Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Tri-City Tour or Austin Annual.

Texas Focus Roundup

15K views 145 replies 29 participants last post by  tukaniSVT 
#1 ·
Ok, I have a question.

Would you like to keep the Tri-City rotation going? (Dallas, Houston, Austin)

or

Make it an Annual Event in Austin. (Lime Creek Road)

Just trying to get a feel for next spring.

#2 ·
Seeing as how it was in austin and dont take this wrong way but unorganized, i would prefer houston or dallas. Not that it wasnt fun it austin it just seemed unorganized when no one knew where to go and blah blah.
Posted via FF Mobile

#3 ·
well.. I personally like the tri city bit.. BUT... it always seems more people show up to the austin one... So, we could have change of scenery vs not many showing or we could have same ole thing but lots of people showing...

i went with the tri-city just b/c i like the "different things each year" aspect.

#5 ·
I also agree with the Tri-City ... I assume when more San Antonio peeps come forth ... we will make the Round up a Quad City set up.

-Ray-

#8 ·
Gathering of our TX Focus and surrounding States' Foci.

It's usually a group of about 30-40 cars. And If I remember we hit a high attendance this last trip.

Lots of fun to see everyone and good people.

-Ray-

#10 ·
I like the idea of moving around, but I'm more in favor of going to other places than Austin, Houston and Dallas every time. How about We go to Padre and take over the Island? Just throwing it out there that there's more to Texas than these 3 Cities and a shitload of desert.

#11 ·
Let's keep it moving around, and I don't see it being a bad idea that we move it around TX? Keeps things fresh and who doesn't like getting lost in a place they don't know where they are going, am I right? lol

#12 ·
I would like to attend this event next year. I just need more details of when, where, how much $$$, ect. Is this a family event or for adult crowds? My 3 year old would really like to join me at these meets.

#16 ·
We usually post up the details and info a month to 2 months prior to give people time to save money and request time away from work and such.

-Ray-

#17 ·
We usually post up the details and info a month to 2 months prior to give people time to save money and request time away from work and such.

-Ray-

#20 ·
^^ Well the smaller cities is not a bad idea ... just not all of us know of what to do in a small city.

And the round up is to bring people to member's cities in the TX region. Without any support in an area ... it makes it hard to plan out what to do and also not something a large group of us would want to do.

-Ray-

#21 · (Edited)
for instance..

there are 4 of us that are in Abilene.. I know thats not a lot but here are the advantages to using a small town:

cheaper hotel prices
less patroled roads
LESS traffic
Home cooked food
Cheaper dragway

there is a place to go kart, puttput and bowl

there are some good roads around Abilene..

plus out in the State Park.. we could Camp for 8bucks and have a 2day cookout

#22 ·
Well I haven't known any of us to need hotel rooms. We usually just caravan up there and back the same day. I'm all about cheaper, and I been wanting to have a event a drag strip. Always looking for ways to break my car lol

#27 ·
to be honest, I thought noone would go for Abilene.

tentative places for events.

Friday night?
Eat dinner at Chilis South 6:30 pm
Drive out to the Strip and Race (http://www.abilenedragstrip.com/) Its an 1/8 mile track

Saturday Mid morning
Photo shoot (Tommy can pick a good local spot)
Drive out to the State Part for a cookout

Lunch/Hangout and Cruise 12-4pm

Afternoon
4:30 Drive back to Abilene
Have fun at PrimeTime
They have Go-karts (very slick track), Putt-putt and bowling
http://primetimeabilene.com/

map of park and surrounding roads
http://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...-99.882217&qpvt=abilene+state+park&FORM=MIRE#

#28 ·
Well, like Paul stated, we haven't done a 2 day trip on the RoundUps before.

But considering the distance to Abilene ... hmm.

-Ray-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.