Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (
-   Fanatics: Texas (
-   -   getting a crotch rocket (

FLYLOW 01-13-2012 08:45 PM

getting a crotch rocket
any help on what i need to get? i searched the web site and i already know i need a moto licence and take a class and stuff. co-workers keep saying i shouldnt get a bike in houston cause people drive crazy but i tell them if i survived driving and riding in san juan since i was 16 i can drive anywhere here.

whats the fee? i need this before i purchase one i guess, but how do i go and take the test? without a bike? didnt need a moto licence back home

tukaniSVT 01-13-2012 11:31 PM

You do need a M-License here and it's only like a day of training to get it.

A couple of my buddies did it a few months back so ride their newly acquired CrouchRockets.

If Russell, jumps on ... he would be able to answer more for you.


scoutout 01-14-2012 09:00 AM

i took the msf class here at ft.hood. then after i was done took the test to get my class m. i strongly say take a msf class it will help out alot.

captcomputer 01-16-2012 11:22 PM

It will teach you how to ride properly. Hopefully break some bad habits. It is well worth the experience. I had been a rider for 15 years before I took this class and was completlely impressed with the additional skils I never knew I could have.

Its a two day class, first one is part classroom and then part parking lot, to get familiar with the bikes. Little 250's at that.
Second day is all ride techniques. Best part of the class in my opinion.

Once you get the cert from the class, go take the written and you're endorsed with CM on your license.
Then send off for the No-Helmet sticker for your license if you are ever inclinded to do such a thing. Oh and sign a donor card to while you're at it.

I have never been a crotch rocket kind of guy as I know how I am on my Sport Cruiser. Guy like me doesnt need a bike like that.

Good luck with your purchase and let us know what you get. PICs that is, words are useless. :-)

SPRAYPAINT 01-17-2012 02:54 PM

I say get a Honda Ruckus! lol Not much of a "rocket" but will get a lot of looks.

FLYLOW 01-17-2012 05:34 PM

^ hell no!!! lol! might as well get a ninja 250. looks mean until you hit the gas and listen to it :S

fast*st 01-17-2012 05:38 PM

Well, what's your purpose? figure that out then find the bike to match. If you like shifting, get a peaky tweaky small inline 4, if you don't like shifting and might like to take a ride up into the hills, perhaps a nice Honda V4 VFR might be a good choice. I imagine the course fee will be about $230 or so and might include the license upgrade, depends on the state. Biggest thing and off topic, All the gear, all the time, ATGATT, no exposed skin, it helps you stick around longer.

FLYLOW 01-17-2012 06:56 PM

going to work, having something else i can use just in case my focus breaks down or to alternate it with so i dont put many miles on it. Home-work is about a 15 min drive, 40% on highway 59 then 60% on high way 45.

had an r1 before, thats prob what ill get again. 600? ill think about it but ill prob end up wanting more power after 1-2 months of having it so idk

fast*st 01-17-2012 08:22 PM

Heh, yes cause 185mph isn't fast enough :) its all good a used bike won't loose much value, sell it for what you bought it for.

FLYLOW 01-17-2012 08:41 PM

yup searching craigs list ive seen a few in the $4000-$4500 range, thats what im looking for

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.