Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd

5M views 42K replies 179 participants last post by  71shadow 
#1 ·
Ok instead of texting and what not lets do this the free way. So high guys [welcome] lets chit chat [wiggle]

#18,781 ·
Chris, SVT at salvage yard pretty picked over. No front brakes and only driver side rear brake but missing caliper and bracket. Door panels, driver side missing, passenger a little rough and missing a few pieces. Rears not to bad with a few scratches/cuts but missing handle inserts. The 4 rear hatch panels seemed in perfect shape from what I could tell but kinda hard since car is up in the air on top of another car. Rear bumper looked to be in pretty good condition. Svt upper grill looked good.

Sorry Fletch no fogs cuz no front end and no wheels.

Is this the same one Chris was talking about? Did it have the front spindles at least? What about the motor and trans?

is the radio in the 1st gen focus a double din radio? it looks like it is, but i know how some of those are very tricky when it comes to actual deminsions..... reason im asking, im thinking about buying a DVD player to put in it.....

It's actually a din and a half I believe, but a double din will fit with some slight modifications. There is a how to floating around here somewhere I'll see if I can find it.

#18,782 ·
Ask and ye shall receive!

Double Din install how to by our old buddy Dean, he used to have a very clean looking focus back in the day but got rid of it for a Land Cruiser or something like that. He was super cool. Anyways HERE it is.

#18,784 ·
Are both mdf and how big is the gap? Loctite is mainly and adhesive. Just filling gap right?
The box it's the plastic Audiophile enclosure. And just less than a quarter

#18,785 ·
Yes this is same one Chris was talking about. About the only thing left of the front end is the water bottle. Complete empty void at the front end. Axles were in the front floor boards. Svt grill was in back seat. Think I moved the knuckle w/maybe spindle for right side out of the way. Svt mirrors were still there. Drivers is still attached but passenger side is in the car.

#18,786 ·
Chris, SVT at salvage yard pretty picked over. No front brakes and only driver side rear brake but missing caliper and bracket. Door panels, driver side missing, passenger a little rough and missing a few pieces. Rears not to bad with a few scratches/cuts but missing handle inserts. The 4 rear hatch panels seemed in perfect shape from what I could tell but kinda hard since car is up in the air on top of another car. Rear bumper looked to be in pretty good condition. Svt upper grill looked good.

Sorry Fletch no fogs cuz no front end and no wheels.

When I was there, front calipers were tossed under some other stuff in front-passenger leg room. Other rear caliper is in the trunk if i remember correctly.

Rear bumper indeed is in good condition, which is nice because my one is crashed in one place and scratched allover. Tranny I'll be buying from them fooo shooo. Can't remember what they said about engine if it's there or not.

I'll be there tomorrow to check it all in detail.

#18,789 ·
Didn't ask about engine or tranny but now that I think about it they may have pulled and separated those and have them stored elsewhere. Didn't look all around the car since it was up in the air and raining abit. Couldn't see in hatch area.

Don't forget to take you climbing gear lol.

#18,790 ·
Don't forget to take you climbing gear lol.
I know right ? :D

Ya they separated some parts, Tranny is there and they ask $550, not cheap.

#18,791 ·
That's expensive for the tranny.

You'll notice the front seats are gone when you go. I may end up getting the 4 hatch area interior panels later once I can get up in there and take a good look. Door panels were abit too messed up for my liking.

#18,792 ·
If it still has the spindles I may pick those up...maybe. It's the part the strut slips into and the capilers, and lower ball joint bolt too. If you go let me know if they are still there and find out how much they want for them please?

#18,796 ·
OK, just came back from yard.... some SOB snatched the front seats :/

hehe, ok .. here's what's still there:

Transmission
<- not sure anymore if I take it at $550, it doesn't look bad, but isn't in very good condition either. Looks like some dirt got inside through openings by where CV axles attach, not sure if I can clean it out well without opening it all apart.

Engine - didn't see it but was told it's all nice and clean.

One front light - nice and clear but has a few hard scratches from poor handling at yard.

Flex Pipe - actually looks to be in very good shape

SVT Grille - ok, no scratches

Front calipers - both of em

aaaaand, Paul pay attention, a front right knuckle

I'm giving you heads up guys, some of stuff you won't pick up I'll probably buy to resale so I can afford that Tranny swap.

#18,797 ·
Found another SVT at junkyard, Silver with red interior.

It has front and rear bumper, and most of the stuff, minus the engine and left front knuckle with caliper.

#18,799 ·
front bumper $300, I can't remember if it still has fogs on it, but I do remember that it's not damaged, just scratched so you will need to sand and repaint it, at least in some areas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.