Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd

5M views 42K replies 179 participants last post by  71shadow 
#1 ·
Ok instead of texting and what not lets do this the free way. So high guys [welcome] lets chit chat [wiggle]

#1,866 ·
Well ... it's good you are learning the PS System Chuck ... I would tone done the over saturation ... you are starting to get some strong color highlights that are bothersome.

But a good start. I would learn and practice with Levels and Curves ... it will help enhance color abilities.

-Ray-

#1,868 ·
It's also because the shot is a bit blurry and you shot in JPEG and not RAW.

Minor details. But you are starting to get the jist.

-Ray-

#1,870 ·
chuck, try to shoot in RAW for photos you think you will want to play with in PS, Aperture, LightRoom, etc. for those "just point and shoot" moments, JPEG is fine

#1,871 ·
It's also because the shot is a bit blurry and you shot in JPEG and not RAW....

-Ray-
no. your camera shot in jpeg, which i didnt know until i loaded them into my computer lol but yeh im learning. im also fixing up my older pics and making them more vibrant in color and clarity. some pics i can salvage and there's some not even the finest programs can save from horrible quality.

im also trying to divert from the whole "point-and-shoot" thing. i like to take things as is, and then add my touch for the final product. not some wimpy camera.

now where to get a nikon for cheap...hmmm [idea]

#1,872 ·
Keh.com, adorama.com, bhphotovideo.com < - website places.

Here in Houston: go to Houston Camera Exchange or Camera Co-Op.

Enjoy browsing.

And thanks Justin. Yes my wife is holding up ... she watches TV, walks, watches TV, walks ... pain pain pain ... watch TV, walks.

I figure it will be like that for about a week.

And Darrel, I don't think Chuck even knows what Lightroom and Aperture are. I personally like Aperture a bit better than lightroom. I have Aperture 2.1 and am thinking about upgrading to Aperture 3.

But lately, I have bought lights with battery packs to take out side. Love Outside Strobes ... they are so fun.

-Ray-

#1,874 ·
And Darrel, I don't think Chuck even knows what Lightroom and Aperture are. I personally like Aperture a bit better than lightroom....

-Ray-
yeh you're right, i don't lol. but i have heard of them. so im just gonna try and play with Ps before moving to anything else so i can at get a hang on how to edit photos like a pro.

#1,875 ·
Well, Lightroom and Aperture are organizing softwares with some adjustments that keep you from opening PS. Then has a major link to PS for Major touch ups.

Just about all Major Photogs have one or the other for their organization tool and quick adjustment tool.

Just filling in the know for ya.

-Ray-

#1,876 ·
i usually use lightroom/apeture for minor adjustments since thats all i ever really make. rarely do i break open the full PS.

night-shaded my tail lamps tonight. didnt do the lense, just the chrome arc around the outer edges. looks MUCH better, sportier!

#1,878 ·
Thanks man.

Well, we have been home for about 4 hours now. Pretty long day since we had to be at the hospital around 530AM.

She is feeling a bit better. Just relaxing and and watching some TV.

-Ray-
So how did she handle it? Glad it went alright!

#1,879 ·
i usually use lightroom/apeture for minor adjustments since thats all i ever really make. rarely do i break open the full PS.

night-shaded my tail lamps tonight. didnt do the lense, just the chrome arc around the outer edges. looks MUCH better, sportier!
Same here for the aperture. If I find I need to mask out a section to do curves with or find something I just want to plain take out ... I go to my external editor PS.

Look forward to seeing your shaded lamps.

-Ray-

#1,880 ·
Well back in good ole Texas, 13 hour drives kill ya. [xx(]

Anyway one redeeming quality was my MPG

Houston to Chattanooga 41.4 MPG
Chattanooga to Houston 39.6 MPG

GoGo mighty Focus! [woot]

It was fun got to meet up with a fellow member Ryan_D and his cool ride. Spent some time with family and got away from work for a bit...

But it's good to be back and look forward to our next meet.

-VonKrause-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.