Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Houston RACE Meet March 2010

8K views 119 replies 13 participants last post by  Tom 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay Guys ...

Here is the Plan. I know it's a Friday ... but we wanted to RUN THE CARS THIS TIME!!!

TIME: I'd say we get together about 7 - 730ish at the Raceway Park
DATE: March 26, 2010
Race Time starts at 6pm goes til 12
PLACE: Houston Raceway Park BAYTOWN Link: http://www.houstonraceway.com/
COST: Yes there is a cost ... but at least not just for parking ... $20 to Run / $10 to watch.

I will add more detail later ... But this will be the start.

Even if you do not want to run ... come out and hang.

Also ... we are thinking we might have a pool for the SPI guys ... Fastest SPI gets the pot ... ... details again to be added later.

-Ray-

#85 ·
Lol ... you don't know that Tom ... I have a bent ORP right now and not so great tires.

I still have somethings to change out.

But if we run Tomorrow ... we then need to take it to the AutoX track next and have some test of our turning abilities as well. And have even more fun.

-Ray-

#89 ·
I hope I can go. I want to get there has early as I can so I can swap out my tires, and get some runs in before dark. I hope somebody picks up tomorrow for me. I've been working every Friday this whole month...

#92 ·
i was the same way with my job, always workin 5-9p on fridays, until my boss switched it around. now i have to get up in the morning for work :/ but at least i will be there. and jeremy, its ok we have david run for the spi pool. i cant believe u dont wanna make any money out of this,lol.

#94 ·
Alrighty ... So my wife moved the Teacher conference to much much earlier. [woot]

So, I will see you guys there around the posted time of 7-730pm. Maybe even earlier, because I drove the Fofo to work. I will just head straight there or grab some grub and head that way.

Car feels planted ... but the shifter feels soft. I am going to check my Shift cables before. [???:)]

-Ray-

#95 ·
OKAY GUYS ... PLACES TO EAT AFTER

So, I was of course thinking of 24 hour joints to chill at afterwards. And here is what I gathered.

There are of course the Good Sit down places ... Chilis, Black Eyed Peas, etc.
BUT ONE we don't know when we would stop playing and TWO since it is a Friday night ... lots of people are packing those places.

SO ... Here are the places I found:
1 - Denny's: 7207 Garth Rd. Baytown, TX
2 - iHop: 13405 East Freeway Houston, TX
3 - Whataburger: 1930 Garth Rd Baytown, TX

Actually the Garth Road exit has several restaurants, but these were the 24hr ones.
We aren't close to downtown, so no ChaChos or Katz's ...

The iHop I posted here is actually right with in the Beltway. There is another on Garth ... but I figured we would have a little cruise if we went to the one back towards Houston.

Whataburger is a stretch because not all of them keep their inside open 24 hours.

Let me know what you guys think.

-Ray-

#98 ·
I wish i had the extra cash to run but dont. ill be there around 9. hopefully not everyone is going to be running so i have someone to talk to while we watch. I think yall should wait til atleast the majority of the people are there before yall run em.

#99 ·
hmm ... maybe ... lol

I am going there straight from work.

So, I get out at 5 so.

Jeremy ... I will hand you my camera so you can be the photog for the runs.

-Ray-

#103 ·
You can photog too Chuckee ... I thought you were running?

So since Jeremy, wasn't. I was going to designate him to look after my photo equipment

-Ray-

#104 ·
If chuck lets me [nutkick] then he can have the camera lol jk jk jk. If chuck really wants to take pics thats fine ill have my camera to so i can snap some pics. Im not gonna wash my car or anything so it will be dirty [rofl]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.