Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Team Focalize...drive. pursue. represent.

32K views 476 replies 23 participants last post by  71shadow 
#1 ·
Ok so me and david have talked earlier about what direction Team Focalize is heading. i loved the idea of us creating a crew right before the show(and i know yal did too), just so we'll be able to represent and the whole Houston Import scene will recognize that we're not just a bunch of focuses crowded together but we are an exclusive car club and i want to keep that going.

I dont want all of the effort that all of us have put into creating a group for us and let it die right after the show has ended. i want to keep it thriving and if i have to be the ONLY one to do so, then so be it. but i know most of yal who are reading this, agree on the same thing. That we need a crew name for all of Houston modded focus owners to stand by when people ask "If we're part of a crew". i remember years ago, when having g2g and meets in Houston for all of us was rare and practically no one met up. But with the determination to gather more focus owners all over Houston to meet up in one place a month, is what drove us to having the best meets we've ever had in years. Within about 2 years, we've all managed to gather more focus owners (new comers and veterans...paul, ray and myself lol) to come meet up, with an average of 12+/- cars, within every month of the year. All because of the determination to meet and gather more members into our focus scene.

with this in mind, I want to do the same for all of us in Team Focalize. I want to gather more new members interested in joining a Focus-only crew and we can only achieve this with determination. Determination in making us another well-known team and to get our name out there among all the others in the Houston Import scene.

I Made this thread for discussing new ideas, suggestions in making our team better and to also welcome newcomers who want to become members as we grow in size. I know with enough support and determination, that we can do this. We can be another well-known name in Houston.

*also to add, so far me and david will handle the advertising/promotion aspect of our team to make us well known and to inform other focus drivers to join our team.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think y'all need to create some business cards that show team focalize on it and focusfanatics so that way we promote both the crew and the site to get more houston action the site and also more action with the crew. I like the idea of the crew but the only problem I see is that some of us like me and chris and wheoever else don't have jobs and won't be able to afford certain things til we get jobs.
Posted via FF Mobile

#4 ·
^^haha and yeh as im out of work, i feel your pain jeremy. im not really gonna require much from everyone, or become one of those teams to requires a lot to join. we're not even well-known yet, so we have to be open-minded to those planning to join but also have some sort of boundaries...we're not desperate lol. i also agree on business cars, ill see if i can come up with something.

#5 ·
Interesting ... let's see how long we can hold on to it.

I like Jeremy's idea of the biz cards, but who will fork out the dough to cover the print cost?

-Ray-

#6 ·
The people hwho make the most money should fork over the money for the cards LOL j/k. maybe one day we can all pitch in some money depending on if people have it or not. Now if we are gonna do a houston car club/crew type thing then i say have a carwash one day or do bar b que plates or something to that affect where we can make money or take donations.

#7 ·
Events. Those are hard to put together, but yes can make some good money.

Now, you have to fork out a bit to start but then can make it big.

To do such a thing, you need to really plan it out. Look at the pros and cons and make sure you work under a budget that you can work with to start. Know who you will aim and what kind of product will generate some revenue.

I've worked with event organizers before, it's a hard thing in any scale. Just make sure you know what you will get into to do such a thing.

-Ray-

#8 ·
If we can get a smaller car banner I would join (or even join without a sticker)... if it's ok with you guys. Really dig the focus scene and have had a ton of fun so far, and am willing to chip in for the cards. How much would they cost?

Also my boss tells me planet zero holds some kind of meet for houston import like once a month if anyone is interested for the team to show up and represnet team focalize.
Posted via FF Mobile

#10 ·
Yeah the Houston Import crowd usually hang out there at planet zero. There is a lot of drama there though. Many of the groups have some hatred for each other and lots of hatred for us focus crowd owners.

Nice cars there anyways, just stopped going for all of the hating. So, I only go if I get an assignment for photography.

Use to have good friends go there all the time, even they stopped going because of all of the drama from the meets.

