Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How many of you guys post outside of the texas forum?

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  tukaniSVT 
#1 ·
Frequently? Am I the only one who only checks the texas forum and leaves (Or showroom if I know pics were posted)?

I think i mostly dont care abt the rest of forums because of all the underground discrimination 08-11 gets...

I realized this after I see how much everyone is all 'OMG 2012!" and then refer back to the very first time I came to FF and the first post I saw was somethign along the lines of "bashing the 08-11 needs to stop" announcement sticky.

I noticed when I did my then and now thread and it only got liek 2or 3 pages worth of replies and then further down some dude was like "I washed my car" and it was 9-12 pages long.... He was driving a <08 model

So i looked around and alot of the 08-11 threads in showroom with good content in them are 3-5 pages long where as all the <08 threads w/ "I washed my car" titles and content that makes you go "Ok?" are like 30-40 (Exaggerated) of people going "OMG your car so sex"

Ya... I'm a bit sour about that.... I'm not trying to fish for compliments or anything.... but it's painfully obvious most people on this forum dgaf about the 08-11 so I don't even bother going to the other parts of it.... usually. >.>

See less See more
#2 ·
I wasn't aware some may people hate on the new Focus. Although I personally favor 05-07 Foci and EAP SVTs but that is more of a personal issue and is why I drive an 06. That doesn't mean I dislike the others I just would rather have what I've got.

The main thing, I think, that causes stuff like that is the fact that most people are forums are just trolls that don't know how to interact with anyone in real life. Most of the shit they say would lead their a$$ to getting a beating in real life but they all think they are internet tough guys. Just my $.02, but by reading that you can understand why I am an internet recluse.

#3 ·
I usually only check the Texas forum but i occasionally go to the other parts and comment or help someone out if they need it. I dont really ever post pics of my car unless i have a problem with it and need to show someone. Im not like some people who post millions of pics of it with no progress or pics just to get good comments.

#4 ·
In most instances the post are from people who are friend or familiar people! Mabee they arnt that interestid in there other things! Mabee they want to talk about washing cars!

#12 ·
matt, your post made me laugh because i was here just before tom made that sticky that basically said okay guys the 08 focus has been out for a year now, we dont need any more hate just move along. so i got to see the "hate" as well. good times, lol

i always felt like the majority of the focus people were just mad that america didnt get a euro focus, we got a reworked version of essentially the same car. then they basically voiced their opinion in a way that made it sound like the people who bought the 08's were stupid for liking and purchasing this generation of foci and should have gotten an 05-07 or held out for 4 years (at that time) for another world focus. neither of which were viable options for me, personally.

i will say that i think we have made some progress since 07-08. a few people have stanced their 08-11 (...), some have made race-oriented to full out race car examples, FSWerks did their SEMA cars (i really like that yellow coupe they did!), 3DCarbon released a lip kit for it, ford tweaked some appearance aspects of the car, so we are at least on the map compared to 07 and 08. But i dont disagree that the 08-11 focus is one that "die hards" dont really want to aknowledge existed...

...but it sucks to be them because i think the 2012 focus looks like a steaming hot plate of [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]ery; i for one have no plans to stop photographing my car and posting it up; and just like people to this very day are joining this forum with 03 ZX3's and 07 ST's people will continue to join with 08-11's long after the 2012 has been on the market. so chances of forgetting the 08-11 existed... slim to none [neener]

#13 ·
I typically check the southern section first, then the duratec performance, the ecu tuning and the wheels and suspension forums. Yes I agree that there was some dislike of the body style at first, I was one of the few 08's at FF09 and walked away with a trophy, but it felt like it was an uphill battle all the way. You have seen my red 08 coupe, it is extremely clean and very well accessorized with engine, suspension, ground effects, audio, custom interior, yet you won't see many pictures of it on the forums. I don't present my self as an postcount expert and I'll only post if i have a legit answer to solve a problem that someone might need help with. My car is probably the most washed and waxed car here and I don't post about it. All in all I'ts your car do what you want to it, be proud of it and enjoy it, it won't be your last car. Oh, by the way I dont listen to the haters....I like chrome!

#16 ·
Ya my post count is probably 85% texas forum.... once or twice a month Ill glance at the gen forum and show room but will rarely post something

And ray, ya, i can def see why you would post in the auto-x and svt forums as well... I may start peeking at the auto-x forums as well since i'm going to try and go to the june one... the only problem is it's on sundays =(

#15 ·
I of course post in here ... but even before my Mod Powers:

I would venture in the Showroom area, SVT Forums, Suspension/Wheels, AutoX and Photo sections. As those places would always have something for me to talk about ... especially in the photo area.

-Ray-

#19 ·
I check the most recent threads first as they are on the landing page, then I check SVT/ and owners, and click around at the new post as I see interest. I also check the Mod forum, oh wait you guys can't see that part...[wiggle] That is where Ray and Jason and I talk bad about you guys [giddy]
We have made Rainbow names for everyone in there. [hihi] j/k

Then i check the Texas threads to see whats new in my peps world. I may not post every night but I read what you guys write.

Keep doing what you do and the forum will continue to thrive. Its all because of you that we are as strong a website and member base as we are. You all add value, yes even DAMMIT CHUCK!![neener]

[loveff]Texas FTW

#20 ·
^^ Don't tell them all of our secrets ........ [paranoid]

And I would like to add DOUBLE WIN for Houston. We are repping it hard. Sweet. [headbang]

Even with my car down and out at the moment.

-Ray-

#21 ·
Lulz.

I spend most of my time in the Texas thread, and the showroom thread. Believe it or not those are the least hate on the 08-11 on the whole site. I tried posting in the TN thread once because I was trying to get a meet and greet going while I was in town, only one person actually showed any interest at all and he had a 08-09. One member even did his best to shut me down and at every turn and told everyone that it was canceled and would say crap like "Chatt is a little far, its 3 hours from me and I'm not gonna chance it like we did last time. We were suppose to have 6 cars show up in Pigeon forge and only one other than myself did." His name is TnFocus i believe, he posted once in the topic of meet up just to complain and then posted all over saying it wasn't going to happen and was canceled. It was looking like at least 6+ cars from the surrounding area were gonna show, 3 from Chattanooga. I don't know what is up peoples arse but for whatever reason the Texas crowd tend to be a lot nicer and cooler peeps.

#22 ·
Oh and Ray you are awesome for being a constant part of our little crew and stepping in when crap goes down. Thanks again. ^_^

#23 ·
... Tear ...

Thanks Justin ... I do what I can.

I love gatherings and having been a part of many different Focus groups and other car groups over the years and I have learned that smiling at every stride no matter what happens is what keeps people and groups going.

Even with the Fofo down ... we are still doing meets. [thumb]

-Ray-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.