Tom and his customer service... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Focus-Power Tuning

Focus-Power Tuning Discuss about forced induction upgrades and performance tuning for your Ford Focus.
Sponsored By: Focus-Power

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2006, 06:54 PM   #1
I miss my Turbo SVTF

Fan#: 6849
What I Drive: 1988 Mazda 323 GTX

FF Reputation: 1 Darth Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Tom and his customer service...

I just want to let everyone know about a recent experience with Tom. I had him build me a badass motor for my beloved SVT Focus. I chose to go with his full long block, VCT Delete, and some billet and ARP goodies.

I'm not going to go into huge detail, but I got my motor back and its beautiful! The job he did is outstanding. The only trouble I had was a minor damage in shipping. I notified Tom and he was all over it! He has been going well out of his way to help get the problem resolved, get my motor back and fixed in a super timely fashion and then back to me.

I really wish I could get Tom to do some work on my 1.6 DOHC Turbo motor in my 323 GTX.

He is a great great man, and all the nay sayers have no right to talk bad about him. He has been a great person from the day I bought his turbo kit in the beginning to today. His customer service is OUTSTANDING!

Thank you Tom!

Corksport IC, CFDF Clutch, 2.5" Turboback, Konis,
Suspension Tech Springs, 22mm Rear Sway, + More.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2006, 07:01 PM   #2
/fail

Fan#: 2799
What I Drive: F150 FX4

Points 9,721, Level 66
Points: 9,721, Level: 66 Points: 9,721, Level: 66 Points: 9,721, Level: 66
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 rfinger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
^^Thanks for the info man. Ill be honest I used to have mixed feelings towards Tom but that was because of a influence known as Hypnotic Illusions Auto but now that Wayne has really everyone over and Tom has been nothing but stellar I will be def hitting Tom up for a diablo.

"When everything works, it's a sheer joy to drive." - Jeremy Clarkson
Old 12-11-2006, 08:05 PM   #3
I miss my Turbo SVTF

You will LOVE dealing with Tom, he's so laid back and is an absolute pleasure to deal with. I've never had any problems getting anything taken care of by him. He is an absolutely awesome awesome person to interact with!!

I only wish he'd make a Manifold/ Downpipe for my 323 GTX...
Old 12-11-2006, 09:57 PM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 27586
What I Drive: '04 Mazdaspeed Mx-5, '72 M35A2

FF Reputation: 27 arrestmespi Great Standing Member
tom did you ship the prp by chance?
Old 12-11-2006, 10:35 PM   #5
FF's Quadriplegic!

Fan#: 13465
What I Drive: 2.3 ATX-RSVT

Points 10,174, Level 67
Points: 10,174, Level: 67 Points: 10,174, Level: 67 Points: 10,174, Level: 67
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 15 Rudel Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Awsome Darth! Is this 1 of 3 of the 2.3 Stroker kits that Tom is working on? This can only mean one thing! Mine should be nearing completion too....hehehe.

Do send some pics!!!

Part III: Install Handicap Driving Controls
Ma Cah: http://imgur.com/a/TuyYL
Old 12-12-2006, 10:43 AM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2139
What I Drive: E90 335i, 2002 E53 X5 4.4i

FF Reputation: 28 SpeedOften Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudel View Post
Awsome Darth! Is this 1 of 3 of the 2.3 Stroker kits that Tom is working on? This can only mean one thing! Mine should be nearing completion too....hehehe.

Do send some pics!!!
x2 with the pics if it's ok with tom..

and I agree, Tom kicks ass.. When you're there getting a car tuned he doens't mind answering your questions and helps explain a lot of things...
Old 12-12-2006, 11:03 AM   #7
all grown up

Fan#: 29834
What I Drive: 2006 Toyota tacoma work truck

Points 11,191, Level 69
Points: 11,191, Level: 69 Points: 11,191, Level: 69 Points: 11,191, Level: 69
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 turbovation Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Kickass! I'm glad to see Tom's hard work being recognized and praised so highly. You can't run a respectable business, especially one in the car industry, without having a serious passion for your profession. It's obvious to me that Tom put's a lot of time and effort into his work and pleasing his customer's. I will definitely do business with him! Great Review Darth!

How are the numbers on your motor??? It must be so damn sexy man...I can't even imagine. When I am making enough money, this will definitely be something I look into for my SVT. I mean, I already have everything I could need in a luxury vehicle, and it handle's better than anything for the price. ALL I need is a quaife and endless tire shredding power, and I will be all set! I can't think of a better means to finding this power than to go to Tom for a built up motor.

Rock on!

Oh yah, and enix gets a negative rep point for that BS!
Old 12-13-2006, 07:47 PM   #8
Cashed in my chips

Fan#: 8133
What I Drive: notafocus

FF Reputation: 4 revamp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
I'm glad someone else is sharing their awesome experiences w/ Tom. I was one of his first-run of SVT's he did tuning for on the "new" (at the time) predator. He was great to deal with then (2 yrs ago!) and has been great ever since. He doesn't care that I bought just one small product from him 2 years ago, he's still there via email, IM, or phone anytime I request a new tune or have a focus-related question.

This past summer, I went FI and asked him if he could do a long-distance tune for me through data-logging and email. He said that although he could, that the better thing for me and my car would be to get a local shop to tune my car up on the dyno. He could have told me, "Sure, I'll send you some tunes" and made a couple bills.

Instead, since I couldn't find a dyno shop w/ focus experience in my area, he offered to help the dyno shop I chose over the phone w/ any questions or problems they had.

Tom is class act, period. He loves what he does and only has people's best interests in mind. The best small-business owner I've ever dealt with.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:20 PM   #9
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I can't help but agree with everyone else so far...I had Tom put a Quaife and 4.06 gears in my transmission back in May of 2005 and my experience with his customer service was outstanding...he went out of his way to pick me up and drop me off at the hotel I was staying at, as well as take me out to dinner one night. If he was still doing turbo kits there's no question where I'd go. In fact, out of my entire trip to NC my dealings with Tom were the high point, although that's largely because I went down there for my friend's wedding and we ended up getting snubbed by his in-laws (pretty much anyone he invited, including his parents and sister) shortly after the wedding because we were "from up-north."
Old 12-13-2006, 09:22 PM   #10
I miss my Turbo SVTF

^ Agreed. Though, I'm opposite, I've given Tom a lot of my business, and I dont regret at all. He is an absolute pleasure to deal with. The fact that he was willing to help your local dyno facility over the phone doesnt suprise me one bit. All he wants to do is make his customers happy. No one provides the level of customer service that he does. That simply put is why he is my engine builder. I could've gone anywhere, but I chose a guy I've never met in person; based soley on reputation. Price wasnt a consideration - and it shouldn't be when you want the job done right the first time.

C'mon people, keep the kind remarks for a great man coming!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.