Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd

5M views 42K replies 179 participants last post by  71shadow 
#1 ·
Ok instead of texting and what not lets do this the free way. So high guys [welcome] lets chit chat [wiggle]

#19,562 ·
yeah i want a borla...
but i also want to piece my own together..
lol i want to play with my welder... hahahaha
i have crazy ideas... to make one similar to the fswerks...
but with more swappable parts in it.

#19,563 ·
i just did a little search..
the only one listed on their website is 2.25"..
you will be choking your svt with that...

just saying.. svt is 2.5 (or a smidge bigger)... stay 2.5" or go 3" (mainly if going FI)

#19,565 ·
same here.. it has to do with flow rate and all that..

i just want to get the right muffler.. mayeb a resonator.. and then have some fun.. hahaha.. get some flanges and go to town. hahaha..

oh, and get the pipe Mandrel Bent.. better flow than crush bends..

#19,569 ·
Yeah, I didn't see that. Hmm. It said on another part of their website that they go up to 3..
"up to 3 inch depending on vehicle"

No idea what that means, but I'll keep that in mind lol.
mandrel bends are more like "stretching" the pipe instead of crushing the wall of the pipe (bending/crinkling) to get it to bend...

mandrel bends keep the interior wall of the pipe smooth which will help smooth flow rate out the exhaust.

flow rate is just regarding the rate at which the exhaust actually flows from header thru the exhaust system....

#19,571 ·
bahahaha.. i saw some stainless steel pipe on ebay for like 40 bucks for 5'.. might go that route.. and then find some place that can mandrel bend it for me.

i have a stick welder.. but i want a mig for exhaust work...

#19,573 ·
hahaha.. no. not from me at least. i haven't even welded before.. but i do know some people who have.. and they said they would help teach me..

#19,576 ·
Check this website out HERE for exhaust, you can get it any way you want with different muffler options including the borla, though I highly recommend getting a resonator along with it, with out it, it's going to be loud. Also there are gains on the SVT by going 3", you won't loose anything. Also don't go 2.25" go 2.5" or bigger or go home lol.

#19,577 ·
yeah, that place is good, but some people have issues with fitment.. lengths are wrong sometimes... their "clamps" don't always work well...

but others dont have issues.

#19,578 ·
The clamps that come with most systems suck anyways. Fitment issues could be the installer. Probably tightening each clamp as they put it on which you shouldn't do. You put it in not clamped then adjust has needed, then tighten it down.

#19,579 ·
true... but some kits have been up to 3-4" too long in parts..

of course, i'm sure there have been plenty more that have worked/fit well.. just the bad ones always get noticed more often...

not everybody reviews things when all goes well...

#19,580 ·
anybody got exp replacing axles? going to try to do mine on sunday... would say install day at my place... but hte house is a mess... my driveway sucks... and yeah...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.