Focus Fanatics Forum banner

any modifacations for the 2012 focus SEL

4K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  SPRAYPAINT 
#1 ·
hey people in the texas area, i have a new 2012 ford focus SEL race red and i really like it but i would really like to put a cold air intake, new full exuast, and a engine front mount.

does any one know a good place to go for these parts or if they are even worth it? i would really love to hear your feed back on this

thanks[:)]

#2 ·
What would u need a front mount for? just asking since i don't know if yours is turboed yet or not. I don't know about the others yet.check out fswerks.com

#5 ·
K & N intake is about it right now I think. Maybe a few suspension suppliers. If by front mount you mean intercooler then that is only for a turbo setup. Otherwise there is no front mount anything that you would need. Exhaust should be coming but will only give you a couple hp at the very top end by its self. You could check european sites since the US 2012 has been out over there for well over a year.

#7 ·
You know this is kinda scary about the 2012. When the 2000 model year came out there was already some aftermarket support from Ford and a few others. This 2012 has no support from the get go which kinda scares me from a performance perspective.

#8 ·
It's going to be a while. The ride is still too new.

They are just now getting parts out for the Fiesta ... and those are still pretty scarce.

Patience, those parts will begin to pop up soon.

-Ray-

#11 ·
Well, with all of the electronics that are on the newer cars ... I would be careful using the Universal mods.

Why not just start with a K&N air Filter? In the past rides, the K&N drop in showed the same amount of gain as a Short Ram Intake. Just a thought to start.

I know that Borla makes a full exhaust for the new 2012s ... but it is hella expensive right now.

-Ray-

#14 ·
I am a newbie to this forum but have been on FocalJet for a couple months. I am also a newbie to the Focus scene as well.

Here is what I have found:
1. There is a guy on FJ that has made his own ram air intake that looks great, sounds great, costs about $45 to do it, and from the top of the engine area you can barely see it. It looks stock.

2. I have a prototype coilover suspension that will be in next week. This is a company that is well know and has built components for the Focus for years. I will post pictures and tell the company as soon as the parts are installed on the car and all works great.

3. You can cut the very last muffler off the rear and install a tip on the driver side or put a pipe in the muffler's place and have the exhaust exit the passenger side the same as factory. This does not make the car very loud at all (check on youtube, there is already a video). No dyno runs have been made to see if the power is increase or not.

4. Steeda has came out with a 1" rear sway bar.

5. The rear suspension is the same as the 2010+ Mazda 3 and the 2007+ Volvo C30. The front suspension is the same as well. The only differances are the spring rates. This beeing said you can search 2010+ Mazda 3 suspension parts and they will bolt up.

6. Eibach has their Prokit out. It lowers the car about .8"

I have spent countless hours at work (Louetta Automotive) getting specs, prices and part designs for the 2012s. If you have a question I will be more than happy to try and help!

#15 ·
Whoa man! Thanks that's alot of info! And about that ram intake do you know where I could find that, and I understand being new to the focus forums cuz I am to am I just got this new 2012 SEL focus and am constantly having to learn what parts can go where and how to do it

#18 ·
The wife just texted me!!!!!!!! My coilovers are at my house! anyone is invited to come over and help or just watch. I think my house would look sweet with several custom "FOCI" sitting in front of it! My neighbors will like it as well!

#19 ·
The cat is out of the bag! I installed a set of KSport coil overs and they fit and ride VERY nice! I have it lowered about 2.5 inches. The hit is the exact same for the 2010+ Mazda 3. I will have pictures soon to follow.

#23 ·
I believe that the Mazda 3 and Focus have the Ford Global C1 platform. I will check into it. I know that the control arms and alignment kits are the same but I am sure the spring rates and dampers are different. What are you trying to achieve?

#24 ·
Well, since Ford decided to stop making the rear caliper mounting bracket for the SVT it means no more rear drum to disc conversions. Nobody has any Ford SVT kits either. So I was thinking Mazda 3 rear disc conversion instead.

#26 ·
Sorry about taking so long to get back on this matter. The Mazda rear disc brake swap should work. There are a couple differances. The Mazda is a 5X114.3 bolt pattern and the brake hydraulic system is different. With your time and $$$ I am sure it can be done. The front steering knuckles should swap right over. Then you would open a much larger wheel option as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.