 5,930, Level: 49
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 28 PapoSwing Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
In turns of reliability will Tom's stg 1 be better than that of a jrsc? I drive my car daily and would probably boost it often around town, I want the kit to keep cool and be able to take the rigors of daily driving. I'm in the midwest were it get's pretty warm and humid in the summer.

JRSCSVT, are you enjoying that 14psi jrsc? or are you thinking you should have gone with a turbo?

Last edited by PapoSwing; 05-31-2005 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:26 PM   #5
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 54,041, Level 100
Points: 54,041, Level: 100 Points: 54,041, Level: 100 Points: 54,041, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 52%
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Yes my STG1 kit will out do the jrsc from about 3000 RPM on in TQ and HP and the upgradeability is also much better

I think everyone else covered the other questions

Let me know if you have any more

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 05-31-2005, 05:41 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by PapoSwing

JRSCSVT, are you enjoying that 14psi jrsc? or are you thinking you should have gone with a turbo?
I enjoy it very much. But, to make the car have any real trq I have to spray. The 75 shot is pretty nice on top of the blower, but a lot more trq/hp could be made with a turbo alone. I am going turbo for sure at some point, but dont regret any time I have had with the JRSC.
If the stage one was available (or had I known it was available) from Tom for the SVT back when I got my JRSC I would have got the turbo more than likely....my blower kit is over 2 years old.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:15 PM   #7
Banned

Fan#: 953
What I Drive: 2002 zx3 BAN MC DONALDS

FF Reputation: 1 focus mike Good Standing Member
yea but isnt that blower supposed to last the lifetime of the car???

correct me if im wrong but i thought those things where supposed to last a long time.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:26 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Sure they are suppose to last a very long time...but, I inject methanol/water, nitrous, and fuel (wet shot) into my blower, so Im not expecting the blower to last as long. Its still running strong to this day, its just a turbo is much easier to gain hp/trq with.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.