Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Houston RACE Meet March 2010

8K views 119 replies 13 participants last post by  Tom 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay Guys ...

Here is the Plan. I know it's a Friday ... but we wanted to RUN THE CARS THIS TIME!!!

TIME: I'd say we get together about 7 - 730ish at the Raceway Park
DATE: March 26, 2010
Race Time starts at 6pm goes til 12
PLACE: Houston Raceway Park BAYTOWN Link: http://www.houstonraceway.com/
COST: Yes there is a cost ... but at least not just for parking ... $20 to Run / $10 to watch.

I will add more detail later ... But this will be the start.

Even if you do not want to run ... come out and hang.

Also ... we are thinking we might have a pool for the SPI guys ... Fastest SPI gets the pot ... ... details again to be added later.

-Ray-

#5 ·
Sorry guys ... thought I put the day ... I'm doing this at work between Renders ... **DONE**

hmmm ... bracket racing ... Well looking at that ... I think it is a Team thing. There are money trophies.

The Entry fee for that is $40. So if anyone is feeling up to the challenge to run the PROs then yes the Next day March 27th is bracket racing.

That would be pretty neat to see.

-Ray-

#9 ·
I think the Friday would be best Tom ... because the Saturday for bracket racing is really for those competing.

Friday is more of a fun run ... practice for those of us. And cheaper for some of the guys to run.

As for the SPI contest ... I was thinking we right down you guys numbers ... and average out 3 runs ... best of the averages would get the pot ... or the one the fastest would get the pot.

It's hard going into the night ... to keep running each other ... the lines end up getting real busy and then you end up running a Z06 for fun.

-Ray-

#12 ·
^^ Hey all are welcome man.

It's all in good fun ... so bring it on.

Hopefully I can get the little things fixed on the car by this time. For instance, I now need a new Passanger engine mount and still need to fix the code from the timing that is advanced ... but these things seem pretty easy and will hope to fix by mid March.

And I still need a new ORP ... my is quite bent from a hit last year ... pot holes ... anyways.

Still have time.

-Ray-

#13 ·
I need to make sure I am off on those days. I always go on sundays but if I am off yjen who cares. I hope to run a mid 15 but I'll probably run a high 15.7-ish since I need new front lower control arm bushings.

#15 ·
^^ Paul here has many hours on the track ......... addicted ......

Need to go to track-run anonymous, lol ...

-Ray-

#18 ·
Yes a Friday ... only time that is available ...

Why NOT Jeremy ...??? ...

You should be able to get out for this one man ... work or do homework the next day.

-Ray-

#19 ·
I think this is the same weekend as the ADRL meet. If so, i might be able to score some tickets to the event for free from my mechanic. Maybe. But they still won't do me any good since i have to work both the Friday and Saturday night.

In any case, if this is the same event....make sure you holler extra loud on my behalf for Taylor Automotive when they make their presence known! They have been exceptional with me and my car!

#20 ·
Since my new quarter for school is starting in march sometime ill have a wensday Thursday and Friday night class. Ill see what I can do Friday once I find out who my teacher is and ill make it out to this.
Posted via FF Mobile

#21 ·
Looks like I have to work. I'll try to get off but no promises. If not enough people can make it then maybe would should reschedule it for another day? Ether way I'll make it out to the track just don't know if it'll be with you guys.

Oh and about the track addicition don't worry breaking parts is a nice sober slap in the face. Last time I was out there I blew my diff (stupid weak link in MTX-75 tranny)

#23 ·
don't think I can show for this one, I have to close the store on fridays. So I don't get off until 9:30. Gonna try but it doesn't look good.

#27 ·
Ok I just checked their schedule again. Its either the last week of March or May. Looks like they have no public racing events scheduled for April weekends.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.