Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd

5M views 42K replies 179 participants last post by  71shadow 
#1 ·
Ok instead of texting and what not lets do this the free way. So high guys [welcome] lets chit chat [wiggle]

#19,521 ·
Congrats

Ray, Paul, fellow svt owner
What tranny fluid should i use when i replace my axle

#19,524 ·
Fix the radio the right way. Rigging stuff up like that is a disaster waiting to happen, like a dead battery. The radio didn't come with a manual and the wiring harness shouldn't be that hard to hook up. There is a how to for it somewhere I'll see if I can find it.

#19,525 ·
Daniel, Zab said he uses Mobile 1 synthetic gear oil in his (75w) and that's what he recommended to me. I couldn't find any at my local auto parts store so I got the Castrol synthetic oil. Works fine feels good and was half the cost of the factory oil which just so happens to be the "Ford Honey" per my little SVT book that came with my SVT. I like it so much I'm going to put it in Ole' Yeller' eventually. I think Turbo Tom recommended synthetic 40w oil in the trannies but I can't be for certain on that, I or you can always ask him if you want?

I want to add that if you go that route that Zab and I took then make sure that the gear oil doesn't have a limited slip additive in it. Bottles that have that will have a LS on the bottle. The mobile 1 stuff will say blah blah LS. Should be clearly marked on the bottle.

#19,530 ·
I used Royal Purple manual transmission fluid when did mine.

Too pricey IMO, I've used it before and to be honest the Ford Honey was just as good if not better. Then again who can really tell a difference. Personally I'm just going to stick to the Synthetic Gear oil.

#19,539 ·
seen it some days ago, that SVT brake setup on ebay, for sure it needs bearing changed. anyways, they look god in thumbnail, but once you look at the pics... someone half-ass sprayed paint over very badly rusted parts = as soon as you install it and expose to weather, the rust will come back rapidly. So if you have SVT front brakes you're better off just reconditioning the one you have. If don't have it and want to install... well, it may be a deal considering one new knuckle costs over $150

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.