-Ray-

#11 ·
Planet Zero is a good place to show what we're about. ill make the connections as to what we need to do to show and promote our name, then we can work out on making donations for such things like team shirts, banner and such. the events thing can wait for a while as we're not too big just yet. we need to start from little places such as other cars meets, planet zero meets, car shows (local and regional) just to let ppl know that this group even exist. then when we get some recognition (like after a while, they've seen that we've been coming out or we recognize a couple of ppl) then we can throw an event. we also need to sign up on a couple of forums like h-i to rep the team's name. the amount of effort we'll put into will the amount gratitude we'll get out. so no 1/2 ass-ing it. lol

#12 ·
Sounds like fun, keep me appraised on what is going on, could see this happening.

[wiggle][wiggle]

#13 ·
well probably wont help but i did make us a i like page just like focusfanatics on facebook. i need time 2 finish it. and who ever wants to be an admin. on it i can make it happen.... anyways one way to get the word out is to introduce other groups to ours and show them its more than a ford of focus group but a "car guy" group who just happens to owns fords. ive learn as long as u dont walk up to them like the focus is better and let them know u like others cars u should be fine. i know the guy who formed the mini club of houston, so if we connect w other car groups like that one and show love for both sides we can help us have more positive image for the focus. best bet find other odd man out car clubs such as focus and get w them b4 we attempt w honda etc..

#14 ·
but who will fork out the dough to cover the print cost?
if u find the right place and let them know what ur doing and where u can usually get stuff for free or discount if u promise to advertise them at events like car shows. my dad does that w/ redline graphics all his cards banners vinal decals are done by them as long as we have their name on window of our cars.

#20 ·
^^ I see Joe's confusing.

Are we a focus club or a group open to think outside the box and let others in?

Biz cards maybe cheap in some places, but it's the quality you need to look up on. Same goes with shirts. Again, if we start getting into the buying merch, we need to understand it is going to cost. So, everyone needs to be willing to pitch in something. Not to be the crabby-patty, but that's just the reality of getting a group together.

Biz Cards - can start at about 30 for 50 cards and the price changes the more you get. (bulk always cost better)
Shirts - start 25 bucks a pop (for 1 color), can get down to 5 bucks a pop if you buy up to 100+ shirts. I am quoting you guys what I have ran into in this.
Banner - Starting at 70 bucks depends on size.

So, to have a basic start you are looking around 200 bucks.

The group would need a some to be the treasurer.

-Ray-

#21 ·
^^we can work on that. and our group is strictly based on focuses, sorry didnt mean to confuse lol. but i believe we can summon the money up for all this, plus if we can find good connections with people it can even be cheaper too. i also want propose we can make smaller stickers for those who wanna join, but dont the "big" version of our team sticker. like i said, i if it came down to me to bring to the heat, then so be it. i wanna keep this going and without someone to keep that spirit going, the team will die and fade away. but i know i wont be the only one, so im just making suggestions now so it will take out the guess work in the future.

#22 ·
I am thinking of going over to underground graphics to possibly get a sticker and ask about a banner and cost of them both. I'll ask if he would like to advertiseing a little for possible discounts. Once I figure the cost of the smaller stickers anyone interested?

Posted via FF Mobile

#24 ·
i would like to volunteer for treasurer. i did it before in 2 car clubs that ive been a part of. plus, i know how to pinch a penny and get supporters. ive done it before. you guys probably want someone physically closer to Houston but i do offer my services

#25 ·
^^hey dont matter if ur in houston or if your outside of it, your help is surely welcome. as long as u can participate in some of the g2g's or car shows then we would love your help.

#26 ·
sorry if me and chuck confused anybody. i was talking about alliances w other clubs when getting or name out w events and stuff. we would be a focus club but join others and show love to other cars. at their meets and events like shows. you would have to own a focus to join the team officially but don't have to own one to show show up at events and meet the group. like how we do it now, we ve had xbs impalas and shos and even pontiacs and f150 show up w no problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.