Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Texas Focus Roundup 2011 -April 10th

32K views 494 replies 48 participants last post by  YellerZX3 
#1 ·

Well its that time of year again when we show the world that Proud Focus Owners(FocusFanatics) come in numbers.

From great eats to great drives to great games, We have an awesome day planned that will leave you Fat, Happy and Tired. So without further ado here is the schedule.

11am to 12pm Arrival of the Focus' (makes me think of Ride of the Valkeries) <-Click to play while you read

12pm to 2pm Meet for Lunch(Pun intended)
<-Clicky Map for location
Salt Lick Menu

2pm to 4pm Focus Cruise
<-Clicky Map of route
Garry has mapped out a great route. We will tour the RoundRock countryside in a line of Focus that will make the locals go "WTF is that all about? I have never seen that many Focus'"

4pm till last car out Main Event
<-Clicky Map to Location
Where we will have a bowling competition and play some games and just wind down for the drive home.

See less See more
#393 ·
Ok the Timing belt is done. Suprisingly easy. Especially with a Ford Shop manual. Grabbed top dead center and then shoved the pin in. Was right on the money. Cam bar didnt fit so we used a long #2 screwdriver.
Used a Strap wrench to hold the pulley and that worked as designed.
Belt was a little tight then I remembered about taking the tensioner out of the channel and that solved that problem.

Also replaced the #1 O2 sensor to get rid of the slow responce code.
While putting everything back together I noticed one of the spark plugs had some detonation issues so I replaced those as well.

Runs like a scalded dog again. No backfire on throttle blip anymore.

See you peeps after 11 or so.

#394 ·
Wish I had good things to report. Found a CV boot with a nick in it and grease being spun out and no time to take care of it.

Just can't chance driving to and from Austin with it.

If it isn't one thing it is another with my car here lately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.